Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 10:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why I get low fps on win10???

Discussion on Why I get low fps on win10??? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Angry Why I get low fps on win10???

I was using win8 and my fps was +100 and after installing win10 I was shocked by fps 10 max -_- , I will be grateful if someone helped me to resolve this problem on win10, Thanks in advance .
Old 03/05/2016, 19:25   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Enabling mouse pointer trails in windows settings will usually fix the issue.
Old 03/05/2016, 22:14   #3

elite*gold: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
That's only the case if the FPS drop when you move the mouse. Also, that issue doesn't exist on Windows 10.
Old 03/05/2016, 22:31   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
That's only the case if the FPS drop when you move the mouse. Also, that issue doesn't exist on Windows 10.
If his FPS is ******** himself in windows 10 the issue is likely something to do with how the cursor is drawn.

I've never seen any fps issues in windows 10 that is not resolved by either hooking the cursor or enabling mouse pointer trails lol.
Old 03/05/2016, 22:40   #5

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
It depends on the DirectX version installed on the operating system, and the video drivers installed. One workaround has been to change how the cursor is drawn, but in general, it can be solved by using an older computer with an older graphics card. It may be possible to emulate the game... but I don't think it's really worth the trouble. Conquer Online is an old game written on DirectX 8. Unless they change that, the problems are going to persist. You can see if the cursor thing fixes the issue, but it didn't for me. Best you can do is try and cross your fingers. That, or play another game or use another computer. You can also report the issue to your video card manufacturer.
Old 03/06/2016, 00:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
It depends on the DirectX version installed on the operating system, and the video drivers installed.
No. If the required DX version isnt installed it wouldnt start. Conquer is old enough that the oldest available windows 10 driver is as ready for conquer as the the next one.

Quote:
it can be solved by using an older computer with an older graphics card.
It has nothing to do with the age of the GPU only with the OS it runs on. How? The issue does not exist pre win 8.
Old 03/06/2016, 01:03   #7

Quote:
No. If the required DX version isnt installed it wouldnt start. Conquer is old enough that the oldest available windows 10 driver is as ready for conquer as the the next one.

It has nothing to do with the age of the GPU only with the OS it runs on. How? The issue does not exist pre win 8.
You really are an encyclopedia of dumbfuckery and misinformation, aren't you. Stop responding. We're here to educate the community, not dumb it down even further. Now I have to correct you.

It has been shown that if DirectX 9 isn't installed on your system, and you have a higher version such as DirectX 11, some graphical issues can occur with older games that depend on DirextX 9 or lower. Conquer Online 1.0 is an example that I previously forgot about - installing DirectX 9 actually fixes a lot for that. It's supposed to be backwards compatible, but only up to a certain point which also depends on the graphics processor architecture since it's actually the one implementing DirectX and OpenGL calls. You can actually look up these specifications with your driver and see which versions it supports (for example, here's mine: ; it supports OpenGL 4.3 and DirectX 12). The issue doesn't exist with pre-win8 likely because the drivers and preinstalled DirectX versions are different, or the user had additional dependencies installed on the previous OS. Now cut out this ****. I stopped tolerating it a year ago.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/06/2016, 04:37   #8

Quote:
You really are an encyclopedia of dumbfuckery and misinformation, aren't you. Stop responding. We're here to educate the community, not dumb it down even further. Now I have to correct you.

It has been shown that if DirectX 9 isn't installed on your system, and you have a higher version such as DirectX 11, some graphical issues can occur with older games that depend on DirextX 9 or lower. Conquer Online 1.0 is an example that I previously forgot about - installing DirectX 9 actually fixes a lot for that. It's supposed to be backwards compatible, but only up to a certain point which also depends on the graphics processor architecture since it's actually the one implementing DirectX and OpenGL calls. You can actually look up these specifications with your driver and see which versions it supports (for example, here's mine: ; it supports OpenGL 4.3 and DirectX 12). The issue doesn't exist with pre-win8 likely because the drivers and preinstalled DirectX versions are different, or the user had additional dependencies installed on the previous OS. Now cut out this ****. I stopped tolerating it a year ago.
Do you believe this yourself or are you just trying to be right again? You're not educating anyone with false claims.

I thought the reddit shitstorm would have shown you that you're full of **** :P
Old 03/06/2016, 04:42   #9

Quote:
Do you believe this yourself or are you just trying to be right again? You're not educating anyone with false claims.

I thought the reddit shitstorm would have shown you that you're full of **** :P
I didn't know I was debating against Donald Trump.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/07/2016, 22:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
What reddit shitstorm? Did I miss something? PM me the link please I bought popcorn this morning.
Well... he says "shitstorm", but that's just Yuki being a bit over dramatic. Someone posted my article on reddit and people in bed with C++ got upset. It's not exactly a huge surprise, the internet getting upset over an opinion that doesn't affect them in the slightest. I ended up talking with the person who posted it, and we concluded there were more appropriate approaches to discussing my article. I'm open to starting a conversation, but here might not be the best place. JP already messaged me privately and I fixed an incorrect point in my article. So it's not like it's without flaws, it just needs some refinement. At the end of the day though, it is just my opinion. It's not like it's going to stop people from using C++. It's all a bit silly.
Old 05/05/2021, 05:49   #11

why the **** would this fix the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

Old 05/06/2021, 23:38   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by codytowers View Post
Why the **** do you reply on 5 year old threads..
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/14/2021, 13:40   #13

the solution is to right click on conquer and remove run as administrator i was having this issue before and i solved it by this away.