Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Discussion regarding donating on Private Servers

Discussion on Discussion regarding donating on Private Servers within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 01/20/2010, 00:57   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTe Ninja View Post
Actually you do expect something in return. You expect that the Haiti Charity goes toward the haiti people and that it does help them out. Translate into conquer... If you donate you expect that the money will go toward goodness and not just random things.
lol true, i never thought to look at it in that perspective
Old 01/20/2010, 03:22   #47

You might refer to it as a recompense. The users are rewarded for their donations.
Old 01/20/2010, 03:58   #48

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePVPer10 View Post
Sharing opinions and discussing opinions is "bashing" these days? If you feel offended by my opinion or others than please do us all a favor and just leave this thread.
$324 a year? Really, where do you buy your domains? (and maintain them)
im not buying domain lol...
just found a random on google =]
well
this is what donations not should give:
Quote:
-overpowers like attpoints (All should have same value to use of)
-alot hp (Since you cant play then and when you pk no one dies, then you can just remove the damage calculation so you dont do damage anyway)
-GMRobe for players (thats just WTF)
-VIP where you only get [vip] in name, level 150 and thats it (It should have much more features for vip, like new maps, items etc.)
-GM/PM Status (Thats just f*****, peoples should not could pay for being staff. It will just make a lot of abusing. To be staff you should do a great job)
-Items (Peoples should have chance to get items without donate also)
Old 01/21/2010, 10:37   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTe Ninja View Post
Actually you do expect something in return. You expect that the Haiti Charity goes toward the haiti people and that it does help them out. Translate into conquer... If you donate you expect that the money will go toward goodness and not just random things.
If i send money to Haiti Charity i expect it to go to the Haiti people, correct.
If i send money to a private server i enjoy i expect to see my money end up in the project because i'm supporting it. Not buying virtual merchandise.
Old 01/21/2010, 13:14   #50

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
If i send money to Haiti Charity i expect it to go to the Haiti people, correct.
If i send money to a private server i enjoy i expect to see my money end up in the project because i'm supporting it. Not buying virtual merchandise.
And what if both happens`?
Old 01/21/2010, 15:47   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by phini View Post
imagine donating to the Haiti Charity to help out with the earthquake relief. Do you really expect something in return? Of Course not, you are donating to the organiseation. The same applies to Private servers, you are donating to a project in which you can help them carry on, while you enjoy the benfits. It is entirely up to the people recieivng the benefits to return anything.
According to psychology, people actually do donate because they expect something back.
For example; If you are a donor, you do it because you do good, and/or because you would also hope you got an organ or what ever if you needed one.

Quote:
That might sound reasonable, but in fact thats not even true.
Most of us spent more money on virtual shit, as on charities. In fact, humans are social, but even if they live in luxury, they will not give away a lot of money to charities, of course 10,000 dollars is a lot, but those who donate it, either have a reason (Friends, Family, Recognizable situation, etc.) or just have a lot of money.

Of course there is a chance you are a super well doer, but probably not.
Old 01/22/2010, 01:25   #52

elite*gold: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount S View Post
You might refer to it as a recompense. The users are rewarded for their donations.
The 'users' don't look at it that way though. They look at it as "MAN! I could kick his *** for 10 bucks worth of cps!" I could almost guarantee you that if Qonquer, for example, stopped 'giving' cps to donor that people would stop donating. There might be like 2-3 donations for maybe a dollar, if that.

As Inf has said, its not donating if you receive special treatment. If you do receive special treatment, you did not donate anything.