Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > The Black Market > Trading
You last visited: Today at 20:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DIRT 3 Steam Keys Shop 1 Key je 10 Euro PSC

Discussion on DIRT 3 Steam Keys Shop 1 Key je 10 Euro PSC within the Trading forum part of the The Black Market category.

Closed Thread

Old 09/06/2011, 18:13   #16 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Publishers Codemasters and graphics card manufacturer AMD have been running a promotion lately whereby purchasers of a card got a free copy of excellent racer Dirt 3. That offer has now been, uh, slightly expanded.

It seems Codemasters had the reserved download codes for the promo - estimated at around 3 million copies of the game - sitting on one of its webservers in plain sight, and over the past couple of days that list has been accessed and passed around, giving anyone who has seen it a free copy of Dirt 3.

While this might seem like an online looter's Christmas come early, there's a catch: the codes are Steam codes, meaning that should Codemasters (or Valve) decide to take action, all they'd need to do would be to go down the list and block the codes for the game. And that's a best-case scenario for "thieves", one that doesn't involve banning.

UPDATE - While it was initially believed that up to 3 million codes had been leaked, I've since taken a look at the master list that was lifted, and what I saw contained "only" 250,000 copies of the game. Now, I may have only seen one list, or an incomplete list, but I'm updating this here for the record anyway!

UPDATE 2 - Codemasters says it's trying to "block" hacker's access to the game.

UPDATE 3 - Reader Antipika let us know that, indeed, the list I saw was but one. He's seen 8 of them, containing a total of 1.7 million keys.
Es wurden 3 Millionen Keys Illegal erworben !!
100% sind auch deine Keys von da, da die in bestimmten Foren kostenlos da waren.
# Reported, falls es von Steampowered ist bekommst du eine bestätigugnsemail das nennt man hier Kaufbeleg das brauchen die Mods.
Old 09/06/2011, 18:26   #17 Trade Status: Unverified(?)
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,625
Hier ist dann erstmal zu bis ich richtige Kaufbelege gesehen habe.

#closed
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread