Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback
You last visited: Today at 18:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

elitepvpers Achievement System

Discussion on elitepvpers Achievement System within the Suggestions & Feedback forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 170
Received Thanks: 1,009
elitepvpers Achievement System

Quote:
Disclaimer: This is a more in-depth suggestion for an achievement system based on schamon's thread. Please keep in mind that this is just a suggestion for a possible implementation and adjustable at anytime. Presumably, it will never even be implemented the way I present/suggest it. We already know that such a system is planned but so far there are no concrete plans what it is supposed to look like. Feel free to share your opinion within this thread!

Dear Community,

as some of you may already know, we've got that an achievement system for elitepvpers is on the Administration's agenda for upcoming forum innovations. While that is indeed a great thing to look forward to, they are also always open for suggestions in such regards. The following thread contains a more in-depth example on what such an achievement system could look like. While I don't actually believe that this will hasten the process, it may be a good starting point, or at least a bit helpful for anyone who will be working on this in the future.

Table of Contents:
  1. The Core System:
    1. Extension/Redesign of the Star Leveling System
    2. Account Progression, Leveling, and Experience Points
    3. Forum Feature Activation by Progression

2. The Achievement System:
    1. Core Achievements
    2. The Black Market Achievements
    3. Premium Achievements
    4. Guardian Achievements
    5. Content Team Achievements
    6. epvp Team Achievements
    7. Event/Miscellaneous Achievements

3. Destrox' short and fancy FAQ:

1.1 Extension/Redesign of the Star Leveling System:

In case you didn't notice so far: we're already using a leveling system, the . Right beside your username you can see a little star that looks different depending on your current Star Level. You can gain experience to increase your Star Level by creating posts, owning elite*gold, buying elite*gold from the system, or receiving thanks for useful posts. Your account creation date and your active warnings/infractions play a role as well. There are 37 stars/levels, but there's currently no user beyond level 35.

This system works very well overall, but it also has some weaknesses. For example, the fact that owned elite*gold is included in your account experience. That means you could technically just buy elite*gold in heaps to increase your Star Level while others are working hard to increase theirs—in some sections of our population such a thing is considered unfair! On the other side, with epvp's hacking origin in mind, well, then that's a proper way of doing it! Anyway, here's what I would do: increase the level cap from level 37 to 50 (explanation follows in the next chapter), add new stars to the system, throw out some of the existing ones (double and triple stars), link special stars/icons to rare achievements, and lastly, give users the option to choose which of their already obtained stars shall be displayed.

1.2 Account Progression, Leveling, and Experience Points:

I would no longer support automated progression related to elite*gold, registration date, or anything else other than posts and received thanks. Gaining experience by things such as e*gold or registration date would be tied to specific achievements instead. Additionally, I would prefer to keep the entire system rather simple so that it'll be easy to add or remove things at anytime.

Anyway, to keep things short, I'll just present my super awesome text document:

Code:
Level 1 = 1000 XP
Level 2 = 2000 XP (UNLOCK: AVATAR + SIGNATURE + IMG)
Level 3 = 3000 XP
[...]
Level 10  (45.000 XP total)= 10.000 XP/LVL  
Level 20 (145.000 XP total)= 10.000 XP/LVL
Level 30 (245.000 XP total)= 10.000 XP/LVL (UNLOCK: BURNING STAR 1)
Level 40 (345.000 XP total)= 10.000 XP/LVL
Level 50 (445.000 XP total)= 10.000 XP/LVL (MAX LEVEL FOR NOW)

1 Post/Thread = 5 XP
1 Thanks = 7 XP 

1 Common Achievement = 100 XP
1 Rare Achievement = 1000 XP
1 Super-Rare Achievement = 2500 XP
1 Epic Achievement = 5000 XP
1 Legendary Achievement = 10.000 XP

Bonus for completing a set of Achievements: 10.000 XP
|

1.3 Forum Feature Activation by Progression:

This is a rather minor thing, however, it could be somewhat more appealing in combination with the entire Achievement System. As you can see in the text document's extract, account level two unlocks the option to upload an avatar, change your signature, and to use the IMG tag, while level ten unlocks the option to set your own custom user title (before that you will be able to use the ones unlocked by achievements). It would be nothing too fancy, but add some more depth to the RPG-ish elements.

2. The Achievement System:

As I already spoilered in 1.2, achievements are divided into five different rarities: Common, Rare, Super Rare, Epic, and Legendary. While there will be achievements that only have one of the mentioned rarities, others will be upgradeable over time. For example, create your first post is a Common one, but will be upgraded to Rare as soon as you reach 100 posts; 1000 posts for Super Rare, and so on—I think you get it! In addition to that, we will have some repeatable Prestige achievements.

3. Destrox' short and fancy FAQ:

Quote:
You've mentioned new/additional stars, how will they be obtainable?
Even though I would increase the level cap from 37 to 50, I don't think that we need new stars for leveling itself but as specific achievement rewards. So for example, if my level 2/level 3 suggestion passes, I would also create an achievement for anyone who makes it there, and a reward for such an accomplishment could be the level 2/3 star [ ].
Is it even possible to reach level 50?
Absolutely! For example: our Global Moderator DarkOPM would have around 435.000 XP in this system what equals level 49.
Where could I access my XP, see my achievements, and be proud of how awesome I am?
I guess there would be a new tab in your user control panel. Unfortunately, I can't provide any examples on what the front-end for the Achievement-System could look like. But I can guarantee you that it'll take quite a while to create and implement all that stuff.
Is everybody starting over at level 1?
No, if you fulfill the requirements for an achievement, the rewards will be automatically added to your account.
Will this FAQ section continue to grow?
In case some more questions and ideas arise, it's likely that they'll end up here. I'm looking forward to some good quality replies with new ideas and improvements. I think it's really nice that we'll get something like this after all, and it would be good if we could ensure that it'll be awesome.

I'll add more content to this section within the next few days / upcoming thread updates.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 08/21/2017, 20:03   #2

elite*gold: 1
According to my calculations (if they're not wrong, because I can't do math) a new user would need 180 posts (just posts, no thanks or anything else) to be able to upload an avatar, a signature and to use images in a post - right? Isn't that pretty harsh? Some people don't post that much but are an active part of the community, so why exclude/punish them?

You didn't mention it but if I am able to change my user title at level ten, I could easily change my title to one of the rewarded ones. IMO those titles should be locked; maybe also variations.

Anway, I like your ideas they are considered and a good template for further use. Well done!
Old 08/21/2017, 20:06   #3

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 738/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,098
What about TBM? MM?
And what about the System? Is everybody starting at 0?
Thats quite unfair, a lot of users are already Working hard for years for Their Levels...
Old 08/21/2017, 21:31   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
According to my calculations (if they're not wrong, because I can't do math) a new user would need 180 posts (just posts, no thanks or anything else) to be able to upload an avatar, a signature and to use images in a post - right? Isn't that pretty harsh? Some people don't post that much but are an active part of the community, so why exclude/punish them?
You're right, but that's actually a holdover I forgot to erase. I wanted these things to be unlocks/rewards for the [Read the Rules] achievement. Changed that.

Maybe there's a way to reward active readers / people who don't post that much, but I'm not sure if there's a way to implement something like that without the possibility of anyone abusing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North
You didn't mention it but if I am able to change my user title at level ten, I could easily change my title to one of the rewarded ones. IMO those titles should be locked; maybe also variations.
I'm already thinking of a way to make unlocked titles different from the ones you can create yourself. Nonetheless, you're right, the achievable titles should be locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoubo View Post
What about TBM? MM?
And what about the System? Is everybody starting at 0?
Thats quite unfair, a lot of users are already Working hard for years for Their Levels...
The Black Market has its own section in my achievement list, Middleman achievements will be added soon. You wouldn't start with nothing; if you fulfill the requirements for an achievement, the rewards will be automatically added to your account.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2017, 21:39   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrox View Post
You're right, but that's actually a holdover I forgot to erase. I wanted these things to be unlocks/rewards for the [Read the Rules] achievement. Changed that.

Maybe there's a way to reward active readers / people who don't post that much, but I'm not sure if there's a way to implement something like that without the possibility of anyone abusing it.

I'm already thinking of a way to make unlocked titles different from the ones you can create yourself. Nonetheless, you're right, the achievable titles should be locked.

The Black Market has its own section in my achievement list, Middleman achievements will be added soon. You wouldn't start with nothing; if you fulfill the requirements for an achievement, the rewards will be automatically added to your account.
So Go ahead with that Ideas. I will Check this Thread for new updates.
Old 08/21/2017, 21:39   #6

elite*gold: 2222
The Black Market: 204/1/0
Received Thanks: 5,106
I like the idea in general. But I disagree with your draft in some points.
Just in comparison to the current system, I am level 25 / 37; or ~68%.
With the new system you suggested, I would have a score of 62.372 (by posts and thanks) equals level 11 / 50 or 22%.
So in general, the levels will scale more slowly then right now, which isn´t a problem at all. But on the other hand you want to give a super rare achievement for only 1000 posts, which is 2500 xp. That would be a 50% increase in xp than you get by the posts themselves for only 1000 posts. Also that amount of posts isn´t that rare.
I don´t know if you get my point, but the scaling is a bit strange in my eyes, by providing a slow ladder in general but a very fast one by achievements which are named "super rare" but would be somehow common in reality.

I myself am not sure if those ideas will be a better soloution but just want to leave them in here for discussion:

1: Dynamic rarity: The rating if an achievment is rare or not should be done by calculating how many percent of the users own that achievement. I am aware that this also means, that you can loose xp after a while as an achievement can get downgraded but I would see this as a chance to motivate people to be more active.

2: Another idea, at least for thanks, would be increasing the given xp if a post has many thanks. Like a single thanks gives you x xp, but if a single posts has already got 10 thanks, each new thanks will give x+1 xp (numbers are actually only examples, like I assume yours have been, too). I don´t know if there are more things where such a system might work. I point I see problems with is the data migration. I guess migrating all the existing data for this might be a shitload of work to be done and may take a while.

3: Daily XP: To be honest, in my eyes the registration date is worth to be considered in calculation and you may should get like 1 xp per day since registration or at least achievements with scale with the registration date.

4: Defining achievements of course. And that is something we all can already start to collect ideas on what things may give an achievement. I may post some in the next days if I don´t forget about it
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/21/2017, 22:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serraniel View Post
I like the idea in general. But I disagree with your draft in some points.
Just in comparison to the current system, I am level 25 / 37; or ~68%.
With the new system you suggested, I would have a score of 62.372 (by posts and thanks) equals level 11 / 50 or 22%.
So in general, the levels will scale more slowly then right now, which isn´t a problem at all. But on the other hand you want to give a super rare achievement for only 1000 posts, which is 2500 xp. That would be a 50% increase in xp than you get by the posts themselves for only 1000 posts. Also that amount of posts isn´t that rare.
I don´t know if you get my point, but the scaling is a bit strange in my eyes, by providing a slow ladder in general but a very fast one by achievements which are named "super rare" but would be somehow common in reality.

I myself am not sure if those ideas will be a better soloution but just want to leave them in here for discussion:

1: Dynamic rarity: The rating if an achievment is rare or not should be done by calculating how many percent of the users own that achievement. I am aware that this also means, that you can loose xp after a while as an achievement can get downgraded but I would see this as a chance to motivate people to be more active.

2: Another idea, at least for thanks, would be increasing the given xp if a post has many thanks. Like a single thanks gives you x xp, but if a single posts has already got 10 thanks, each new thanks will give x+1 xp (numbers are actually only examples, like I assume yours have been, too). I don´t know if there are more things where such a system might work. I point I see problems with is the data migration. I guess migrating all the existing data for this might be a shitload of work to be done and may take a while.

3: Daily XP: To be honest, in my eyes the registration date is worth to be considered in calculation and you may should get like 1 xp per day since registration or at least achievements with scale with the registration date.

4: Defining achievements of course. And that is something we all can already start to collect ideas on what things may give an achievement. I may post some in the next days if I don´t forget about it

+1 für das Registrierungs Datum.
Schreibe mal auf deutsch weil ich weiß dass du einer bist...

Ich finde das Datum auch sehr wichtig, es gibt hier Leute die schon ewig / länger dabei sind... warum also sollte man diese außen vor lassen ? Dies zeigt in gewisser Hinsicht auch von Loyalität!
Old 08/21/2017, 22:09   #8

Ist ja quasi schon mit drin:

AchievementName
Common (+100)
Rare (+1000)
SuperRare (+2500)
Epic (+5000)
Legendary (+10.000)
Reward(s)
YearsSinceRegistrationAchievement1 Year3 Years5 Years10 Years15 YearsTitle (Epic): The Old Iron

Dann hab ich auch noch etwas für aufeinanderfolgende Logins, theoretisch könnte man aber auch einfach XP für tägliche Logins geben, da gibt es recht viele Möglichkeiten.

Übrigens: Ich finds richtig gut, dass hier direkt ordentliches Feedback kommt.
Old 08/21/2017, 22:21   #9

Quote:

AchievementName
Common (+100)
Rare (+1000)
SuperRare (+2500)
Epic (+5000)
Legendary (+10.000)
Reward(s)
YearsSinceRegistrationAchievement1 Year3 Years5 Years10 Years15 YearsTitle (Epic): The Old Iron

Dann hab ich auch noch etwas für aufeinanderfolgende Logins, theoretisch könnte man aber auch einfach XP für tägliche Logins geben, da gibt es recht viele Möglichkeiten.

Wie sieht es denn bzgl. Gold aus ? Aus meiner Sicht macht es schon Sinn dieses mit einzubeziehen.. zzt. Ist es ja so, dass Gold im Prinzip nur gekauft wird um Premium zu haben oder sein Level zu steigern... folglich: nimmt man das Gold aus dem Bewertungssystem raus, dürfte das viele egold was vorhanden ist noch Jahrzehnte ausreichen um alle User jahrelang mit Premium zu versorgen... folglich: keiner/wenige kaufen noch Gold über das System..
dementsprechend müsste man sich noch einmal überlegen ob es nicht Sinn macht neue Premium Features einzuführen die Anreize bieten oder einfach das Gold in die Bewertung mit einbeziehen..
Ist zumindest meine Meinung dazu.
Old 08/21/2017, 23:09   #10

elite*gold: 2222
The Black Market: 204/1/0
Received Thanks: 5,106
Quote:

AchievementName
Common (+100)
Rare (+1000)
SuperRare (+2500)
Epic (+5000)
Legendary (+10.000)
Reward(s)

Kann man irgendwo die komplette Liste sehen schon?
Old 08/21/2017, 23:11   #11

Das Bild mit der Trophäe ist ein Spoiler, den man öffnen kann. Da sind einige Vorschläge drin.
Old 08/22/2017, 06:35   #12

elite*gold: 1400
Well, It is kinda nice, But maybe some users create new accounts & Give thanks to themselves so they will try to cheat that at the end.
Old 08/22/2017, 10:23   #13

elite*gold: 776
The Black Market: 193/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acs' View Post
Well, It is kinda nice, But maybe some users create new accounts & Give thanks to themselves so they will try to cheat that at the end.
Which will result in a ban as they log that stuff if I am sure.
Old 08/22/2017, 11:00   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewfwefewfw View Post
Which will result in a ban as they log that stuff if I am sure.
Würde jedoch mehr Arbeit für die Staff Mitglieder bedeuten..
Old 08/22/2017, 11:02   #15

elite*gold: 776
The Black Market: 193/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Würde jedoch mehr Arbeit für die Staff Mitglieder bedeuten..
Wenns automatisch geht?