Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Proof of Concept - Controlled Movement Speed

Discussion on Proof of Concept - Controlled Movement Speed within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Proof of Concept - Controlled Movement Speed

Hello slows, movement speed increase, stuns, etc. actually being a major part of PvP, and even PvE now! Like us on FaceBook! (link in signature)

Thanks
5 Users
Old 06/03/2013, 05:10   #2

elite*gold: 28
That's really ******* cool.

You should add Time Dilation.

Where if, the server lags, you slow all clients down and the server stays at top speed so the load coming in on the server slows down dramatically (Have a meter, 0% = none, 100% = things are half as slow) and the user faces no lag.

While it may not be needed, if your devs are anything like me they will do it simply because it'll be awesome to code.

Watched it again, infact that's really ******* awesome, sharing is caring
Old 06/03/2013, 05:18   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Stop it! too much cool stuff.

Just to clarify, this involves client modification or just tricking the client via existing systems/packets? In some of your other videos you said explicitly but knowing per feature what is possible without client edits is always a plus for those looking to use your vids as inspiration for our own features.
Old 06/03/2013, 05:22   #4

This was done with an extension field to the Spawn Packet (to contain the number used with /ms) and a new Synchronize type (to allow run-time updating of move speed), sorry for failing to mention this.

None of this requires modification of existing client files, but rather just use of our extensions. Didn't take long to do this one, about 10 minutes...

About all this sharing, we'd rather people just join our community and contribute ideas and watch as we bring them to life. If you're interested in helping with development, I think something could be arranged but I would have to speak to Engputer first and see what he thinks.
Old 06/03/2013, 05:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs_ffchen View Post
This was done with an extension field to the Spawn Packet (to contain the number used with /ms) and a new Synchronize type (to allow run-time updating of move speed), sorry for failing to mention this.

None of this requires modification of existing client files, but rather just use of our extensions. Didn't take long to do this one, about 10 minutes...
i have a question, i see many people (me also) loved your works,
are you thinking time to time teach some of us your grate skills?
not talking about the stuff you showed up already. just wane know if you are going to make some guides in the future showing some cool stuff we can do.

btw nice work
Old 06/03/2013, 05:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
i have a question, i see many people (me also) loved your works,
are you thinking time to time teach some of us your grate skills?
not talking about the stuff you showed up already. just wane know if you are going to make some guides in the future showing some cool stuff we can do.

btw nice work
To be completely honest with you, most of what's done is done (in the Proof of Concept videos) by our member blacknull (who isn't registered on Elite PvPers), but you can talk to him on procsdev's forums () but is recorded/documented by me.

In advance, the following post does not reflect the views of the PCSD project. They are solely my own.

As far as the project is concerned, I don't think we're particularly leaning towards showing anyone how to do anything. The top server rankings are ruined to vote bots. Awful servers running on binary's or Impulse's leaked source plauge the private server section and quite frankly, nobody is interested in learning in comparison to flipping a quite dollar or two.

This may seem harsh, but we don't feel the community deserves to know how it's done, just that it can be done. Our goal is to simply overtake the role as the most popular private server and set a standard for everyone.

I'll give you another example. I applaud L2H for having such a large member base, but I don't feel they've really done anything, at the end of the day, they're still a binary server. In fact, it's not like they're even special in that regards, it's just their management (Korvacs, Janix, etc) aren't greedy cunts like the lot which is what should be the standard...
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/03/2013, 05:36   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
As far as the project is concerned, I don't think we're particularly leaning towards showing anyone how to do anything. The top server rankings are ruined to vote bots. Awful servers running on binary's or Impulse's leaked source plauge the private server section and quite frankly, nobody is interested in learning in comparison to flipping a quite dollar or two.
see i'mma tell u, what wu told me, that cash rules everything around me, sing a dolla' dolla' bill ya'll
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/03/2013, 06:22   #8

what you say is true, but cool keep uploading this cool stuff i keep getting new ideas from the ideas you share.
Old 06/03/2013, 06:28   #9

elite*gold: 28
Quote:

About all this sharing, we'd rather people just join our community and contribute ideas and watch as we bring them to life. If you're interested in helping with development, I think something could be arranged but I would have to speak to Engputer first and see what he thinks.
Just feel like I have to clarify, this is the one thing I've asked

But I totally understand and even agree with your views.
Old 06/03/2013, 12:25   #10

Received Thanks: 1,565
id say its done by some asm injection (code cave) my guess there extension class has created a few hooks etc etc, thus allowing them to add/remove fields and modify the memory space with specific values.. Thats how id do it anyway.

PS: Done it :P
Thanks
1 User