Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Splendor Duel

Discussion on Splendor Duel within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 130
Post Splendor Duel

I love Splendor. Its elegant mechanics. Its classy illustrations. Its poker chips that make a very satisfying tic-tic-tic when you stack them. So it was with a lot of curiosity that I discovered this new version. Curiosity, and also a lot of questions, since the original already works very well with two players.

So we tested it with my wife, and we liked it. This central board, which limits the choices of the accessible gems. The powers on certain cards, which unblock the situation when you are stuck. The different paths to victory, which are reminiscent of the modules offered by the original expansion. And the design too, rounder, less austere, softer.

Since I have a relatively limited space, I won't have fun describing the mechanics in detail. Just know that if you liked Splendor, there is no reason why you shouldn't like its little brother. The question is whether it is absolutely necessary to have both. And as a good Norman that I am not at all, I want to answer: it depends. You are completely hooked on Splendor, you have sanded it and its entire extension? Go for it. You are a couple of players and you don't have the original or other players at hand? Go for it. You have the first opus but it's not released any more than others? Put the brakes on, and test it in the game library before you give in. Finally, a word about the edition. The Space Cowboys have opted for a small and impeccably calibrated box with a perfect thermoforming, where nothing moves. It's elegant and efficient. Like their game in fact.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SPLENDOR-DUEL-3D-left.jpg (405.6 KB, 1 views)