Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Basic Warlock AV PVP

Old   #1

elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,590
Goal:

Get the most CP is the shortest amount of time.

Simple goal really, the problem is everyone wants to be a ?stat hound?. Everyone cares about their ?kills?, ?deaths?, and ?killing blows?. None of these can compare to winning a map which gives you about 10,000 cp plus your actual kills. (This counts most enemy officers dead, and their structures destroyed as well as you?re remaining intact) So what can I do as a Warlock to help win the maps in the lowest possible time? PUSH the enemy back and keep pushing, which means AOE using Rain of Fire and a ton of Hellfire suicide runs.

Let?s look at some decent places to launch Rain of Fire from:

Behind trees looking at an angle to have LOS:

Over a small indent in the hillside:

From the edge of a building:

On top of hills making it difficult for peeps to melee you:

Or anytime the enemy all bunches together just asking for it:

Of course if things get desperate or your team needs an emergency DPS output you can do a hellfire Suicide run:

The only time that you should be doing something else besides AOE, is if you can summon an Infernal, in this case sit back and put him on agro all, (aggressive) and select targets if possible, when he drops to 50% health put him on ?passive? and heal him when he is in range with Health Funnel, or Bandage. If you use Funnel then Bandage yourself after putting him back on Aggressive. Of course you may also elect to help out with the various quests available to help your team with some elites to the front.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
my technique differs slightly from yours:

Rain of Fire until Mana is low then use the last bit to walk a few steps forward, howl and fear everyone around you, then turn around to escape and get heals/bandage yourself.
In Alterac I also always have a Voidwalker as pet, solely for giving me a shield when things get nasty in the neighborhood ^^

About the Infernal: When summoning an Infernal shout (/y) for buffs on it ... it will stay alive remarkably longer.