Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Capture the flag & Champion arena

Discussion on Capture the flag & Champion arena within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 07/18/2013, 15:55   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 8,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
seriously since your first post on this forum 80% if not more of what you post are memes and sarcasm which i don't find it funny but that's not relevant, but could you just enlighten us as impulse said and give us more info of to why you call him "******" ?
That's IAmHawtness' account, he's probably contributed more than you ever will.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/18/2013, 15:59   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phize View Post
And no one says he didn't, nor he doesn't know what he is talking about. I probably am retarded, but even so I want to learn. So, I am waiting for an answer that will back up his posts.
Old 07/18/2013, 16:04   #18

Quote:
contributed and not contributing, i also highly doubt "ever will" part as you never know what others could do in the future ? ex. your packet sniffer that crash and i got it working? but how is that relevant anyway ?
back on the topic, my point wasn't who is contributing more or who knows better, my point was someone (no matter who) comes out of nowhere insulting/criticizing others without mentioning a valid reason or atleast pointing out what's wrong
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/18/2013, 16:22   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
Okay. Please enlighten me. Tell me exactly what is wrong about I wrote.

I only write from experience so, if you know differently, please don't just make accusations, back them up as well.
This is what you said:
Quote:
If only organization would actually matter in programming. Organization brings nothing else than ease to the reader, not efficiency as far as the machine is concerned (if a machine is ever concerned about smth).
Also, it's not necessary the efficiency that make the servers crash (& burn.). It's the programming platform imo.
A C++ server hardly crashes because everything is managed by the programmer, whereas with C# so many things are simply out of your control.
I said those were some stupid things to say. You suddenly start talking about garbage collection and threading in .NET for no apparent reason. Anyways, since you wanted a reply so badly...

I hope you're not serious about wanting me to explain why having clean and well organized code is good - even if you're the only one who'll ever touch it.

C# is, by design, much safer than C++ and it is much easier/faster to write safe and correct code in C# compared to C++ and therefore a server written in C# should have a smaller chance of crashing than a C++ server. Most professional companies would probably choose C++ (or some other native language) for a game server, but NOT because it doesn't crash as often as a server written in a managed language like C#. They would choose C++ over C# because of performance.

I would almost bet you that if you were to put a thousand random programmers with equal experience in C++ and C# in a room and have them write 200 applications in both C++ and C#, you'd find that the C# versions of the applications would have less bugs.
Old 07/18/2013, 16:36   #20

Received Thanks: 8,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
contributed and not contributing, i also highly doubt "ever will" part as you never know what others could do in the future ? ex. your packet sniffer that crash and i got it working? but how is that relevant anyway ?
back on the topic, my point wasn't who is contributing more or who knows better, my point was someone (no matter who) comes out of nowhere insulting/criticizing others without mentioning a valid reason
Did you just bash my packet sniffer?... lol

The client hangs upon login, not because of a bug in the app, but because of anti-debugging features TQ implemented.

Secondly, it's old and (as stated in the thread) I am not updating it anymore.

That said, I have re-written it completely in C#, fixed and improved what it needed / was lacking.

</offtopic>
Old 07/18/2013, 16:39   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
This is what you said:

I said those were some stupid things to say. You suddenly start talking about garbage collection and threading in .NET for no apparent reason. Anyways, since you wanted a reply so badly...

I hope you're not serious about wanting me to explain why having clean and well organized code is good - even if you're the only one who'll ever touch it.

C# is, by design, much safer than C++ and it is much easier/faster to write safe and correct code in C# compared to C++ and therefore a server written in C# should have a smaller chance of crashing than a C++ server. Most professional companies would probably choose C++ (or some other native language) for a game server, but NOT because it doesn't crash as often as a server written in a managed language like C#. They would choose C++ over C# because of performance.

I would almost bet you that if you were to put a thousand random programmers with equal experience in C++ and C# in a room and have them write 200 applications in both C++ and C#, you'd find that the C# versions of the applications would have less bugs.

Ok that's a lot better.

I didn't say that C++ is safer than C#. I said that with C# some (I actually said 'so many', but I guess there's not many examples) things are out of the programmer's control, and because you didn't give a reason for your post, I gave an example for the things that are out of control in C#.

As for my initial post, what I really meant to say was that organization in programming doesn't mean more efficiency (cpu-wise).
Old 07/18/2013, 17:03   #22

Quote:
Did you just bash my packet sniffer?... lol

The client hangs upon login, not because of a bug in the app, but because of anti-debugging features TQ implemented.

Secondly, it's old and (as stated in the thread) I am not updating it anymore.

That said, I have re-written it completely in C#, fixed and improved what it needed / was lacking.

</offtopic>
are you seriously explaining to me why it's crashing ? i find that kinda weird
but hey 4-5 years ago i was editing binaries and famous for that, was no way near any programming
3 years ago i was able to use visual basic and have managed to use printer socket to send/recv data from electrical/mechanical device that i've made from scratch
1 year ago i've been an intermediate c# programmer and was no way near asm/reversing or c++
right now im c++ beginner and asm beginner/intermediate

what im saying inline is that you can always expect anything from anyone as long as they are working there ***** out to be better

and i really did not mean to be mean to anyone on intention but what about coming from nowhere calling him ****** without explaining the reason (for maybe the reason could be his **** star avatar) but i won't mention a reason and just go straight to criticizing, won't that be just as stupid ?
i wasn't really against anyone, i was against the idea of criticizing without mentioning the reason or even point out what's wrong and add solution to it
Old 07/18/2013, 18:26   #23

Quote:
If only organization would actually matter in programming. Organization brings nothing else than ease to the reader, not efficiency as far as the machine is concerned (if a machine is ever concerned about smth).
Also, it's not necessary the efficiency that make the servers crash (& burn.). It's the programming platform imo.
A C++ server hardly crashes because everything is managed by the programmer, whereas with C# so many things are simply out of your control.
It's not fair to blame C# for your source ******* up massively at a medium player base. Instead do something about it, as I said glueing things on top of your source only makes it worse.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/18/2013, 18:33   #24

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
It's not fair to blame C# for your source ******* up massively at a medium player base. Instead do something about it, as I said glueing things on top of your source only makes it worse.
Yeah... noobs use glue.

DUCKTAPE!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/18/2013, 21:24   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
Eh, a little bit of duck tape makes everything so much better. Though you are right, obviously if you know well enough you don't really have to worry about crashing (& burning.). I am glad that you're past that.
Old 07/23/2013, 08:43   #26

Received Thanks: 1,107
Quote:
This is the packet used for champion matches.

Code:

public class ChampionKernel : Writer
        {
            public enum KernelType : int
        }
#request close.

Honestly.. I would have been more then happy to share the packets with you, But the thing is i know for a fact that you don't deserve shit.

I mean here you are acting like you are all about sharing and bullshit but when someone asks you for something related to conquer you say that its a competition and only the hard workers win and sharing is not an option, While you steal others work and give no damn credit.
Hell you even tricked me into giving you every single packet for the team arena, Packets that i have spent hours and hours sniffing/Analyzing all structured, commented and ready to be used in exchange for you to tell me how to tackle the password encryption thing, And after all you simply say "Detours" and your on your own, Its a competition, And i cant say anything else.

And when i released the new version of evolution and it had the option to start the client with all 3 definitions you immediately reversed it and implemented it in your game loader. I can't blame you for that you did it on your own but still i mentioned it to show people that you are nothing and i mean nothing but a crappy coder and scavenger feeding off of others work.

Well i guess it doesn't matter because i was a noob when it boiled down to hooking/injection, And i am the one to blame because i trusted you.

After all you saw me as a competition and that was how long ago? a Year or a year and a half? Oh yeah Imagine what i am capable of by now and how much of an asset i would have been if you didn't cheat me like that.

I just wanted people to know how cheap you are.
Old 07/23/2013, 13:28   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post
No one asked you specifically to post the packets.
While you say I back-stabbed you after you supposedly gave me the team arena packets (which, for some reason, I have no recall of) for not giving you what made Trinity 1st server to be on the latest version, well, excuse me if you think everything is black and white.
Trade secrets are named 'secrets' for a reason.

As you did see, I asked for these packet dumps and no one even had one so I had to do it on my own and when someone asked for the end result I posted it for the whole (which is not as active as it used to be, but eh, everything is overrated nowadays) community.

Since you're the one big on sharing I suppose I should say congratulations on being a pro and thanks for whatever you released. (We both know almost no one used your work nor even downloaded it because, well it's above most of the people in this community).

Good thing we have you ( { Angelius } ) to share for us all.
Old 07/23/2013, 16:02   #28

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I would contribute more to this conversation, but I really don't have the time to do so. You don't sound like a computer science major with the attitude you have about organization and documentation. Organized code is what's expected of you from the industry. You'll never, ever get a job programming if you continue to piece together code in that haphazard fashion. Here's the reasoning behind it: organized code increases the expandability of the project. It's easier to expand and easier for others to read (which is extremely important when you work with a team). As far as the style of your project goes, it's also suffering greatly. I see no use of abstraction or inheritance, which would really increase expandability as well - more of the rate at which you could expand. I'm not speaking out of my ***, I'm speaking from experience in the industry, and from experience as a computer science major, so are most of the members telling you off right now. You shouldn't see it as criticism, but an opportunity to better your style - style is massively important and shouldn't be blown off. I support what Angelius is trying to say, don't see it as a backstab though. He's just trying to improve your programming style.
Old 07/23/2013, 16:44   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
I would contribute more to this conversation, but I really don't have the time to do so. You don't sound like a computer science major with the attitude you have about organization and documentation. Organized code is what's expected of you from the industry. You'll never, ever get a job programming if you continue to piece together code in that haphazard fashion. Here's the reasoning behind it: organized code increases the expandability of the project. It's easier to expand and easier for others to read (which is extremely important when you work with a team). As far as the style of your project goes, it's also suffering greatly. I see no use of abstraction or inheritance, which would really increase expandability as well - more of the rate at which you could expand. I'm not speaking out of my ***, I'm speaking from experience in the industry, and from experience as a computer science major, so are most of the members telling you off right now. You shouldn't see it as criticism, but an opportunity to better your style - style is massively important and shouldn't be blown off. I support what Angelius is trying to say, don't see it as a backstab though. He's just trying to improve your programming style.
No, he wasn't.
I do understand constructive criticism and I didn't respond to it as if I did not agree with it.

I still use that programming style because changing the whole source would be a waste of time at this moment because it's not going to undergo some big changes.

But, if you do have time to spare, please, be my guest take a source that's floating around, organize it and let us all see what good it will do to the human kind.
Old 07/23/2013, 17:57   #30

Wow i never seen a thread like this, when almost everyone (not me) are the major coders of this section are fighting, i wont count this as a feedback because we all can see this is going to far.

ImmuneOne
Fang
-impulse-
{ Angelius }
go for it
Smaehtin
shadowman123

you all are good at coding and all of you have your own ways of coding,

-Impulse
may use a bit long way to code but i seen him coding and he code very fast, so maybe thats his style?

fang
understanding so many things in just few years that's just making WOW, how can someone get so good at something in just few years.

{ Angelius }
has released many sick stuff that everyone almost liked, like the packet for the new collecting flower or w.e tq call it.

_DreadNought_
has done some epic work for my launcher long time ago that i found very cool.

shadowman123
is been working on his server long time and his working alone

ImmuneOne
"i don't know you well XD" but someone told me your very good at your job so i will go with that XD

go for it
very kind person who will take his time to help someone even if he does not have the best answer

My point is you all are doing grate, someone use long way to code but his fast, someone know the short way but code slow, so do need to judge each other here,

we all are stealing from tq, of cores we are, so i hope this thread get closed as soon as possible because i don't know how the hell you guys start a conversation like this from a thread who is asking for a map id XD
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread