Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Tutorial] Change the login screen logo / Logo ändern

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Tutorial] Change the login screen logo / Logo ändern

Today ima be showing you how to change the login screen logo. The one on the top left. I only tried this on 3.5.5a, not sure if it works for any higher patch. So let's start!

Files
Files that you'll be needing for this tutorial:

Note: You will also need editing program such as Photoshop, paint.net .etc.
World of Warcraft 3.5.5a is also required, you can try with other version but not sure if it works.

Tutorial

Open your Wow folder and go inside the data folder.
(First download the required file, it's called patch-s.mpq, u can see it up there)

Copy that file and paste it in your data folder. Once you did that you will notice that your login screen is TBC, now let's change the logo.

Note: Your logo has to be 256x128 otherwise it wont work. It's a MUST.

Once you have your logo you can download the BLP Converter.

Copy your logo and paste it in the BLP Converter folder, drag the logo to the blp converter. Once you've dragged the logo to the blp converter you will notice that it has made another file called: "Your logo's name".blp.

Now we have our blp file. Open up the MPQ editor, select File > Open and open the patch-s.mpq file. It will ask you some stuff but keep clicking next next next. Once you've done that you can go ahead and find the folder: Interface > Glues > COMMON.

Once you found the common folder you will see "Glues-WoW-WotLKLogo.blp"
NOTE: Your logo has to be named "Glues-WoW-WotLKLogo.blp", the one we converted otherwise it wont work.

Ok now if you are inside the interface > glues > common folder you can right click on the Glues-WoW-WotLKLogo.blp file or just right click somewhere and you will see a button called: "Add file(s)" go ahead and click that.

All you just need to do is add your logo, the one we converted the blp one. Once you've done that you have it, Congratulations. You don't need to save or something it saves automaticully.

Close the MPQ editor and open your game your logo will be changed. Here's mine, its the one i've made for wowreach:

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Hope you liked it! If you need help do not hesitate to comment I will help you!

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Danke für die Mühe!