Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Garble your chat messages!

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Garble your chat messages!

I remember seeing a post about how to make chat "look funny" on here a while ago, but it wasn't described well and was hard or impossible to reproduce.

I just found that any undisplayed ASCII character now turns into a "?" and gets displayed over top of the character following it (I think this is a new "feature" of the 2.2 patch). Here's what that looks like in chat:

Garbled Text Macro:

Naturally I wrote a macro to do it for me; here's the result. It takes any chat message and sends a garbled version wherever you want.
Code:

/run local t,p,m="WHISPER","Saiket","Can you read a word of this?"SendChatMessage(gsub(m,"[\33-\128]",function(c)return"\31"..c;end),t,nil,p)

* "WHISPER" - The type of chat message, like "SAY" or "YELL". Possible values are listed at WoWWiki.
* "Saiket" - If you're using the "WHISPER" chat type above, this specifies your whisper target. This example would send the tell to the character Saiket. You can leave this alone if not whispering.
* "Can you..." - The message you want to send.

Note: All of the above fields must be surrounded in quotes like the example.

This may not be very useful, but I thought it was worth sharing.

by Saiket @ Mmo*ned

Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/03/2007, 14:22   #2

elite*gold: 1438
geht nicht

Old 10/03/2007, 14:26   #3

Geht.
Old 10/03/2007, 15:01   #4

funktioniert nich

Old 10/03/2007, 15:19   #5

Es funktioniert, da müsst ihr etwas falsch gemacht haben. Bei mir gehts einwandfrei..

EDIT: Habs nun mal ohne Code geschrieben, vllt ging das mitm Kopieren net.

mfG
Snake2k
Old 10/03/2007, 15:28   #6

Geht Einwandfrei eben Selbst getestet!
Old 10/03/2007, 17:02   #7

ahh
Old 10/03/2007, 22:24   #8

bei mir gehts auch aber gibts da noch was einfacheres als jedes mal den namen im makro zu ändern? so mit %t oder so dacht ichs mir aber das funzt iwie nich
. oder was muss ich machen um den text im gildenchat stehen zu haben oder in der gruppe
Old 10/04/2007, 00:01   #9

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 4,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpipe View Post
bei mir gehts auch aber gibts da noch was einfacheres als jedes mal den namen im makro zu ändern? so mit %t oder so dacht ichs mir aber das funzt iwie nich
. oder was muss ich machen um den text im gildenchat stehen zu haben oder in der gruppe

/run local t,p,m="GUILD","Can you read a word of

/run local t,p,m="GROUP","Can you read a word of

« Brewfest mugs everywhere! | [Exploit]Buy Limited supply unlimited!!!! »