Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Bots
You last visited: Today at 08:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Selecting the bot for you

Discussion on Selecting the bot for you within the WoW Bots forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Selecting the bot for you

Hey guys I don't come here often, only whenever I've written a guide for some of the other communities I'm at, I come post it here as well so you guys don't miss out. Please note that I only speak english so if you want some sort of reply then don't try speaking to me in German xD

When choosing a bot there are many things to consider and they should be inspected carefully in order to avoid wasting money (obviously).

Now many people may be thinking "There's nothing to choosing a bot, just ask what the best bot on the market is and go buy it." While for many this may work to some extent, for many it won't. People may have a lower end PC that can't handle certain features of "the best bot" the primary one that comes to mind is navigation for e.g. Often having a slow computer will lead to laggy movement.

So where to begin? Well below this so far useless, block of text, is a list of key aspects that everybody should consider when selecting the bot for them.

Compatability is my first topic as obviously, it's useless even looking at a bot that cannot run on your computer, so might as well define a list of bots that will run on our computer.

I. Operating System

First things first, will we be able to run the bot on our computer. Whilst this might seem stupidly obvious, people often forget to take into account some bots may not run on an x64 OS (Although these bots are generally poorly coded, either that or they use some sort of root kit/driver(?).)

Now if you are running a mac then the main bot used by mac users is pocketgnome which is a free and can be obtained at:

It should be stated that pocketgnome can also be run on select PC's with the appropriate hardware and software, there are various guides scattered around the forums.
However the other obvious solution for mac users is to run bootcamp or parallels and use a normal windows bot. A table will soon be added showing what operating system each bot is compatible with.

The main point/tldr; that should be taken away from this sub-category is double check that if you are running an x64 operating system that your bot is able to run on x64 OS's.

II. Hardware
For this subcategory I am going to say that you should mainly take a read of the pathing section and the sessions section.

Here's a section I really shouldn't be giving advice on, so I'll try and just cover the basics. Obviously not getting your account banned is a bit of a key priority, seeing as they aren't cheap to replace so protection is an important thing.

I. Warden

Many of you will know Warden is Blizzard's (in)famous anti-cheat system put in place to bust bots. I'm not going to go into how it works cos I don't know the specifics but I will state some common misconceptions/facts.
Warden:
- Can be updated at any time, it does not require a patch! You will have no idea it's updated.
- It does not at this point in time scan for windows titles or perv through other processes running on your computer.
- Deleting Scan.DLL will not disable Warden =.=

A common software system used to combat Warden is tripwire. Tripwire was first seen implemented into Glider (AFAIK) and it's main purpose is to detect for any changes in Warden and if a change is detected turn off the bot so users cannot use the bot until the owners know it's safe to use again. FYI, tripwire was just the name given to it by Merc/Hamut (Guys behind Glider), but every other bot has decided to call their system tripwire as well, so ye....xD
Whilst this is a very good tool it doesn't ensure your account to be 100% safe, why?:
- If warden is already capable of detecting a bot without an update, scans can just be pushed through without warden requiring an update, therefore the tripwire system will detect no change and the bot will keep running and being detected by Warden.
- Blizzard can also detect bots through the use of adding code to the client (Requiring a patch) and tripwire is completely useless in this instance (Ref. to Gremlin).

tldr; Check your bot has a tripwire system or some other system to stop your bot getting owned by Warden.

II. Detection via the client
Blizzard can add code to the WoW client itself, requiring a patch that users have to download. Blizzard often do this to bypass (or help bypass) tripwire systems. Often disabling certain functions of a bot/hack that hide the bot/hack from warden and therefore allowing warden to now find it. At least, that's apparently that's what happened in the latest (LUANinja and WoWGremlin) banwave.
Not much you can do to avoid this except hope that the maker of your bot is/has a good reverse engineer (RE) to check each patch for code added to the client that may aid in the detection of your bot. It should be noted that most, if not all, public bots coders at this point in time are far too incapable/lazy to RE each patch

When a bot says they are fully passive it means that the bot does not hook or write to the WoW client making it very hard to be detected/competely impossible to be detected via Warden.

III. Blogs

I am constantly reading Kynox's and Cypher's blogs as they have very interesting posts on Warden activity, bots that have crap detection and how bots are being detected. I suggest you bookmark them!

Pathing determines the way in which the bot navigates around the land of Azeroth. Pathing is a key element of a bot and can make or break a bot. There are many different ways in which a bot can navigate throughout Azeroth but I will go through the main three atm. For an excellent explanation on Waypoint and the mesh system I suggest reading the bottom of KuRI's Honorbuddy review:
I. Waypoints
Waypoints act by the user walking along marking out a place that the bot can walk/follow. The bot will then proceed to follow these waypoints around (generally in a circle) killing mobs along the way.
Advantage:
- Generally much lower than other pathing systems on the memory useage, good for low end PC's
Disadvantage:
- Going around in a constant circle for many hours can look very suss, especially when you are following the exact same path the whole way.

Bots currently using this system:
All bar Honorbuddy (Thanks KuRI)

II. Navmesh:
I'm not too knowledgeable about navmesh but I'll give it a shot. It was most famously used in Open-bot (no longer publicly available) but is now similarly used in HonorBuddy. It works by being given a co-ordinate(hotspot) to go to and using previous paths to get to the hotspot. It will calculate the quickest path generally. However the paths more often than not have to have already been mapped out by the user, but nav files from other people can be loaded.
Advantages:
- Generally not too bad on memory useage (Good for low end PC's)
- Won't choose the exact same path every time
- Walking long journeys is easily possible
Bots currently using this system:
Honorbuddy

III. PPather:
PPather was first a custom class made for Glider. It was able to be given any point (coordinate) and calculate it's own way there, theoretically avoiding objects in it's way, with no mapping required from the user. However it wasn't written so efficiently and it had quite a few bugs. Since it's appearance in Glider a Lite PPather library has been released that can be ported to other bots like WoW-Robot has apparently done and it is apparently being ported to Omega bot.
Advantages:
- No Mapping required
- Can sort of avoid objects
Disadvantages:
- High memory useage (Mind you if it was re-written it could probably be made much more memory efficient.

Custom Classes are generally user developed classes that tell the bot what spells to cast etc. a good CC can determine the XP/Hour and survival etc.

Pricing is always going to be an important factor when looking at a bot. The main feature that should be looked at is how much per month and how many sessions you can run at a time.

I. Sessions
The amount of bots you can run at a time. Example if a bot was capable of three sessions it would mean that you can run three WoW's and three bots at the same time.
---------------------------------

Any other suggestions/requests post them here or drop me a PM.
-Odd/Apollo
Thanks
23 Users
Old 03/30/2010, 17:33   #2

Well written!
Really n1 for newbies.

/vote for sticky
Old 03/31/2010, 22:49   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzaran View Post
Well written!
Really n1 for newbies.

/vote for sticky
Couldn't agree more. At first I was stuck choosing between HB/GB or PiroX, this guide have really enlighten me and got me more into GB/HB (:

Thank you very much for putting time and work into doing this guide.
Old 04/01/2010, 20:12   #4

Received Thanks: 2,961
Impressive work, thank you for that!
Old 04/01/2010, 20:15   #5

Very nice guide, I don't even play wow but you see there is some work into this! Very nice work thank you for sharing with e*pvpers!
Old 04/02/2010, 19:31   #6

I really appreciated this guide!! I had no idea what bots were out there, or how safe they were in terms of evading Warden. You really helped me make an informed decision, thanks again!
Old 04/03/2010, 09:27   #7

Np guys, glad it's helped a lot of you.

On another note this is the second sticky I've had on this forum and it's the only one of the 3 I don't really visit xD anyways thanks hehe
Old 04/21/2010, 17:28   #8

Received Thanks: 2,342
Pls change by E-bot, the "Previously been detected" to YES.
The Gremlin aka EBot "Dev" delete are all posts of Ban etc.
Old 04/27/2010, 14:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vb.net View Post
Pls change by E-bot, the "Previously been detected" to YES.
The Gremlin aka EBot "Dev" delete are all posts of Ban etc.
Just because you are banned does not mean the bot is detected. Glider had 10s of bans every day but was not detected, simply because they had a huge userbase people got reported and banned. When I hear there is a ban wave I will post that it has been detected and add to table
Old 04/27/2010, 14:30   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddzor View Post
Just because you are banned does not mean the bot is detected. Glider had 10s of bans every day but was not detected, simply because they had a huge userbase people got reported and banned. When I hear there is a ban wave I will post that it has been detected and add to table
I don't use this Bot.
I readed a Thread in the Forum and about more 30Peoples are banned.
And not all Peoples write in the Forum.
The Thread was deleted after 1Day. So he haden't a Ban Thread / Ban Thread's
So that the Peoples by the Bot.
Old 04/27/2010, 18:41   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vb.net View Post
I don't use this Bot.
I readed a Thread in the Forum and about more 30Peoples are banned.
And not all Peoples write in the Forum.
The Thread was deleted after 1Day. So he haden't a Ban Thread / Ban Thread's
So that the Peoples by the Bot.
again, when was this? WoW gremlin did get detected at one point, but WoW Gremlin is a completely seperate bot to e-bot, just the same reseller, no code is the same
Old 04/27/2010, 20:52   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddzor View Post
again, when was this? WoW gremlin did get detected at one point, but WoW Gremlin is a completely seperate bot to e-bot, just the same reseller, no code is the same
1-2Weeks
Old 04/28/2010, 15:36   #13

so what bot would you guys prefer for leveling/farming ?
I still cant sort all the advantages/disadvantages of HB/GB and OMEGABOT WoWROBOT and E-BOT
Old 04/29/2010, 15:25   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by titte View Post
so what bot would you guys prefer for leveling/farming ?
I still cant sort all the advantages/disadvantages of HB/GB and OMEGABOT WoWROBOT and E-BOT
I've been using HB the last few days and it's amazing, I really suggest trying the trial out (lets you level 1-20 free)
Old 04/30/2010, 10:51   #15

ye will do that ty.
btw. can anyone tell me what mesh/xml file of the HB forums is really good for alliance / horde 1-20?
I only tried out 1 and it was ****
Closed Thread