Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 20:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] Editing/creating status effects

Discussion on [Question] Editing/creating status effects within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
[Question] Editing/creating status effects

Ok, so I've done a bit of searching and not come up with much. I've never really been into client editing. I did a few armor edits YEARS ago but nothing much since as I've never really liked most edits that I've seen.

That being said, I'm running a private server now and there are a few things I would like to be able to do. I know, or have heard that most of them are possible but there doesn't seem to be hardly any information posted on how to go about it. If someone here is experienced with modding and could give me a hand, I'd really appreciate it (although honestly, art and graphics aint really my thing, I'll probably forward the info on to our client editor(s))

First thing:

halo effects. Can you edit or create new ones? I was looking at some of the videos from acid co and they seem to have a halo saying "Acid Co PM" so it must be possible to do. How would I go about doing this? If it's not possible/publicly known how to create new ones, how would one go about editing existing ones?

Second Thing:

Custom maps. I've heard about it being done but again, any advice on how to go about it? I haven't looked too much into dynamic maps on the source side so this will be further down the road. I do plan to be adding a guild house system to go hand in hand with our guild vip project. Creating a custom map would be infinitely better then just copying the existing (tiny) houses.

If anyone could provide some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Ooh, shameless self-advertising. If anyone is experienced with moding and wants to join the team, we definitely can use more. I am NOT artistic and tend to stick just to coding. We have one member who has started doing some custom edits (so far just login screen which looks awesome so far) but one person really isn't enough. We will be needing website and client graphic artists over the next few weeks as we move into pre-beta

*cough*

Thanks,
Pro4Never
Old 04/12/2010, 19:24   #2

elite*gold: 0
Hmm still nothing on this i too would like to know how to create/edit halos so i can have "EmperionCO Staff halo"