Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 03:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Paypal DB fraud/scam..

Discussion on Paypal DB fraud/scam.. within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Paypal DB fraud/scam..

Hi, ive heard of people doing this as a way to get DBS, and i decided im going to try it.

Ive got about 200$ in my paypal, im going to order 10db codes (50dbs) then message paypal saying it wasnt me who did that transaction, paypal will refund the money to me, and tq will try and ban me/trace the dbs etc.

Now i think they might log the UID's of the dbs given so they can trace those dbs through accounts, i had this theory.. i credit the dbs to some level 50 noob whilst being at an internet cafe (different ip) then to get rid of the dbs, i exchange them all for CP's, then go back to the CP shop and buy all dbs again, then just incase they log trades, ill bring my main character somewhere private with my DB character, ill drop the dbs and pick them up on my main (i doubt they log drops)

Anyway does anyone know of any downsides/tactics they might be able to share, will my plan work or will it fail, thanks.

if my facts are right, saying that it was not you who was on your paypal and did the transaction, they have to refund you your money (as they always favor the buyers due to there security promises etc)

You can order 10db codes per month, but since i can keep creating new paypal accounts, and they accept unverified account payments (as i just made a noob unverified account today and managed to order 5 and got codes/credits already)

If this works out correctly, i should be getting 50dbs every 2 weeks or so, for free.
Old 09/19/2008, 08:13   #2

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
I sudest you trys this with 2 diffrent ips first, not ones you have logged on your main.
I think somthing like this was done with $2000 by a br that used to my server
He got his tro banned , wont miss him.
Old 09/19/2008, 13:21   #3

Even after you drop a db I would assume it keeps it's unique item ID and will still be traceable, your main might not get banned but you'll most likely lose the dbs anyway.
I suppose you could always try though if you want xD
Old 09/19/2008, 15:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post

You can order 10db codes per month, but since i can keep creating new paypal accounts, and they accept unverified account payments (as i just made a noob unverified account today and managed to order 5 and got codes/credits already)
Don't you need a new credit card each time you make a new account? I wanted more than 10 one month and wasn't able to make a new account as I only have the one credit card.

Any way around this?
Old 09/19/2008, 23:25   #5

To lose the DB's Unique ID's you sell them to the CP girl for CP, then go back to the shopping mall and buy all new DBS, which give new UID's. You then drop-trade them to your other characters which i think is untraceable especially if a friend with a different IP logs on your good account and picks them up as you drop them.

With paypal you can pay from unverified accounts, so you go make a new paypal, send some money to it from your old paypal, then you have a new fake paypal with money on it, ready to buy from TQ.
Old 09/19/2008, 23:33   #6

You should take your DB character off to apes or somwhere nobody else will find him and kill/rez him till he drops them all, and if TQ is like i'ma ban you be all like 'I didn't know anything about that i just killed him' just remember to have them logged into different IPs at that time. That way if you loose your noob with DBs, no harm no foul you still got your money, and if they ban you you've got a case for reactivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrclarkie View Post
Don't you need a new credit card each time you make a new account? I wanted more than 10 one month and wasn't able to make a new account as I only have the one credit card.

Any way around this?
You don't need a credit card to create a PayPal account, i've had one for over 2 years with no main payment methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post
To lose the DB's Unique ID's you sell them to the CP girl for CP, then go back to the shopping mall and buy all new DBS, which give new UID's. You then drop-trade them to your other characters which i think is untraceable especially if a friend with a different IP logs on your good account and picks them up as you drop them.

With paypal you can pay from unverified accounts, so you go make a new paypal, send some money to it from your old paypal, then you have a new fake paypal with money on it, ready to buy from TQ.
I'm unsure if that will work, because i don't think PayPal refunds un-verified accounts because they could be scam artists. Although, you could make up a fake person and verify it to a random phone number and a new email adress.
Old 09/20/2008, 00:28   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
Even after you drop a db I would assume it keeps it's unique item ID and will still be traceable, your main might not get banned but you'll most likely lose the dbs anyway.
I suppose you could always try though if you want xD
Unless they where "Packd" and "Unpackd" (* I believe you loose the DB unique code when its packed but a record is made the db was packed into DBScroll[xxxx] and thus traceable unless next step with transfering the credited DBs into CPs...*), and new ones are formed, Also transfering the CPs to another account to buy the Dbs from mall, then pack and transfer scrolls to another noob, cleaned DBs......
Old 09/21/2008, 00:37   #8

uhh... why not just do this scam and then put it up in the market and use some noob to buy it? technically its legal cuz ur vending it and buying it lol
Old 09/22/2008, 03:41   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiansniper View Post
uhh... why not just do this scam and then put it up in the market and use some noob to buy it? technically its legal cuz ur vending it and buying it lol
I like that idea. Gives you more arguments to TQ about why they should restore your account and bad the 'actual' scammer...
Old 09/22/2008, 03:48   #10

I don't think he wanted to let other people get banned for having frauded dbs on there account.
Old 09/22/2008, 03:51   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by `xEnt View Post
I don't think he wanted to let other people get banned for having frauded dbs on there account.
Be that the case or not, you've still got to figure out a good way to 'clean' the DBs before you can use them yourself eigther.
Closed Thread