Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Zero
You last visited: Today at 06:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ Request ] Developers and 3D Modelers Needed

Discussion on [ Request ] Developers and 3D Modelers Needed within the Zero forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[ Request ] Developers and 3D Modelers Needed

Hello everybody,

Crusuaders Online is currently looking for developers and 3D modelers. We need developers who can add weapons to the client and server. We need a 3D modeler who can creat new skins for weapons and such. We need the developer to be able to some other kinds of development. Contact me on our .

Thanks,
Patrick (Crusuaders Online)
Old 02/23/2012, 00:24   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkyd101 View Post
Hello everybody,

Crusuaders (Crusaders) Online is currently looking for developers and 3D modelers. We need developers who can add weapons to the client and server. We need a 3D modeler who can create new skins (what he means is new mesh's) for weapons and such. We need the developer to be able to some other kinds of development. Contact me on our .

Thanks,
Patrick (Crusuaders Online) (Crusaders)
spell check XD
Old 02/23/2012, 01:42   #3

No Crusuaders Is our name.
Old 02/23/2012, 02:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofthedark View Post
spell check XD
Hmmmm Maybe they are a cappella singers in Melbourne, Australia??
Old 02/23/2012, 05:53   #5

Well first point and problem I have stated in other threads, is you can't just "add" weapons to the client, you have to write a few dat editors first and sync client to server db data.

As for models, the only things people here on epvp know is how to add is models from other TQ games and change the skin (which looks terrible and doesn't cover guns), since people can't just add their model to an ini list like in eo, they can't even test the proprietary c3 exports properly.

So ask for a developer here all you want, but for this game, that essentially leaves me, and I'm not doing it, there simply isn't anyone else here who knows how to do what you ask for except maybe edit some existing dds textures of some models. (There is one other who can export c3's but I just can't see bladeofthedark making weapon models for this game, plus he cannot edit dats nor does he know how to.)

There is a reason I said "you guys" need to learn how it works, "You" need to reverse engineer it, "You" need to make the tools to fix the game. This is because there "isn't" others with those tools or knowledge short of myself and I spent 2years to earn it by reverse engineering and writing my tools to do those very things.
Old 02/23/2012, 06:19   #6

Well it never hurts to post this. I mean this for those that can do it but dont want to come forth. I understand they may not be there, but can you blame me for trying? Well I just thought maybe we could find somebody who wouldn't mind helping us :P Thanks shadow for the insight.

Thanks,
Patrick (Crusuaders Online)
Old 02/23/2012, 07:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The-Shadow- View Post
Well first point and problem I have stated in other threads, is you can't just "add" weapons to the client, you have to write a few dat editors first and sync client to server db data.

As for models, the only things people here on epvp know is how to add is models from other TQ games and change the skin (which looks terrible and doesn't cover guns), since people can't just add their model to an ini list like in eo, they can't even test the proprietary c3 exports properly.

So ask for a developer here all you want, but for this game, that essentially leaves me, and I'm not doing it, there simply isn't anyone else here who knows how to do what you ask for except maybe edit some existing dds textures of some models. (There is one other who can export c3's but I just can't see bladeofthedark making weapon models for this game, plus he cannot edit dats nor does he know how to.)

There is a reason I said "you guys" need to learn how it works, "You" need to reverse engineer it, "You" need to make the tools to fix the game. This is because there "isn't" others with those tools or knowledge short of myself and I spent 2years to earn it by reverse engineering and writing my tools to do those very things.
i gave up on making weapons for this game the day omni went offline *tear*
Old 02/23/2012, 12:55   #8

Ya omniwar was the best server
Old 02/23/2012, 20:57   #9

elite*gold: 540
Quote:

hahah wahat a load of horsepoop you are not the only coder in this world lol ... and you dont have the programs to edit them yourself either your own words said that
Old 02/23/2012, 21:03   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
hahah wahat a load of horsepoop you are not the only coder in this world lol ... and you dont have the programs to edit them yourself either your own words said that
Are you trying to make an enemy of me?

I wasn't implying that "I" don't have those tools, given I've written them, but others don't have them, as others have NOT written them.

If you want to start **** then don't ask powerchaos to ask me for MY editing tools. Your attitude is why I told him no, you simply don't deserve them. If you had those tools or knew how to make them, you wouldn't have asked him for them. You shouldn't pick fights with the one real dev in the zo scene when you yourself do not know how zo works, can't code, can't speak/write English worth a ****, and to top it off, are incapable of understanding half of what I say.

Go back to your corner before you make yourself look more the fool than you already have.
Old 02/23/2012, 21:12   #11

hmmm think i walked right into a dev battle royal lmao well i admit trying too fix isues with zo is crazy lol and making your own tools for this game is mostly crazy too think ill do some restrategy and talk too my partner maybe come up with a better solution or diffent game altogether so we shall see in the near future lol
Old 02/23/2012, 21:17   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfvane101 View Post
hmmm think i walked right into a dev battle royal lmao well i admit trying too fix isues with zo is crazy lol and making your own tools for this game is mostly crazy too think ill do some restrategy and talk too my partner maybe come up with a better solution or diffent game altogether so we shall see in the near future lol
I wouldn't call it a dev battle, considering idle isn't a dev, he's a guy who bought an existing server and hopes to have other people fix it for him, which is why he has no place to comment here in regards to anything developer related, I think he just wanted attention.

Also, yes, making the tools, all the work involved to fix it, is what I keep warning people about, but countless people so far don't listen and think zo won't be so bad until they quit 3months later because of the effort requirement (that or they just wanted some donations and bail after getting them).
Old 02/23/2012, 21:33   #13

idle you seriously like to make an *** of yourself. making an enemy out of shadow is disaster for yourself and your server simple as that. just because you have jaydog on your team is meaningless he isn't even to the level that i am at, and is way to far from shadows level in anything on zo. ( no insult to you jay your cool and all but even you know. your a good kid.) we have been nice to a point don't start **** you WILL regret. chaos knows for a fact whats what. on your behalf because you begged him asked shadow for the tools which you will never get.

I will give you an example of what you will NEVER have, this list is only a quarter of what you cant do, the unique lvl 200+ unique gear and weapons, un-bottable system, anti hack system, zp bank, completely new units equivalent to fusion, higher overhaul to 255, completely new maps and monsters, completely unique dye system with hundreds of different colors, level 200+ weapons, new class, why because you don't have the ability to make them shadow does and you annoyed him and me.

can you even create any of the tools?? the top coders of eo section are not even close to shadows ability and i am friends with them and respect what they have done because they actually made there **** not like someone who needs to buy them example you.
your right he isn't the only coder in the world but mind you he is the best in his field.

i hate when noob wanna be dev's open there fat mouths to talk **** just because they have some files and think they are the **** pff.
Old 02/23/2012, 23:16   #14

elite*gold: 540
Quote:
Are you trying to make an enemy of me?

I wasn't implying that "I" don't have those tools, given I've written them, but others don't have them, as others have NOT written them.

If you want to start shit then don't ask powerchaos to ask me for MY editing tools. Your attitude is why I told him no, you simply don't deserve them. If you had those tools or knew how to make them, you wouldn't have asked him for them. You shouldn't pick fights with the one real dev in the zo scene when you yourself do not know how zo works, can't code, can't speak/write English worth a damn, and to top it off, are incapable of understanding half of what I say.

Go back to your corner before you make yourself look more the fool than you already have.
No guy I dont want to make an enemy of you (or anyone else) but surely you cant think youre the only one out there that knows how to do things lol
as far as not knowing how to code hah you may be surprised at the things I am capable of.. but it doesnt bother me one bit if you think I dont know something because thats your problem not mine
I didnt ask powerchaos for anything from u I asked if he knew anyone that might have them to save myself time hex editing and he asked you(against my better judgement) in any event that doesnt have anything to do with this I am merely pointing out that you are NOT the only coder in the world capable of doing something so DONT try and imply you are its not nice

@misTenshi jaydawg hasnt been working with me for quite sometime since he went back to school lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfvane101 View Post
this is against my best interests but in an effort to change the bad example set here on this forum and to prove a point to these other guys...

you do not need to make a tool to edit any dat file for tq just use a hex editor(i like hex editor neo) and add or change the values as you want them to be and add them in the database with the same values... you can generally get the idea of what things mean by looking at the other items of similar types in the dat file(dont forget there are many sort and filter options to make it easier to edit)
Old 02/24/2012, 07:15   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
No guy I dont want to make an enemy of you (or anyone else) but surely you cant think youre the only one out there that knows how to do things lol
as far as not knowing how to code hah you may be surprised at the things I am capable of.. but it doesnt bother me one bit if you think I dont know something because thats your problem not mine
I didnt ask powerchaos for anything from u I asked if he knew anyone that might have them to save myself time hex editing and he asked you(against my better judgement) in any event that doesnt have anything to do with this I am merely pointing out that you are NOT the only coder in the world capable of doing something so DONT try and imply you are its not nice

@misTenshi jaydawg hasnt been working with me for quite sometime since he went back to school lol

this is against my best interests but in an effort to change the bad example set here on this forum and to prove a point to these other guys...

you do not need to make a tool to edit any dat file for tq just use a hex editor(i like hex editor neo) and add or change the values as you want them to be and add them in the database with the same values... you can generally get the idea of what things mean by looking at the other items of similar types in the dat file(dont forget there are many sort and filter options to make it easier to edit)
Ok idle, why don't you tell wolf here the itemtype structure so he can add new items then. Such as the explanation of full byte structure, the 30+ fields, the order of fields, the byte lengths of each field, the index structure and how that all works so he can painfully manually add new item entries.

Oh I forgot (not really), you don't know any of that and just called something that is a huge pain in the ass without a tool "simple" because you figured out how to use a hex editor to change the name of an item in an existing itemtype.dat file.

By doing so you belittle anyone here that does want to learn (even if they do not have the time to do it properly) by insisting it is something so far from complicated and painful when it is in fact very time consuming and tedious to do so especially when you do not know the files physical structure.

I seriously cannot stand how you act idle, I do not know why you have to jump into other peoples threads and hijack to make attempts at showing you know all when you in fact DON'T, it misleads people. I do not understand why you need to take every single information post I make here and try to say you know better while attempting to pick fights, all still while misleading people and giving them the wrong information. Your server is limited, it will stay limited, and no matter how much smack talk you give, you will never make it good because you aren't trying to learn jack, you are trying to find existing tools, and you are to busy picking fights with people who do know their shit and are to busy trying to look like you do know anything to go bother learning something.

If you are going to have the gall to insist you know something then back it up with reality, or learn the detail of it first then talk about it. As for now, you don't.

No one needs to hear from the guy who bought someones existing set of servers and has the "need" to look special. Especially if he never played the game he insists he knows before he bought said servers.

So unless you are going to post some actual detailed tutorials on file structures, leave wolfs thread alone and stop hijacking. No one needs to hear it, and no one cares if you want to up your post count.

from a pm: "
sorry dude I wasnt trying to pick a fight but can you cool off the no one can edit this stuff really ....I mean people can.,, even "I" can to a degree and yes you are right I may not know as much as you of course Im new to this game in particular...

there is no need for all of this bickering and stuff I and no one else is stealing from you and no one is harming you in any way what are you protecting by saying these things?"

If that is really how you feel, then why do you sit there and say otherwise in every single post I make. You are in fact starting those arguments out of the blue when I am talking to someone else in a thread, and a pm is not going to make me take it easy, you acting the part of not picking a fight on the forums will. You cannot expect me to not react to forum posts that are snarky or insulting and aimed at me, and you cannot expect a pm to diffuse my reaction when you have yet to refrain from being calm yourself in your own posts.

At no point am I accusing people of theft, what I am doing is telling people what they need to do, yet you still step in and say it is a different story, this does not help anyone and misinformation does not help them either.