Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 15:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Yogg'Saron Phase 3 - Ranged DPS never has to turn back

Discussion on Yogg'Saron Phase 3 - Ranged DPS never has to turn back within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Yogg'Saron Phase 3 - Ranged DPS never has to turn back

Okay, this mainly uses common sense but I've never seen this posted and I think most guilds don't use this but it can really help with DPS if you're going for hard-mode achievements. The way the beam works for those who are not familiar is: In phase3 of the Yogg'Saron encounter, a purple beam comes out from the boss which reduces your sanity by 4% per second while you are facing Yogg'Saron. Normally ranged DPS just turns around effectively stopping damage for ~5 second at a time...however there is a way around that.

Assuming the raid positions itself behind Yogg'Saron (everyone will be in the northern quadrant). Now keep in mind with normal game mechanics, you don't have to be 'facing' your target completely in order to cast/attack them. So position yourself around the north-eastern side (north-western works also) and face your character so your back is to Yogg'Saron. Have your tanks tank the guardians a little farther away from Yogg'Saron and you're all set...whenever he uses the purple beam you shouldn't be hit even once and you won't have to stop DPS on the guardians. Along with not stopping DPS, this will also completely negate the need to go to the sanity wells at all in P3 (-Freya anyone)?

Note: Keep in mind that if you have a spell that turns your character to face the mob you're attacking, you can hold down your right mouse button facing away from Yogg'Saron and it won't turn you.

Here is a picture showing where I stood when we did 1 light in the darkness.

Enjoy, if used correctly - this will almost certainly help your guild with Yogg'Saron and it will never be fixed since it's 'working as intended'.

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Ranged buff
03/08/2010 - WoW Private Server - 10 Replies
Hi und zwar suche ich nen buff bei dem der player net weiter als ne bestimmte distanz vom buffer entfernt sein darf .. dieser buff muss den player möglichst stark heilen bzw. unverwundbar machen ..
[Request] A new ranged dll
12/22/2009 - Mabinogi - 4 Replies
It's been confirmed that our current dll has been patched in the foreign servers, which can only mean that we are next! If anybody wants to work with me to find a new way to keep this working, or if somebody already knows that wants to nudge me in the right direction, please let me know. EDIT: Im talking about the current one being that it skips the aiming animation and shoots instantly
Need Help Ranged Mobs
10/25/2008 - Dekaron - 13 Replies
I need help with ranged mobs for example one i've been working on 1502,Penril Hunter,0,27,31,4994,0,154,221,15,70,1,6,0,0,0,0,0, 0,14,40,0,0,0,1.8,3.2,1,1,fenrilhunter,ÀÛ¼ºÁß,0,0, 0 ,366,64,101,35000,7,1,2,104,70,50,50,2,18,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,205,2 94,13,31,0,3900,3000001, All my mob does is stand still does not follow if i attack it , it will not attack me. Help please! I'll give...
Easy ranged lvl ups
06/10/2006 - WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros - 6 Replies
I noticed this while trying to kill a level 14 when I was like, level 10. If you go to darkshore, and get on an island, or land, and attack those monsters that only go in water, and atract it towards land, you can attack it, but it won't die. It will say 'Immune' over and over again, but you still get a level up every so often. You can use this for a bow/gun/crossbow/cast/wand. It's good for low levels. Hope you like it. (by sinister) have fun ;)
ranged lvlBot
10/19/2004 - FFXI Exploits, Hacks, Bots, Tools & Macros - 3 Replies
Requirements: AC-Tool ///////////////////////////////////////////////// ///////////// ///////////////////////////////////////////////// ///////////// //// Macro: LonigFFXImage.mac v1.00R (RELEASE) //// //// Creator: Lonig ([email protected]) //// //// Real: Justin Claspill //// //// Uses: Final Fantasy XI //// //// What it does: This macro is for leveling a mage or //// //// ranged attack character. ////