Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 23:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Zygor Classic | Retail & Other Addons.

Discussion on Zygor Classic | Retail & Other Addons. within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old 11/17/2022, 21:26   #6421

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911sky View Post
You say the error
Choosing not to say what the error is
So no idea if it is common or not. As I have no idea what the error is.
I'm going to comment for egfl and say this is probably the error they are speaking off:

Code:
...AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Code-Retail/GoldUI/Scan.lua:198: attempt to index field 'MainFrame' (a nil value)
Count: 96

Call Stack:
[string "=[C]"]: ?
[string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Code-Retail/GoldUI/Scan.lua"]:198: in function <...AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Code-Retail/GoldUI/Scan.lua:189>
This is a different error than the one that was being posted about yesterday I believe, and I don't see any mentions of it in the zygor forums yet.
Old 11/17/2022, 21:27   #6422

elite*gold: 210
Received Thanks: 13,510
If people checked the changelog and not just hit and run.

They would read this

Fixes for startup errors, the AH button disappearing, and other crashes. NOTE: Full Scan feature is currently being under heavy reconstruction and may fail to work. Please rely on Server Trends downloaded by the Client for now.
Old 11/17/2022, 21:29   #6423

I realized Zygor will have to update very quickly. They left shadowlands content as 48-60 levelling but phase 2 made shadowlands part of the Chromie Time
Old 11/17/2022, 21:31   #6424

Well if people paid for the addon and supported them. Maybe they would update faster.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/17/2022, 21:46   #6425

Well paid people are the ones who are entitled for the service Maybe some whiners will whine there for the update for a change
Old 11/17/2022, 21:51   #6426

Yea I know and over the years the blame me for it.
Or mostly blame me for their own actions.
If people are patient, things happen. But people demand it now, like it is an addiction to a drug.
So bad, they claim the addon saves their life.
Old 11/17/2022, 21:57   #6427

Quote:
You know what is rude, is assuming and not even reading.

Someone asked do I have RXP retail. I have classic and wrath only.

Now you reply to the zygor post. Acting like it is a RXP response. So it is rude you did not read and assumed.

You know what also is rude. People are like need update, update saves my life, need update now, omg when will you post the update.

As people want something free and acts like it should take priority over my life.

You want the update now, then buy it.

If not, wait until I get time. As my job is more priority over the addon. My job pays me and people that want the addon for free so not.

So maybe next time read before you assume.

I have posted the retail for 9 years.
And we appreciate it, I hate seeing these posts at every launch cause I fear I won't be able to get ahold of the addon cause I fear you will stop posting it, keep up the good work.
Old 11/17/2022, 21:58   #6428

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantheus View Post
And we appreciate it, I hate seeing these posts at every launch cause I fear I won't be able to get ahold of the addon cause I fear you will stop posting it, keep up the good work.
Well the person before me quit because of it.
The team before me quit because of it.

But then all were posting files with traced information in them too.
Old 11/17/2022, 22:04   #6429

Quote:
Yea I know and over the years the blame me for it.
Or mostly blame me for their own actions.
If people are patient, things happen. But people demand it now, like it is an addiction to a drug.
So bad, they claim the addon saves their life.
Funny thing is Zygor is just convenient. You can actually get most of the functions with other addons. Some people are like addicted to zygor and get withrawal symptoms if they don't get the updates immediately.

For me, as long as I don't get a LUA error I don't even realize that a new version is out. And if I get a LUA error I just disable the addon and wait for you to share it patiently.

Sorry for the misunderstanding again. And I really appreciate what you are doing.
Old 11/17/2022, 22:06   #6430

Well if they want the updates immediately. All they have to do is pay for a sub and download it, the instant it comes out
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/17/2022, 22:14   #6431

The zygor team (zygor itself, not 911sky, ty as always 911sky) for sure needs to make some updates... getting errors all over the place, unable to use skills, unable to unmount, all sorts of weird stuff. Reloading gives a temporary relief until it starts erroring up again.
Old 11/17/2022, 22:16   #6432

I've been having the same lua problems as everyone else, and i've been here at least twice a day since the last wow update to see if zygor's been fixed, so i've seen the kind of hate you've been up to

as someone that really (REALLY) apreciate your work bc paying for the game is already kinda too much for me (brazilian artist currently unemployed here hahahahha)

soooooo i just wanna share some kindness. thank u for your work, buddy. thank you for not givin up on the project but, ultimately, if you ever get tired, i guess it's just fair, cause people really don't apreciate what u do here.

guess that's what i had to say. thank u and take care hahaha i know how the internet can get overwhelming when we provide a service for free...

Quote:
Well if they want the updates immediately. All they have to do is pay for a sub and download it, the instant it comes out
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/17/2022, 22:56   #6433

Quote:
If people checked the changelog and not just hit and run.

They would read this

Fixes for startup errors, the AH button disappearing, and other crashes. NOTE: Full Scan feature is currently being under heavy reconstruction and may fail to work. Please rely on Server Trends downloaded by the Client for now.
Technically it is a startup error as it appears on startup (so they technically didn't fix all startup errors) xD but yea people need to look at changelogs and they need to know you're not the dev and 99% of errors are on zygors side and that zygor team has to fix them.

but anyways a current simple fix is just to:
Open files-Retail.xml
find

<Include file="GoldUI\Gold.xml" />
<Include file="Code-Retail\GoldUI\Gold.xml" />

its about line 118
change to

<!--
<Include file="GoldUI\Gold.xml" />
<Include file="Code-Retail\GoldUI\Gold.xml" />
-->

for the time being.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/18/2022, 00:50   #6434

@ @ I'm getting a 404 error with the Zyg0r updater. I'm using a fresh install of version 2.5.0.0

Old 11/18/2022, 00:55   #6435

Quote:
Originally Posted by modtang View Post
@ @ I'm getting a 404 error with the Zyg0r updater. I'm using a fresh install of version 2.5.0.0

Try again, it should work again.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
classic, dugi, dynasty., retail, zygor