Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Vindictus
You last visited: Today at 09:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mabinogi: Heroes English Patch [KR, JP, and CN]

Discussion on Mabinogi: Heroes English Patch [KR, JP, and CN] within the Vindictus forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 01/31/2016, 02:15   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berakottur View Post
Odd

Do firewalls or any sort of program blocking APP obstruct the translation patch to be applied? At least porting over the other translation files to TW seem to work just fine though
Nope. The firewall doesn't even touch the patch since the patch is using the engine of the game to work. That being said I think I would like you to manage the TW patch if you don't mind. I can post the link in the main post with credit going directly to you.

Patch has been updated everyone. Check it out
Important: BE SURE TO READ THE BUGS SECTION EVERYONE!!!!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/31/2016, 07:45   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonblade901 View Post
Nope. The firewall doesn't even touch the patch since the patch is using the engine of the game to work. That being said I think I would like you to manage the TW patch if you don't mind. I can post the link in the main post with credit going directly to you.

Patch has been updated everyone. Check it out
Important: BE SURE TO READ THE BUGS SECTION EVERYONE!!!!

Here's the TW patch! I'm not sure if it works properly with the future versions of Mabinogi heroes but it applies just fine and works well with the current patch of the game which is pre-delia, kai and vella revamp.

Side note: It's using the CN patch that you recently provided and updated for us and It's been renamed to the respective files and folders to work with taiwan's client. The only few downsides to using these patches as an alternative replacement for a true TW patch is that the hotkeys for F1,F2,F3,F4 don't work (nothing happens when you hit the hotkey buttons) and some of the untranslated stuff (e.g strawberry brandy, some server event information) are in weird codes or in korean but those are mostly the not-so-important stuff and the rest of the game is fine.

Update:
I've tried changing the translations for the hotkeys (F1,F2,F3,F4) to english in the patch file and it doesn't seem to work, nothing comes out when the buttons are pressed. Perhaps it only works with the updated UI version?

Thanks again so much for your work!! I've been dreaming of playing a local version of MBH and this comes as close to that as I could imagine
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/31/2016, 09:43   #48

Quote:

Here's the TW patch! I'm not sure if it works properly with the future versions of Mabinogi heroes but it applies just fine and works well with the current patch of the game which is pre-delia, kai and vella revamp.

Side note: It's using the CN patch that you recently provided and updated for us and renamed the respective files and folders to work with taiwan's client. The only few downsides to using these patches as an alternative replacement for a true TW patch is that the hotkeys for F1,F2,F3,F4 don't work (nothing happens when you hit the hotkey buttons) and some of the untranslated stuff (e.g strawberry brandy, event information) are in weird codes or in korean but those are mostly the not-so-important stuff and the rest of the game is fine.

Update:
I've tried changing the translations for the hotkeys (F1,F2,F3,F4) to english in the patch file and it doesn't seem to work, nothing comes out when the buttons are pressed. Perhaps it only works with the updated UI version?

Thanks again so much for your work!! I've been dreaming of playing a local version of MBH and this comes as close to that as I could imagine
I may have an idea regarding the Function hotkey issue. We can try drawing out the original TW Text file from the hfs and search for the hotkey code string. If it exists then it's something else in the game. If it doesn't exist then THAT is the issue which means TW may use a completely different text string for the Function Hotkeys for F1-F4.

so for example we need to see if "HEROES_QUICKKEY_EXAMPLE_nice" exists in the original TW key. So copy the string from the translated patch and then search for that string in the original file and see if it pops up. If not then we have some searching to do for the correct string.
Old 01/31/2016, 11:00   #49

Quote:
I may have an idea regarding the Function hotkey issue. We can try drawing out the original TW Text file from the hfs and search for the hotkey code string. If it exists then it's something else in the game. If it doesn't exist then THAT is the issue which means TW may use a completely different text string for the Function Hotkeys for F1-F4.

so for example we need to see if "HEROES_QUICKKEY_EXAMPLE_nice" exists in the original TW key. So copy the string from the translated patch and then search for that string in the original file and see if it pops up. If not then we have some searching to do for the correct string.
Makes sense! However there isn't a resource folder within the directories so I have keep a look out on that translation file for TW side. I'll see if I can figure it out during the week before the patch arrives in TW! :-D Either that, or I'll test the patch itself on the day of the update and see what I can do within my knowledge haha
Old 01/31/2016, 17:28   #50

Quote:
Makes sense! However there isn't a resource folder within the directories so I have keep a look out on that translation file for TW side. I'll see if I can figure it out during the week before the patch arrives in TW! :-D Either that, or I'll test the patch itself on the day of the update and see what I can do within my knowledge haha
Yeah the original file will be in an hfs encryption so you will need VZipFlip6 to convert it to zip. Easiest way to do that since each region renames the files is to copy the whole hfs folder and batch convert it to zip. From there you can batch unzip then simply search for the TW file :3
Old 02/02/2016, 04:01   #51

Quote:
Yeah the original file will be in an hfs encryption so you will need VZipFlip6 to convert it to zip. Easiest way to do that since each region renames the files is to copy the whole hfs folder and batch convert it to zip. From there you can batch unzip then simply search for the TW file :3
Funny, I randomly just tried to use those hotkeys again today and it worked perfectly fine. I changed the keys on the text file you provided to English and it comes out just as I set it to.

WELP, now that that works, I don't have to worry about them hahaha but if possible, I'd like to help you fine finish some of untranslated bits for artifacts like the bear claw (not sure if it's not translated or not but the 7 day event one that was gifted to me wasn't) so I'll try to give you a hand with the small stuff :-D
Old 02/02/2016, 18:56   #52

Quote:
Funny, I randomly just tried to use those hotkeys again today and it worked perfectly fine. I changed the keys on the text file you provided to English and it comes out just as I set it to.

WELP, now that that works, I don't have to worry about them hahaha but if possible, I'd like to help you fine finish some of untranslated bits for artifacts like the bear claw (not sure if it's not translated or not but the 7 day event one that was gifted to me wasn't) so I'll try to give you a hand with the small stuff :-D
Ah of course. When I get out of work I will extract the TW original text and get to work on that. Anything event based may more than likely be different so if it's one thing I need to figure out is how to get the region events translated efficiently.
Old 02/05/2016, 12:07   #53

Alright, I've finally the time to test out the game with the recent patch update. Everything works as it should but there are a few important information that remain untranslated, such as the revamps for Kai and Vella's skills and some of Delia's including her on-hit attained buffs. There is also a mini shop in Rocheste that is in code format, so it's quite hard to navigate.

The patch is good enough however, and the important bits I can sort of get a gist of what it is but If anyone could provide English translations for them, I'd be willing to give it a shot in adding them in. :-)
Old 02/05/2016, 18:37   #54

Quote:
Alright, I've finally the time to test out the game with the recent patch update. Everything works as it should but there are a few important information that remain untranslated, such as the revamps for Kai and Vella's skills and some of Delia's including her on-hit attained buffs. There is also a mini shop in Rocheste that is in code format, so it's quite hard to navigate.

The patch is good enough however, and the important bits I can sort of get a gist of what it is but If anyone could provide English translations for them, I'd be willing to give it a shot in adding them in. :-)
Ah gotcha. The Delia and Kay stuff I can fix easy. The mini shop if you can type the code line I can see if KR has it in their text. If so then I can take care of that. If not I'll have to pull it from the CN text which is fine since I plan to install CN to fix the storyline quotes. I was watching a streamer use my patch on twitch and the quotes was the one thing that made me cringe xD
Old 02/06/2016, 10:49   #55

Quote:
Ah gotcha. The Delia and Kay stuff I can fix easy. The mini shop if you can type the code line I can see if KR has it in their text. If so then I can take care of that. If not I'll have to pull it from the CN text which is fine since I plan to install CN to fix the storyline quotes. I was watching a streamer use my patch on twitch and the quotes was the one thing that made me cringe xD
Ay, thanks a bunch! No big issue though, it's just a shop near the rocheste docks (I think) and I could just keep pressing til I figure out what is what hahaha

EDIT:
It's the Royal Army Recruit shop at every docksite, my bad! xD
Old 02/06/2016, 21:08   #56

I just stumbled on this post - I've actually be using my own tool that automatically adds new entries to the US file it finds in the CN one, and does a machine translation. Not real accurate though.

I'm using your patch, but none of the skill details are working - maybe it's a setting here but they all want the "..._EX" keys which are missing, so no detailed descriptions or quick stats, ie 15% more damage. I tweaked my app to just add _EX copies of the skills and level everything else

If it helps, it's at
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/07/2016, 06:42   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydnee View Post
I just stumbled on this post - I've actually be using my own tool that automatically adds new entries to the US file it finds in the CN one, and does a machine translation. Not real accurate though.

I'm using your patch, but none of the skill details are working - maybe it's a setting here but they all want the "..._EX" keys which are missing, so no detailed descriptions or quick stats, ie 15% more damage. I tweaked my app to just add _EX copies of the skills and level everything else

If it helps, it's at
Heya, I've just started using your version but it seems to have the same result after using your patch for Delia's descriptions for her skills and buffs. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, I shall update you again with further testing.
Old 02/08/2016, 07:50   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydnee View Post

If it helps, it's at
Wow I completely forgot about the XE Client using XE skill strings. Since I get off of work early tomorrow I will see about resolving that issue.

Quote:
Heya, I've just started using your version but it seems to have the same result after using your patch for Delia's descriptions for her skills and buffs. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, I shall update you again with further testing.
That's rather odd. I think if I get TW back on here and start look into the actual working patches I can help iron out some things as well. This could help with CN as well if I install that too.
Old 02/15/2016, 21:05   #59

On Mabinogi Heroes Taiwan:

A963A521B05486E6E77D3C3DB7CCD95E38B3DD47.hfs
contains
Heroes_Text_Taiwan.txt

2A6194743100C2F065D7CB133F9352EA68E31FF9.hfs
contains
Heroes_Text_Thailand.txt

If you want I can post the original files here

EDIT:
I'm gonna take myself a go at merging your Korean Translation + Europe's British English translation with Taiwan files. I noticed the Vella new skills and a few items are missing their descriptions and names completely on this file from Berakottur. I might get some luck and fix it or perhaps fail trying

Also for china translation maybe basing on european version might help, since both are XE, just a guess tho.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2016, 18:20   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyPT View Post
On Mabinogi Heroes Taiwan:

A963A521B05486E6E77D3C3DB7CCD95E38B3DD47.hfs
contains
Heroes_Text_Taiwan.txt

2A6194743100C2F065D7CB133F9352EA68E31FF9.hfs
contains
Heroes_Text_Thailand.txt

If you want I can post the original files here

EDIT:
I'm gonna take myself a go at merging your Korean Translation + Europe's British English translation with Taiwan files. I noticed the Vella new skills and a few items are missing their descriptions and names completely on this file from Berakottur. I might get some luck and fix it or perhaps fail trying

Also for china translation maybe basing on european version might help, since both are XE, just a guess tho.
Oh, that would be great! I think your files are much more reliable and stable than the one I provided.