Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Technical Support
You last visited: Today at 12:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

TOS Byte im IP-Header verändern

Discussion on TOS Byte im IP-Header verändern within the Technical Support forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 115
Received Thanks: 12,344
TOS Byte im IP-Header verändern

Hi,

ich wollte mal fragen, ob jemand weiß, wie man das TOS (Type of Service) Byte im Header von allen ausgehen IP-Paketen ändern kann. Ich habe es bereits geschafft, den TTL Wert von allen ausgehen IP-Paketen mit Hilfe eines einfachen Registryeintrages zu ändern. Irgendwie muss man den TOS Wert doch auch, sei es mit Extratools oder nicht, ändern können.
Mein Router kann nämlich die Pakete dem TOS Wert nach priorisieren und ich möchte ein wenig damit rumspielen .
Achja, ich benutze Vista Home Premium.

Wäre schön, wenn mir jemand helfen könnte (kenne mich in dem Bereich überhaupt nicht aus).
Old 10/11/2008, 12:50   #2

elite*gold: 4
Received Thanks: 4,992
What would be the need of changing the TOS. There's a thing called trust boundaries, which is prolly known by most common switches/routers.
This 'trust boundaries' are used to either accept or decline the received TOS. Which would mean that a switch would overwrite your TOS flags anyway.
Plus there's no need to try to prioritize your packet on the internet. Since most of the interconnection hardware of your provider and further will be declining/overwriting your TOS (because of that trust boundaries), even if you get with it behind your router.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2008, 13:35   #3

elite*gold: 115
Received Thanks: 12,344
At first thanks for your fast reply.

I really don't know much about this topic, but I managed to understand the most you wrote. I don't want to prioritize my packets on the internet, but I want to prioritize them in my own local network behind my router. This router can prioritize them by their TOS field as far as I know.

Edit: I'm looking for a solution to set the TOS field of all outgoing packets (whether with extra software or without) for ages already, but haven't found a solution yet :/
Do you know how it can be done?