Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server > WoW PServer Exploits, Hacks & Tools
You last visited: Today at 13:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Very simple coordinate translator [Local to Global](3.3.5a)

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile Very simple coordinate translator [Local to Global](3.3.5a)

Hey everybody, I've been lurking the site for years now, never had anything to offer. This batch file is super simple, but makes my life so much easier, and is easy to edit incase you wanted to update it for whatever version. I'm sure other coordinate translators exist, but I hadn't seen any so I figured I'd post mine.

Basically this takes a desired coordinate (for an NPC), like one you'd get on a wowhead link, and it translates that coordinate based on zone to give you the global coordinate you can use a teleport hack to get to. It's really just a collection of zone coordinates that I got from the worldmap dbc file and a basic equation put together for simple, repeated use. The worldmap file I used was from a 3.3.5a game, so all the coords will only be accurate if you play on an unaltered version of the 3.3.5a map. I only tested with with Hitchhiker's Hack, but it should work with anything.

tl;dr - Takes XX,YY coordinates and translates to global XXXX, YYYY coordinates for teleports

(make sure you use the location name with no spaces, and coordinates must be rounded up or down to whole numbers)

I recommend getting your NPC coordinates from this site

Alternatively, you can use a coordinate addon or Questhelper or something to go directly to quest objectives.

*Doesn't have coordinates for Dalaran stuff, unsure on how the system handles that city specifically.
** Because of the basic limitations of batch files, this uses whole number coordinates, so while it does get you extremely close to where you want to go, you may have to walk a few feet.
*** I know this is super simple, and a lot of the instruction was very self-explanatory, but I also have seen users on the site who have trouble understanding, so I just left everything for whoever needs it.

Tags
assistant, coordinates, simple, teleport, tool