Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ApexConquer - Low/Medium rate 5017 Server!

Discussion on ApexConquer - Low/Medium rate 5017 Server! within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old 04/03/2015, 01:31   #76

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Improved Guild Chat

To help our dedicated PVP enthusiasts we have enabled cross guild chat in addition to our normal bug fixes and tweaks.

To send messages to allies, begin your messages with . in guild chat. EG: ".Hello allies!"

-Added cross guild chat system.
-Auto equipping of our larger arrow packs is now enabled.
-New accounts may not send website links to other players.
-Reborn bow will no longer override stronger buffs (EG: overwriting stigma)
-Poison blade now deals 100% weapon damage on initial proc.
-Removed bugged bird island PK map from tournament rotation.
-Fixed Spartan garment. Equips properly once again.
-Players may dye their equipment white in the dye center.

Old 04/06/2015, 03:41   #77

Storehouse has been activated! You may store as many meteor and dragonballs as you would like in this NPC to avoid clogging up your warehouses with valuable items.

We are currently performing a series of updates to our host and as a result will be offline for the next 30 minutes or so. As part of these updates we are also going to be applying some of our new changes to the source itself which we've tested as thoroughly as we can internally.

These changes are intended to identify and correct the 'phantom lag' issues that certain users seem to experience. I cannot in any way guarantee it will fix the problems these users are experiencing as we cannot re-create them on any of our connections BUT due to the profiling we ran on the server earlier today I can say with certainty that the updates applied tonight will improve the overall efficiency and latency of the server itself

We will of course be keeping an eye on things and continuing to adjust as needed.

Thank you so much for your patience,
Pro4Never
Old 04/07/2015, 13:06   #78

elite*gold: 0
I have been playing on ApexCO for about 3 weeks now and love the hell out of it. I wanted to mention - though I will likely forget about this thread in general (ADHD) that while reading I noticed that it was forgotten to mention that infact there is a small amount of CP generation from monster exterminator quest lines. The attention to balance on Apex is what holds me - having a renowned GM to play under is what brought me. Apex is definately worth the play for any of you whom read this and have yet to join. (Co gamer since circa 2003-4?)
Old 04/07/2015, 22:43   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteMagus View Post
I have been playing on ApexCO for about 3 weeks now and love the hell out of it. I wanted to mention - though I will likely forget about this thread in general (ADHD) that while reading I noticed that it was forgotten to mention that infact there is a small amount of CP generation from monster exterminator quest lines. The attention to balance on Apex is what holds me - having a renowned GM to play under is what brought me. Apex is definately worth the play for any of you whom read this and have yet to join. (Co gamer since circa 2003-4?)

Thank you so much for your support and flattery. Glad to see you're enjoying the server.

Do you need more PVP in your day?

Check out the first few tests of our Elite PK Tournament coming to regular event rotations soon!
All players start with 1,000 points. Killing a player at or above 1,000 points will steal 20 percent of their points. Killing a player below 1,000 points will steal 10 percent of their points.
After 5 minutes, the 3 players with the most points wins! All participants are awarded exp based on their final points.

Please note: Because your reward is based on points and because you gain a percentage of your targets points, logging afk alts for exp will not gain you much of anything in this event. You'll notice in the video that while afk players make for easy targets, they might only give 50-100 points for killing whereas taking out one of the top contenders could give you 1000 or more points in a single kill!

As a final note I would remind you that these are the first tests of the event. We will be moving it to the TC pk map (bit more spread out and less chaotic) as well as making some adjustments to the final rewards and point gain/loss rate.

Old 04/09/2015, 19:31   #80

OK! Elite PK tournament has launched

It runs every 6 hours and gives experience rewards based on how many points you have at the end.

Grotto level 1 is also open now for those looking for that little bit of extra variety while leveling
Old 04/18/2015, 15:42   #81

You're considering a new eu server or a new host or neither ?
Old 04/18/2015, 17:19   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
You're considering a new eu server or a new host or neither ?
DISCLAIMER: Not finalized, may not happen but this is the current plan.

Apex will remain NA, we don't intend to move its host. That being said we have a lot of EU players who are either frustrated with their latency or else are not willing to play a NA based server. We want to avoid splitting our player base but also want to continue to expand the server.

Part of our new source in development is the ability to support seamless cross server maps and events. We are already partnered with TrueConquer and our interserver has no problem linking up clients playing on different client versions (as well as things like overwriting gear and levels to provide balanced content)

Our tentative plan is to launch a classic EU server which would offer interserver links to TrueConquer and the current Apex environment. This ensures that we don't needlessly split the player base (they can still play together so pvp becomes even better) and that we can help our EU friends who might not be willing to play on a NA based server.

AGAIN THIS IS TENTATIVE AND MAY NOT HAPPEN. IT'S JUST WHAT WE ARE INVESTIGATING AND TESTING INTERNALLY
Old 04/18/2015, 18:09   #83

AMAZING ! what a server you have got there and what makes me love it more that how you own it alone and also coding for other servers ! that server will be a hit.. try using other ways of marketing like FB and google ads !
Old 04/19/2015, 00:01   #84

I cant say I understood how this is going to work but when I heard about server wars in true one of the players told me that accounts data from both servers will be transferred to a third server with a kind of neutral eu host, but that doesn't resemble what you just said but I don't wana stress this to avoid flooding your thread since these are still just planes.
Old 04/19/2015, 02:01   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
I cant say I understood how this is going to work but when I heard about server wars in true one of the players told me that accounts data from both servers will be transferred to a third server with a kind of neutral eu host, but that doesn't resemble what you just said but I don't wana stress this to avoid flooding your thread since these are still just planes.

You will connect to your normal server as you normally would. When joining a cross server event or map (Pk arena for example could be flagged as a cross server region) then your server will treat your connection like a proxy and forward all functionality to the interserver.

The interserver is then responsible for all combat and event logic while connected and can freely override player equipment and stats with no chance of dupes or data loss (as it's never touching your original servers database). It also handles converting packet structures and information to be compatible with all connected client versions which allows players using different client versions to play together seamlessly.

There are of course some limitations.

#1: Jump files need to be standardized or it will look odd to others. We have some solutions in place for that. True Conquer and Apex both use old jumps though so currently not a pressing concern

#2: Equipment/skills/functions must be compatible between client versions. This means a cross server couldn't have a 5017 based client playing with someone using a monk/ninja/pirate/dragon warrior as it wont have the data to properly display the information. This is easy enough to override by forcing players to use certain gear (overriding it with default standardized equipment) or flagging events as only being active for specific servers in the server 'group'.

In the long term we plan to have an interserver group for both our NA and EU servers for the best experience but for now we're focusing on EU because we are already partnered with True Conquer so it's an easy 'test bed'. Our NA server will be joining that cross server group until more NA options are deployed or peered.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2015, 00:47   #86

OK the interserver is happening!

A lot of people were confused as to wtf I meant when I was talking about it so I made a video going over its basics. Will be doing a Q/A based on the questions I get asked most in the coming weeks.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2015, 21:06   #87

Interserver Updates and BugFixes

We've finished the first few rounds of testing and we're ready for action! Join the interserver by talking to the ArenaManager in TwinCity!

-Test fix for reflect causing bluename/pk pts.
-Voting will now reward tradable EXP as well as VIP time!
-Titan respawn duration lowered (was set way too high)
-Added NA and EU interserver options to ArenaAdmin
-Interserver has been linked to TrueConquer! More servers coming soon.
-Interserver will now display gear durability and will display multi target attacks -properly
-Interserver now has a NPC to exit and return to your original location
-Interserver will now clear your status effects and give you full stamina when joining
-Fastblade may now only hit a single target in a stack (testing, may remove)
Old 04/23/2015, 17:59   #88

Been looking at this server for some time now, but I've never been able to get past the auto patcher. The full patch file doesn't run in normal or administrator mode. But when I run play.exe, it attempts to patch for a few seconds and then comes up with an error message saying "Some files could not be created", and then another window comes up with the message "Cannot create version.dat" - that's been ran in both normal and administrator mode.

Have you had anything like this reported before?
Old 04/23/2015, 18:28   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010mrsurfer View Post
Been looking at this server for some time now, but I've never been able to get past the auto patcher. The full patch file doesn't run in normal or administrator mode. But when I run play.exe, it attempts to patch for a few seconds and then comes up with an error message saying "Some files could not be created", and then another window comes up with the message "Cannot create version.dat" - that's been ran in both normal and administrator mode.

Have you had anything like this reported before?
That's very odd... I know the version.dat issue was a single patch or two which has since been resolved (and is why we had the full patch link available)

That's the most current full patch. Place it in your ApexConquer directory and run it as admin. It should run just fine and get you up to date. Once it's run you can try running autopatch.exe as admin - it may give an error if it does re-run it and you should be able to log in.

With the upcoming projects we will definitely be re-packing a new client so if all else fails that will be up in the next couple days once we finish the final things with the interserver to ensure it's stable and our link to other servers is working as it should.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/23/2015, 22:47   #90

Received Thanks: 1,147
pro4never will open another thread (to be the thread starter and manage it).

#Closed
Closed Thread