Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shaman Totem Cap

Discussion on Shaman Totem Cap within the WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Many of you might know of this already and please correct me if I get how it is done wrong as i'm not familiar with the exact specifics but I do know it exists/works

Using a sentry totem the shaman can drop the totem as they are running (somewhere hidden preferably like inside a building/bush) as they are close to the flag. The server then considers them to be standing still (just like the shaman float exploit)

However the catch is they don't appear to be standing to other players, to other players the shaman appears to be still running and there is no way for a player other then a hunter to stop the shaman from capping the flag.

Only way to stop the shaman from capping is to kill the totem to resync their position so you can hit them/see them at the flag, or if a hunter sends his pet after the shaman the pet will run to the flag and attack "thin air" at which point the shaman will re-appear and be interrupted

and to think the horde complain about shadowmeld..heh
Old 10/25/2005, 22:49   #2

elite*gold: 0
I couldn't figure this out lol

do you drop the totem next to the flag and then run away? because if thats how it works, you get owned by alliance before you can even get away
Old 10/26/2005, 08:14   #3

Nope, u drop it before u run into the flagroom cause the server thinks u're standing still when u drop it. In fact u keep running towards the flag and can capture it while noone can attack you cause the server got your position wrong and give em "too far away"-error.
Old 10/28/2005, 01:30   #4

hoffe mal ich hab es richtig verstanden

probiere es morgen mal aus, mal schauen ob es klappt
Old 11/15/2005, 05:11   #5

Sorry, call me a noob...but what exactly does this accomplish?
Old 11/16/2005, 02:11   #6

well, if the server thinks you are outside, and people rush in to kill you, they cant attack you, as you are "too far away" (where you dropped the totem is where the server thinks you are), so you can either cap the flag, or i would farm HKs! (if no hunters =P)