Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Incredibly Fast Leveling

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Incredibly Fast Leveling

This is a pretty simple and overpowered way to powerlevel your alts. You need access to 2 accounts (one of which needs to be a 70 warlock or shadow priest) for this or just have a friend on his account help you. For those who don't believe this works, I have gotten over 80k xp per hour since level 20 using this technique. My alt is currently level 52 and getting about 110k xp per hour doing it. That's double the rate you would get leveling normally.

This strategy has been posted piecemeal before but in threads so old it can't be bumped, and it will never be uncovered from all the junk threads in front of it now.

Basics

What you need to do:

Get an alt to level 8 like you normally would. This is pretty easy.

Now, invite your lvl 70 friend to a party and go into RFC with him.

Put the alt a little bit away from the instance door. I'll explain why later. Have the lock/priest body pull 2-4 mobs. When you get close to the instance portal, dot each mob. At this low level, just use a really weak rank of some dot that can kill the mobs in 5-6 ticks.

A handy trick for this is to set the first mob you are going to DoT as your focus and then keep an eye on your focus frame as you continue to DoT the mobs.

During this time, the lowbie character doesnt have to do anything.

When your focus mob is at about 20% health, run the lvl 70 out of the instance portal. The mobs should die shortly thereafter. Your lowbie will be get XP beyond your wildest dreams. You should level every 5-7 minutes doing this. Just run the lvl 70 back in the instance when the mobs are dead and rinse and repeat. The reason you make the lowbie stand a little bit away is so the dots kill the mobs before they get to the lowbie.

Again, only pull 2-4 mobs at a time. If you try to pull more than that, you will A) not leave the instance in time before a mob dies and gain less xp or B) leave the instance too early and the lowbie dies from the mobs. Both will lower your xp/hour.

A few tips for keeping the lowbie alive:

-If you are a priest, cast shield on the lowbie before you run out of the instance. It helps alot. Renew and Prayer of mending if it really looks like he'll take an a**-whoooping. Also, you can Psychic Scream the mobs right before you run out of the instance.
-If you are a lock, soulstone the lowbie and give him a healthstone. Also, you can howl of terror right before you run out.

You typically want do this for the first 5-8 pulls of an instance. It just depends on how easy you can pull a reasonable group of mobs and how long it takes to get to them. Once you get to a point where its a pain to get to more mobs, run both characters out and reset the instance. Then go back inside and pwn some more.

Locations

Here's a list of the best instances for this and the corresponding levels at which you should do them:

RFC: 8-14
Wailing Cavern: 14-20
SM Library: 20-34
SM Cathedral: 34-40
ZF: 40-50
LBRS: 50-57
Hellfire Rampart: 57-61

If you make sure each "run" lasts about 12 minutes, you can do this non-stop without ever hitting the instance limit timer.

That's about it. Feel free to ask any questions. Enjoy.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
I think it's cold today :/

Old   #3

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitsuk View Post
This is a pretty simple and overpowered way to powerlevel your alts. You need access to 2 accounts (one of which needs to be a 70 warlock or shadow priest) for this or just have a friend on his account help you. For those who don't believe this works, I have gotten over 80k xp per hour since level 20 using this technique. My alt is currently level 52 and getting about 110k xp per hour doing it. That's double the rate you would get leveling normally.

This strategy has been posted piecemeal before but in threads so old it can't be bumped, and it will never be uncovered from all the junk threads in front of it now.

Basics

What you need to do:

Get an alt to level 8 like you normally would. This is pretty easy.

Now, invite your lvl 70 friend to a party and go into RFC with him.

Put the alt a little bit away from the instance door. I'll explain why later. Have the lock/priest body pull 2-4 mobs. When you get close to the instance portal, dot each mob. At this low level, just use a really weak rank of some dot that can kill the mobs in 5-6 ticks.

A handy trick for this is to set the first mob you are going to DoT as your focus and then keep an eye on your focus frame as you continue to DoT the mobs.

During this time, the lowbie character doesnt have to do anything.

When your focus mob is at about 20% health, run the lvl 70 out of the instance portal. The mobs should die shortly thereafter. Your lowbie will be get XP beyond your wildest dreams. You should level every 5-7 minutes doing this. Just run the lvl 70 back in the instance when the mobs are dead and rinse and repeat. The reason you make the lowbie stand a little bit away is so the dots kill the mobs before they get to the lowbie.

Again, only pull 2-4 mobs at a time. If you try to pull more than that, you will A) not leave the instance in time before a mob dies and gain less xp or B) leave the instance too early and the lowbie dies from the mobs. Both will lower your xp/hour.

A few tips for keeping the lowbie alive:

-If you are a priest, cast shield on the lowbie before you run out of the instance. It helps alot. Renew and Prayer of mending if it really looks like he'll take an a**-whoooping. Also, you can Psychic Scream the mobs right before you run out of the instance.
-If you are a lock, soulstone the lowbie and give him a healthstone. Also, you can howl of terror right before you run out.

You typically want do this for the first 5-8 pulls of an instance. It just depends on how easy you can pull a reasonable group of mobs and how long it takes to get to them. Once you get to a point where its a pain to get to more mobs, run both characters out and reset the instance. Then go back inside and pwn some more.

Locations

Here's a list of the best instances for this and the corresponding levels at which you should do them:

RFC: 8-14
Wailing Cavern: 14-20
SM Library: 20-34
SM Cathedral: 34-40
ZF: 40-50
LBRS: 50-57
Hellfire Rampart: 57-61

If you make sure each "run" lasts about 12 minutes, you can do this non-stop without ever hitting the instance limit timer.

That's about it. Feel free to ask any questions. Enjoy.
cOLD!!!
Closed Thread