Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > Web Development
You last visited: Today at 10:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

HTML coding help for people!

Discussion on HTML coding help for people! within the Web Development forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
The Black Market: 100/0/0
HTML coding help for people!

CLOSED
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 20:34   #2

elite*gold: 9
You want to create complex games in html? Canvas doesn't even support 3d afaik.

I also recommend
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/12/2013, 20:37   #3

Ill add Web Fundamentals to the list
Old 03/15/2013, 23:24   #4

Hope this helps a lot of people thanks. I enjoyed this and please say if you want more threads like videos and more! Thanks again!
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2013, 23:57   #5

elite*gold: 0
Good infio....Thanks
Old 06/05/2013, 00:25   #6

Your welcome pm me if anyone wants more info about stuff like this ill be more than happy to help
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/05/2013, 10:39   #7

elite*gold: 1329
Number one: dafuq is wrong with you? My eyes are like turning inside out just by looking at your post and sig...
I don't even want to see one of your homepages....

Number two: did you seriously tell people to use w3schools and hope that people would thank you? They could google that and be faster! And wouldn't have problems with their eyes.
Also w3schools is **** to learn basics from. See w3fools!

Number three: why not use Notepad++? Or NetBeans? Or one of the other much better free HTML editors?

You also just could have used the search function and you would have found the following Thread which imho should be a sticky:

BTW.: wrong section -.-
Old 06/05/2013, 19:00   #8

elite*gold: 900
Received Thanks: 11,388
Arrow General Coding -> Web Development

moved
Old 06/05/2013, 20:39   #9

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by マルコ View Post
Number three: why not use Notepad++? Or NetBeans? Or one of the other much better free HTML editors?
Hey,
recommending Netbeans for HTML "beginners" is just like recommending kindergarten kids to play with a checkers board instead of the play-doh.
Netbeans will overwhelm even mediocre HTML "scripters". The whole stuff you don't need (talking about the project system, versioning, templates [angularjs, modernizr], responsive web design, JS-specific features (unit tests) and so on and so forth) will come in from time to time but even I as a fairly seasoned web developer don't enjoy using Netbeans, as I'm not into learning it.
Netbeans surely will give you a productivity boost once you're 100% in it, but apart from that using Netbeans (except for maybe..Java, haven't tried it for anything apart from Web Development [HTML, CSS, PHP]) will..
1) not lead to successful development
2) not lead to funny web development either
I'm not really sure if you've actually used Netbeans
Notepad++ is a "good" recomendation. In general, text editors are a good recommendation (even though I prefer to use Sublime Text II but I won't start the debate on the best text editors [vim!!1111!!] here now). But for a damn BEGINNER, the OP is right: Dreamweaver is perfect, when used correctly. The split view is good to figure what elements do what and to get a neat sort of "overview" about how your page might look. Code changes are reflected really fast and the first steps won't be disappointing when you actually can see that you're creating something.
I, personally am currently using this "tool box":
Sublime Text 2 with emmet.io for general file editing (html,css,js,php) and rapid development (Emmet) of layouts and stuff like that and Navicat for database development.
Once you're good at it, you can quit using Dreamweaver as you'll be annoyed by it SO fast.
greets,
Cooltek
P.S.: can't believe I'm writing this only to procrastinate..
Old 06/05/2013, 21:15   #10

elite*gold: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltek View Post
Hey,
recommending Netbeans for HTML "beginners" is just like recommending kindergarten kids to play with a checkers board instead of the play-doh.
Netbeans will overwhelm even mediocre HTML "scripters". The whole stuff you don't need (talking about the project system, versioning, templates [angularjs, modernizr], responsive web design, JS-specific features (unit tests) and so on and so forth) will come in from time to time but even I as a fairly seasoned web developer don't enjoy using Netbeans, as I'm not into learning it.
Netbeans surely will give you a productivity boost once you're 100% in it, but apart from that using Netbeans (except for maybe..Java, haven't tried it for anything apart from Web Development [HTML, CSS, PHP]) will..
1) not lead to successful development
2) not lead to funny web development either
I'm not really sure if you've actually used Netbeans
wat?
I was just talking about using NetBeans. Not employing every damn feature it can offer. NetBeans is nothing more than an editor with code highlighting. Also it has some interesting features. Yes, I use many of them. But still. It's an editor appropriate for beginners, too.
Please don't talk bullshit. I get the feeling that you just took a look at the features and have never even touched this program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltek View Post
But for a damn BEGINNER, the OP is right: Dreamweaver is perfect, when used correctly. The split view is good to figure what elements do what and to get a neat sort of "overview" about how your page might look. Code changes are reflected really fast and the first steps won't be disappointing when you actually can see that you're creating something.
Are you serious? What if I told you, that there is a tool called BROWSER?
And DW is absolutely the opposite of perfect. I have already tried this life view just to see that Chrome, FF and IE all displayed the page completely differently and often broke the layout completely - although it was all right in DW! I do not make a homepage for DW. I make a homepage for those browsers.
Also DW costs MonEY. Just because someone wants to learn a language does not mean they want to spend a fortune on it.
And I also think that DW is especially bad for beginners, because they tend to use the WYSIWYG editor.
To put it in a nutshell, recommending it is really dangerous and can lead to painfull frustration later on.

As for Sublime: yes, it's indeed a great tool. I also said "all the other better editors". Sublime just does not come to my mind at once cause I do not use it. It misses some features which I need. Or at least when I last tried it, it was missing them. So I only work with NetBeans for PHP (and sometimes C++ and Java).

Tags
coders den, coding, dreamweaver, html codes, info