Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
You last visited: Today at 23:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Abusing lag to warp around at will

Old   #1

elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,591
YOU NEED CERTAIN KIND OF MODEM FOR IT.

I done this many time especialy the most use out of it I get is making myself stay mounted while inside buildings.

Since blizzard stores all your game postion data on your comp, forcing yourself to lag wont cause you to warp back when your connection catches up to the server.

Here is what you do. (well what I do and what I usually use it)
Lets say your in warsong and you want to run up the tunnel but you hate getting dismounted in the middle of it, before you enter the tunnel press stand by on your modem this causes there server to stop receiving singals form you, and you press the standby button again when your almost at the tunnel. You will or might see alot of people speed run by you that means your catching up.

I never been caught or ever reported for this, people think you just lagged. I used this so much when running away from rogues lag out make them see you running straight but really you are running behind them.

I wonder if software can do the same thing, for example ZoneAlarm has a button to block/unblock all network traffic.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by Lowfyr@Apr 21 2006, 13:03
YOU NEED CERTAIN KIND OF MODEM FOR IT.

I done this many time especialy the most use out of it I get is making myself stay mounted while inside buildings.

Since blizzard stores all your game postion data on your comp, forcing yourself to lag wont cause you to warp back when your connection catches up to the server.

Here is what you do. (well what I do and what I usually use it)
Lets say your in warsong and you want to run up the tunnel but you hate getting dismounted in the middle of it, before you enter the tunnel press stand by on your modem this causes there server to stop receiving singals form you, and you press the standby button again when your almost at the tunnel. You will or might see alot of people speed run by you that means your catching up.

I never been caught or ever reported for this, people think you just lagged. I used this so much when running away from rogues lag out make them see you running straight but really you are running behind them.

I wonder if software can do the same thing, for example ZoneAlarm has a button to block/unblock all network traffic.
Ohh Nice Trick Lowfyr

I will test this with my Firewall

Old   #3

But wouldnt the same effect be if i unpluged my lan cabel walked/speed walk somewhere then plug it back in?
Old   #4

Most likely

Old   #5

This happens to me ALOT when i am going into BRM when you are supposed to get dismounted. Being lagged by downloads and all i can run heaps far in without getting dismounted.

So i suppose if you force yourself to lag more, or even totally disconnect your internet connection for a short while would work.
Old   #6

elite*gold: 270
german plz