Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 07:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Vampires Survivor

Discussion on Vampires Survivor within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 130
Post Vampires Survivor

The professor is emaciated, his features hollowed out. His spindly legs, flapping in stained pants, struggle to carry him to the podium. The amphitheater rustles with whispers: "They say he lives on the hill." With a sharp gesture of one of his gaunt hands, he stops the hubbub. "I am Pierre Caillou, your crackology teacher. Today I'm going to explain to you why Vampires Survivor is the perfect drug."

"Why are so many people addicted to cigarettes? Because smoking is fun? Of course not! It's because it's disgusting. Because the first cigarette stinks, because it makes you cough, you tell yourself that you will never be addicted to such a thing. One month later, you buy your first pack. Vampires Survivor is the same. Ugly as hell, with graphics taken from asset packs at 15 , we say to ourselves that we won't risk anything. WRONG!"

The professor slaps the desk with his hand, the whole amphitheater jumps.

"Second step of the trap: its simplistic gameplay! There's not even an attack button, you just move around, the shooting is automatic, it's the weapons and upgrades you buy that determine when and how your character will shoot the endless waves of enemies, like in a reverse tower defense. But as we've known since Professor Yamato's work on One Finger Death Punch: the simpler a game is, the more immediately addictive it is.

He told me to go sniff around up there on the hill. "And once you fall into Vampires, who is going to save you? NO ONE! NO ONE, DO YOU HEAR ME? The trap is too perfect, it has already closed on you. The gigantic waves of enemies whose ebb and flow under the effect of your shots causes an almost hypnotic effect. The incredibly fast gain in experience levels. The treasure chests and their visual effect that gives the impression of having won the jackpot every time. The difficulty is neither too low nor too high, which ensures that you will often succeed in your raids and will want to start another one right afterwards to scrape a few more gold coins. LET'S TALK ABOUT GOLD COINS! You're going to blow them on the host of permanent upgrades and unlockable characters, all to play again and scratch out a few more achievements. The worst part is that most raids are thirty minutes long, so you'll be up all night. And with the endless mode added in this early access release, probably your whole life. Don't touch it, my young friends. Don't risk it. Don't end up like me."

Is Vampires Survivor a good game or a bad one? It doesn't matter. It's a game where you can only admire the finesse of the mechanics and the depth that it was able to give to a simplistic gameplay. A game that, for the price of two coffees, will obsess you for hours and hours. And you, what do you think of the game?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vampires-survivor-01.jpg (4.40 MB, 1 views)