Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Exploits, Hacks & Tools
You last visited: Today at 19:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lotto exploiting, or common sense?

Discussion on Lotto exploiting, or common sense? within the CO2 Exploits, Hacks & Tools forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 07/07/2008, 20:29   #16

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation

Thnx But U Never Help Cus I Dont Under Stand AnY Thing (Server Virgo) Character Name :JOe.GARACIA
Old 07/18/2008, 10:26   #17

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedsheko View Post
Thnx But U Never Help Cus I Dont Under Stand AnY Thing (Server Virgo) Character Name :JOe.GARACIA
seriously, wtf are you talking about?????
explain why your post is usefull ait?

For everybody that thanked me so far, great
Old 07/18/2008, 19:41   #18

well luck is luck
Old 07/18/2008, 21:00   #19

Can look on it in 2 different ways, for instance with a coin, heads or tails. Or with roulette, red or black. One common thing people say is if you get heads 10 times in a row, the chance of getting tails next is greatly increased and the same with red or black. Similar to when the OP says every bad item increases the chance to get a good item. But in general terms this isn't the case.

Every time you flip a coin it is a new chance, it's a new flip of the coin. Every flip has an equal chance to land on either side no matter how many times it may of got heads or tails in a row. Getting 100 heads in a row doesn't magically change the laws of physics making the coin more likely to land tails. Common misconception people have.
Old 07/19/2008, 08:37   #20

i never use lt for lotto ever and always get something worth putting my name accross the screen.
all ive ever won is..+8ring +8 shield +8shield +8shield 2 soc archer coat +8 war armor +8 tao cap 2 soc tao cap 2 soc tao robe 2 soc archer coat 2 soc ring 2 soc trojan armor +8 axe +8 dagger +8 pole axe +8 spear +8 long hammer 1 soc boots 1 soc tro armor and thats it.for like since lottos ben out ...like 20 dbs worth of gambling thats all ...and nope i never ever bought a db and never will.
Old 07/19/2008, 20:51   #21

hey guy ... what is with the movie on youtube ... that shows someone hacking the boxes? is that posible ? to enter there and make a hack that lets you try all the boxes?
Old 07/23/2008, 07:59   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatbenik View Post
Well, since everybody comments my statement that luckytime helps, i want to make one thing clear:
1. Lotto works by luck
2. Luckytime increases luck

can you connect the dots...? -.-

And for the 2cnd rb char, i meanth that u can use it so u can gain luckytime while waiting for somebody else to try lotto! I didn't mean being 2cnd rb gives you more chances...
Which dots are there to connect? Ever heard of statistics and chances?

The lottery isn't anything else then the chance to pick a random item out of a database. This means:

If your first pick is an xpball the chance getting an xpball the second time would be still the same, as the items won't be removed from the database.

Basicly the chance of winning item A at time 1 would be the same of winning item A at time 2. No matter how many people are doing the lottery, which boxes they pick or what prices they have won.
Old 07/23/2008, 08:02   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChařticOne View Post
Just so you know, other people getting bad items does NOT affect your chances to get good items.

It may be counterintuitive to some people, but logically, taking a chance once does NOT CHANGE the chance the next time you perform the action. This is true of all replacement-type probabilities.

Example: Say you flip a coin, and get tails. The next time you flip the coin, do you have a higher chance of getting heads? No, because the coin still has one side heads and one side tails.

Example of non-replacement, where doing something more than once DOES affect your chances:
Say you have two quarters and a nickel in your pocket. 2/3 outcomes are quarters, yeah? So that's a 33% chance of pulling out the nickel. So say you pull out a quarter, and spend it on a gum ball. You stick your hand in your pocket again - this time, 1 quarter and 1 nickel = 50% chance of pulling out the nickel, this time.

Conquer acts by replacement probability because it is creating things. It can create as many as it wants without ever having less than it did before.

Oh, and it would have been more work for the TQ programmers to make it non-replacement.

**Edit**
Luckytime does NOT affect lottery chances.
Luckytime only affects those things that the TQ programmers decided it should affect - it takes actual code to change your chances of achieving something, so if they didn't write the code, your chances are the same. They did not write the code to change your chances of getting a good item in the lotto. (They would have told us if they had. So that we would buy cps to play the lotto with.)
Ah I see someone else already explained!!! Good!!! Basicly people get confused by chances because it is likely that when you flip a coin 100 times you will end up for around 50 times tail and 50 times head. So they tend to think when you flip enough the chances will change... But chances dont change.
Old 07/23/2008, 08:05   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonXxXx View Post
Can look on it in 2 different ways, for instance with a coin, heads or tails. Or with roulette, red or black. One common thing people say is if you get heads 10 times in a row, the chance of getting tails next is greatly increased and the same with red or black. Similar to when the OP says every bad item increases the chance to get a good item. But in general terms this isn't the case.

Every time you flip a coin it is a new chance, it's a new flip of the coin. Every flip has an equal chance to land on either side no matter how many times it may of got heads or tails in a row. Getting 100 heads in a row doesn't magically change the laws of physics making the coin more likely to land tails. Common misconception people have.

Within statistics chances and probabilities are often messed up... When flipping a coin 100 times the most probable outcome will be to have it end with 50 tails and 50 heads, however there is a chance that it won't. But try that to explain to people...
Old 07/23/2008, 08:14   #25

if someone read this ur stupid. . . . .. . . . . hahahaha ur so stupid u read me hahahahah stupid stupid stupid. . . . . . . . . . . .^^,)
Old 07/23/2008, 08:46   #26

Quote:
Ok, before we start, let's make 2 things clear...

[...]

Finally, here's my point:
When you think logically (is that a word? hehe...), everytime somebody gets a bad item, the chance of getting a good item increases...

[...]
thats like saying the chance of getting heads at tossing a coin, is increased if you tossed tail before that

see: wikipedia: gambler's fallacy

edit: nvm all the above, just read through the thread xP

edit#2:
Quote:
Well, since everybody comments my statement that luckytime helps, i want to make one thing clear:
1. Lotto works by luck
2. Luckytime increases luck

can you connect the dots...? -.-
no i cant,
1. we're still talking about tq here.
2. socketing with luckytime makes the percentage of succeeding increased(really bad grammar right here)
however, lottery is just that you choose a box and randomly(supposedly, since computers cant be random) get one of the so many items you can get in lottery.

now on to the point of computers not being random: you just need to find the algorithm used.
that's more simple to say then done.
and since in some cases the algorithm is too hard to figure out, its good thing to say that it is random untill the algorithm is found

again, exuse me for any typo's/grammar mistakes and w.e , its 3 am
Old 07/24/2008, 03:31   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by twgoedhart View Post
Within statistics chances and probabilities are often messed up... When flipping a coin 100 times the most probable outcome will be to have it end with 50 tails and 50 heads, however there is a chance that it won't. But try that to explain to people...
The most probably outcome of flipping a coin 100 times is any outcome, all 100 flips of the coin have the same chance of landing either side. 100 heads or 100 tails one after the other have the same chance as 50 tails and 50 heads. Guess it depends if you look upon the flips as a group of 100 or 100 separate flips

The only problem with what i mentioned before and what a few have mentioned is that this is applying real world factors to a game. As i think one person here said a computer no matter how powerful can never give a true random outcome
Old 08/06/2008, 17:03   #28

okay guys, i see your points your all right, i thought i had a brilliant brainwave, but i didnt i guess =/ well, failure is human =O

#close please...