Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > The Black Market > Trading
You last visited: Today at 23:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to identify fakers

Discussion on How to identify fakers within the Trading forum part of the The Black Market category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1
eager to elevate

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,783
Staff How to identify fakers

Dear elitepvpers community,

since we really care about protecting you from fraud, this thread is meant to help you identify fakers and impersonators.

Identical Nicknames
During your trading endeavors, you might come across two different users with the same username — at least to your eye that is. This phenomenon results from the use of Unicode characters in usernames. In order to avoid mix-ups and/or intentional deceit, our system is checking usernames and showing a notification in such cases. So whenever you conduct a trade, make sure to keep an eye out for the following message:

You can find it on a user's TBM profile (https://www.elitepvpers.com/theblackmarket/profile/User_ID) and it will only be displayed if the usernames contains those special characters, even though you might not be able to see it. Be aware of impersonators when seeing this.

There are of course other ways and methods that will allow you to figure out with whom you are dealing. So let's continue!

How do I spot a faker?
Even if two different users are sharing the same name, there are ways to determine who is the right person or whether or not someone really is e.g. a moderator:

User-ID
User Rank & Username Colour
User Profile

User ID
Each and every user is assigned a unique ID when signing up an account on elitepvpers. Since this ID cannot be changed or altered in any way, it is an ideal indicator for finding out whether you are dealing with the correct person.

The ID is also shown in a user's profile link:

In the above link, the user ID is: 283687
It is also displayed when sending elite*gold to another user:

This user ID must be identical to the one in the profile link!

User Rank & Username Color
Apart from the user ID, you can also recognize a user by his rank(s) and name color. The color of the username always matches the color of the rank/badge whereas moderators who hold the Level 2/3 or Developer rank can also use the respective colors of these ranks. Community Managers form an exception to this as they'll always have their blue username. Global Moderators always have a yellow username regardless of any additional ranks.

Users who work in the Content Team usually have a blue-black username. However, more variations are possible due to the additional user ranks Premium & Guardian.

Here are some examples (more combinations possible):

If you're unsure whether or not someone actually holds a rank, you can always look . The stafflist shows all users who hold a team rank and categorizes/sorts them. If the user in question doesn't show up in this list and only has a badge (but no respective username color), it is very likely that you are dealing with an imposter!

User Profile
A verification of ranks is also possible by visiting a user's profile. User ranks are always located to the left of the Mini Statistics (as shown in the image).

Otherwise you are dealing with an imposter as the rank icons for legitimate ranks will never be the user's avatar.

Faking ranks is strictly forbidden and will be punished! Should you encounter any such users, please report them to one of our staff members (/ / / ) or open a ticket in our . Don't hesitate to open a ticket even if you're unsure. Better safe than sorry!
Thanks
49 Users
Closed Thread