Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CSV3 Continues development

Discussion on CSV3 Continues development within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
CSV3 Continues development

Just thought I'd announce as of today, development on CSV3 has been started again. Currently ntL3fty and myself are working on upgrading the source to the newest version of Conquer, and we're probably going to prioritize working on and documenting the newer features in CO which the private server scene lacks information about (i.e. Auction, Chi, Subclasses, etc.)

Everything's open source as before, and can be found here:
Thanks
14 Users
Old 03/10/2013, 08:57   #2

elite*gold: 0
OKy good start
wish you luck
Old 03/10/2013, 09:23   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114

I'm pretty stoked to see this going again.
If I find anything you don't have, I'll let you know.
Old 03/10/2013, 13:43   #4

wish i can understand anything from this coding
Old 03/10/2013, 15:46   #5

Does chi system fully working same TQ or missing somethings
Old 03/10/2013, 15:55   #6

elite*gold: 28
^Is a classic example as to why all the work you do in that source publicly from here on out will only benefit about 5 people if you're lucky.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/10/2013, 17:53   #7

at the very first i was like "no that will make everything i worked on worthless as everyone will have it for free"
then i was like "nah nah nah hybrid using indexers invokes abstracts delegates and that stuff that not everyone really understand so it's fine muahahahahha"
pretty much remember the conquer ai reversed client which i had copy of and how it was written XD as dread said "all the work you do in that source publicly from here on out will only benefit about 5 people if you're lucky."
Old 03/10/2013, 18:02   #8

Neither me nor nT write CSV3 intentionally for the community to benefit. We do it because it's fun and an enjoyable way of passing time and doing research. It's simply a side-effect that people benefit from out work if at all.

At the end of the day, what we're working towards is a source more stable than the binaries, and more advanced. Later on in the project we will offer simply just a download-and-go executable/database like the binaries do.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 03/11/2013, 13:04   #9

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Neither me nor nT write CSV3 intentionally for the community to benefit. We do it because it's fun and an enjoyable way of passing time and doing research. It's simply a side-effect that people benefit from out work if at all.

At the end of the day, what we're working towards is a source more stable than the binaries, and more advanced. Later on in the project we will offer simply just a download-and-go executable/database like the binaries do.
But why replace the much hated bins with pretty much an updated version?

isn't CO2 PServer development about learning to code and doing things you never thought you could do? Simply releasing a download&go exe & db doesn't sound like you at all; I always got the impression from you if somebody wanted a good source - They need to learn C#.

However - I understand your first paragraph and that's all good / fair enough.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/11/2013, 20:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
But why replace the much hated bins with pretty much an updated version?

isn't CO2 PServer development about learning to code and doing things you never thought you could do? Simply releasing a download&go exe & db doesn't sound like you at all; I always got the impression from you if somebody wanted a good source - They need to learn C#.

However - I understand your first paragraph and that's all good / fair enough.
I don't think it matters to either us at this points. It's apparent that the development community has gone to **** in comparison to its once former glory. And on another note:

We've updated the source and have now started working on restructuring old content, and adding new.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/18/2013, 23:25   #11

You guys should provide a change log.
Old 03/19/2013, 00:48   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shunsui- View Post
You guys should provide a change log.
works well.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/19/2013, 18:01   #13

Is the database public ? or do we have to construct it our own ?
Old 03/19/2013, 20:14   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by diedwarrior View Post
Is the database public ? or do we have to construct it our own ?
You can try . Extract this to its own folder and point the game server config to it. Assuming the game server config also has a valid CO2 folder setup, it will create the pieces of the database it needs -- itemtype, levels, and magictype I believe.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/20/2013, 12:13   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTL3fTy View Post
You can try . Extract this to its own folder and point the game server config to it. Assuming the game server config also has a valid CO2 folder setup, it will create the pieces of the database it needs -- itemtype, levels, and magictype I believe.
What about the open source project not released yet??