Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback
You last visited: Today at 04:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Sending elite*gold with a lock instantly

Discussion on Sending elite*gold with a lock instantly within the Suggestions & Feedback forum part of the General category.

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
Yes 5 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 125
The Black Market: 243/0/0
Sending elite*gold with a lock instantly

Hey

As maybe (some) elite*gold traders know, you need to fill in a dispute to put a lock after you've sent the elite*gold.

In my opinion, this isnt the best way this could happen. Lets take a look at these things:

I send the elite*gold - epvp has error 503 and I can't lock it (happend before..) if the user gets back on epvp after more then 5 minutes (as it is sometimes that much) he could simply use it if he is on it before the seller could lock it.

Also, what if a user chargebacks his payment? We can't fill in a dispute anymore, as we used it to put a lock while waiting for the payment.

Therefor my suggestion is to include when sending elite*gold to a user, a checkbox (like accepting the Terms of sending elite*gold to a user) such as:

* Send elite*gold with a lock

Like this, we can send it instant with a lock while we wait for the payment and there is nothing to worry about, we can still open a dispute and avoids issues like I described

Please leave your feedback, I appreciate it!

Kind regards
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/22/2020, 17:58   #2
Memento mori.

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,044
The procedure is like having a middleman at your trade. You can always consult a middleman to protect yourself from scammers. I think, this is also the easiest way.

Kind Regards,
Icetea'
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/22/2020, 18:10   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetea' View Post
The procedure is like having a middleman at your trade. You can always consult a middleman to protect yourself from scammers. I think, this is also the easiest way.

Kind Regards,
Icetea'
Thank you for your feedback @

I quite disagree, as you can't list a middleman on sending the elite*gold itself (only on the RaT) but then there would still be the issue of sending it locked. The dispute way is now advised by everyone (also epvp itself iirc) while waiting for your elite*gold to be paid, as a middleman fee would most likely be quite high - and it would not be convenient. Everyone who sends elite*gold while waiting for a payment opens a dispute, and in my opinion with my idea - that would be a better way to ease up the process.

However its only usefull for elite*gold sellers. Buyers don't have that much of a risk, but myself I am an elite*gold seller and I can assure that it would be way easier and usefull to have such an option. Not only does opening a dispute take away that we can't make a dispute on that transaction once removed, it is simply not that simple sometimes to open a dispute when trading on a mobile device for example.

There are also a lot of new users who do not know how to send elite*gold locked aswell, and putting it as I described would ease up the transaction for sure.
Old 07/22/2020, 20:26   #4

Sending elite*gold with a lock immediately can sound pretty useful. However, why should you ever lock your elite*gold? I mean you are trading via epvp. So that's the best you can actually do.
Locking elite gold you've send should only been done when there has been a scam or something similar.
If you trade with someone and both sides agree to this trade, there should not be a reason to lock the elite gold until your trading partner has sent his part of the trade.
Locking the elite gold for the time you are waiting for his payment is kinda abusing the function. So keep trading via epvp, make some sort of trade agreement (via pm system of epvp) and you are more or less safe and do not have to lock your gold for several minutes or even hours.

However, using MM as Icetea said in elite gold trades is not a good option for me either.

But: I would prefer such boxes where you can select several options for sending elite gold.
For example:

- lock immediately (like you wish it was)
- send in _ minutes/hours
- send on ___ (date)

The best way we can do is probably to make a 24h lock to gold trades in general and not only by trading with treasures in my opinion
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/22/2020, 20:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
The best way we can do is probably to make a 24h lock to gold trades in general and not only by trading with treasures in my opinion

This could also be a very good idea, perhaps not that good for some impatient people, but indeed a safe way aswell.
Old 07/22/2020, 21:39   #6
Memento mori.

Received Thanks: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'OUTBACK' View Post
Thank you for your feedback @

I quite disagree, as you can't list a middleman on sending the elite*gold itself (only on the RaT) but then there would still be the issue of sending it locked. The dispute way is now advised by everyone (also epvp itself iirc) while waiting for your elite*gold to be paid, as a middleman fee would most likely be quite high - and it would not be convenient. Everyone who sends elite*gold while waiting for a payment opens a dispute, and in my opinion with my idea - that would be a better way to ease up the process.

However its only usefull for elite*gold sellers. Buyers don't have that much of a risk, but myself I am an elite*gold seller and I can assure that it would be way easier and usefull to have such an option. Not only does opening a dispute take away that we can't make a dispute on that transaction once removed, it is simply not that simple sometimes to open a dispute when trading on a mobile device for example.

There are also a lot of new users who do not know how to send elite*gold locked aswell, and putting it as I described would ease up the transaction for sure.
I'm sorry about this, that was my own mistake. Then we should be able to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Sending elite*gold with a lock immediately can sound pretty useful. However, why should you ever lock your elite*gold? I mean you are trading via epvp. So that's the best you can actually do.
Locking elite gold you've send should only been done when there has been a scam or something similar.
If you trade with someone and both sides agree to this trade, there should not be a reason to lock the elite gold until your trading partner has sent his part of the trade.
Locking the elite gold for the time you are waiting for his payment is kinda abusing the function. So keep trading via epvp, make some sort of trade agreement (via pm system of epvp) and you are more or less safe and do not have to lock your gold for several minutes or even hours.

However, using MM as Icetea said in elite gold trades is not a good option for me either.

But: I would prefer such boxes where you can select several options for sending elite gold.
For example:

- lock immediately (like you wish it was)
- send in _ minutes/hours
- send on ___ (date)

I really find this proposal useful. In particular, I think it is very good that we can choose between several options. I find these examples fairly well.

+

Kind Regards,
Icetea'
Thanks
1 User