Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Idea] Dungeon Buffs

Discussion on [Idea] Dungeon Buffs within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Idea] Dungeon Buffs

So today i was thinking what new we can have in a dungeon if the dungeon is going to take some time to finish and i came up with the idea with "Buffs"

here is a img i got from league of legends to explain the buff thing

so i was thiking to add 3-4 kind of buffs around the dungeon.

[200 sec of atk buff]
[200 sec of dif buff]
[200 sec of fast atk buff]
[200sec of crit buff]

you know stuff like that, just make a small boss somewhere in the map and after killing him you get the buff and he will be back in idk 3-5min later?

so what you think does this sound good idea?
Old 06/07/2013, 17:54   #2

Sounds like tower quest at mystic castle , good idea DO IT and show us please we're waitin u.
Old 06/07/2013, 18:13   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slam View Post
Sounds like tower quest at mystic castle , good idea DO IT and show us please we're waitin u.
I know you are trying to mark me after the fight me and you got into but giving idea does not mean i need the proof that i can or can't the idea is for people to think if its good and use it if they need.

i would love to show you but atm i am not working on any dungeon.

BUT!! i will show you a very simple way to do it just so you know i dont just talk and w8 for someone to do it.

the Idea is simple.

you just put the monsters name and put the code when it die.
Code:
if (Name == "Selene")
{
 user.AttachStatus(StatusType.AttackPotion, 30, 30 * 60);
                    user.AddEffect1(Effect1.Stig, 30 * 60 * 1000);
}
thats it, oh and make sure to make the monster come back in 5min or something which can be handled in monsterspawn, in navicat.
Old 06/07/2013, 18:18   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Thats quite the idea! I would never have thought of using...what did you call it a.... 'buff'?
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/07/2013, 18:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Thats quite the idea! I would never have thought of using...what did you call it a.... 'buff'?
buff or "extra power" whatever feel good to call, but in League of legends they call it buff so i went with it.
Old 06/07/2013, 18:32   #6

Old 06/07/2013, 18:48   #7

Received Thanks: 2,882
lol @ korvacs, what a funny guy
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/07/2013, 18:54   #8

i don't know why you people are trying to make fun of the idea,

i think its a grate idea and something useful to have in a game. just because it is easy to make i don't think its useless to have, and its kind of rude when idk someone is saying the idea is not good people are following him instead of saying what they think of it.
Old 06/07/2013, 20:17   #9

Can you explain what is happening in your "descriptive" picture, I still have no idea what buff is?

edit: oh, is that stone thing supposed to be a boss? (haven't played league of legends)
Old 06/07/2013, 20:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
Can you explain what is happening in your "descriptive" picture, I still have no idea what buff is?

edit: oh, is that stone thing supposed to be a boss? (haven't played league of legends)
Sure sorry about that let me explain,

The middle stone is the boss XD and the blue ting around it is the effect, ones you kill the boss the effect transform in you, and the boss is for mana so blue match it, the reason i put the picture there is to show how it should be,

1. the boss should be a bit big.
2. respond 1 place only and only 1.
3. have a effect on him so when you kill you get the effect with the buff.
Old 06/07/2013, 22:00   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
Sure sorry about that let me explain,

The middle stone is the boss XD and the blue ting around it is the effect, ones you kill the boss the effect transform in you, and the boss is for mana so blue match it, the reason i put the picture there is to show how it should be,

1. the boss should be a bit big.
2. respond 1 place only and only 1.
3. have a effect on him so when you kill you get the effect with the buff.
that so simple thoug, killer.mobname smth like that , update flag of player , thats it.
Old 06/07/2013, 22:20   #12

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
i don't know why you people are trying to make fun of the idea,

i think its a grate idea and something useful to have in a game. just because it is easy to make i don't think its useless to have, and its kind of rude when idk someone is saying the idea is not good people are following him instead of saying what they think of it.
Its worth mentioning I think that Conquer already has buffs.
Old 06/07/2013, 23:21   #13

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Why not just use Traps?

It's already supported by the client and can offer some very interesting gameplay if handled correctly.

Stepping on the effect causes a positive or negative effect to your client. This can be used for things like raid skills (explosives or poison on ground) or things such as healing auras on the ground, experience boosts, etcetc.

In Eudemons they worked much like shrines do in diablo. Offering you boosted stats for X seconds but you could use them any way you wished.
Old 06/07/2013, 23:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Why not just use Traps?

It's already supported by the client and can offer some very interesting gameplay if handled correctly.

Stepping on the effect causes a positive or negative effect to your client. This can be used for things like raid skills (explosives or poison on ground) or things such as healing auras on the ground, experience boosts, etcetc.

In Eudemons they worked much like shrines do in diablo. Offering you boosted stats for X seconds but you could use them any way you wished.
i had no idea conquer used that, never seen any quest or even using something like this. but thx for letting me know i will see what i can find out.
Old 06/08/2013, 00:10   #15

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
i had no idea conquer used that, never seen any quest or even using something like this. but thx for letting me know i will see what i can find out.
Basically anything that exists in the client code for conquer/eudemons can be used. They are the same engine so just about everything applies to both unless they are unique features specifically for that game.

Traps are simply how ground effects are supposed to be handled but they never became a big thing in conquer although they do use them now for some of the random quests.