Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Port/Socket Problem

Discussion on Port/Socket Problem within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Port/Socket Problem

I'm working on my private server and when i need to host it i am having the following issue:
-using local ip works smoothly no client errors,log-in on all servers using conquer loader or any other 5670+ patch loader(csv3config file for settings)
When i am using an external IP and try to connect to it from other place across internet with the portforwarding corrctly set up(Ports checked using most port checking tools they are open,as the website is up and accessible) i get the failed to connect to gameserver error, if i switch gameport to auth port i get log-in freeze, on other ports same error, using conquer loader v5 i get invalid account or password error, i have tried on several computers/routers same errors all the time.
Ports are not blocked by any firewall, as they are added to the exeptions and all stuff.
Where should i try to look for the root of this problem?
Old 01/17/2013, 21:32   #2

what IP do you send to the client when it is in the auth stage? namely what IP do you tell the client to use to connect to the game server?
Old 01/18/2013, 05:46   #3

the client connects with the external IP,and the source is set to the local ip 192....i saw in netstat -n in cmd that the ports are open, but they have no IP assigned to them .in the auth stage there is no reference to an particular ip as on local it connects you
Old 01/18/2013, 11:16   #4

no man. when a client connects you must send them the global IP again, not the 192.
When you bind the socket use 0.0.0.0 (it will use all available IPs), then set the ip in your configuration file to your global one...

When a client connects and you send him back the ip 192... it will try to connect in his own local network (in case he has one) otherwise it will say that the game server is not accessible.