Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback
You last visited: Today at 05:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Networking section?

Discussion on Networking section? within the Suggestions & Feedback forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Networking section?

Hello,

I see in the off-topic section, like Unix/Linux and smartphones and technical support.
But wouldn't it be great to have an own Networking section where you can discuss which router or switch is the best in your area (home) for gaming or just internet?

Or why people lagg very much and have bad ping or even port forwarding question, and about internet security settings (Firewalls).

What do you think about this? And why if voting yes or voting no?

Sincerly,

Bobbakid.
Old 11/08/2016, 13:53   #2

elite*gold: 15
Sounds interesting.
Old 11/09/2016, 00:52   #3
ars aurea

elite*gold: 16449
Received Thanks: 5,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbakid View Post
which router or switch is the best in your area (home) for gaming or just internet?

Or why people lagg very much and have bad ping or even port forwarding question, and about internet security settings (Firewalls).
The "Technical Support" is the right place for that.
Old 11/09/2016, 17:48   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKoArts View Post
The "Technical Support" is the right place for that.
But for Unix and Linux is also "Technical Support" the right place right?
Old 11/09/2016, 17:52   #5
ars aurea

elite*gold: 16449
Received Thanks: 5,666
Quote:
That solely depends on your specific question you have. It's also a call you have to make because you probably know best where it could fit in.

But the way it sounds I guess the forum is the better place
Old 11/09/2016, 20:57   #6

elite*gold: 15
Quote:
Not really. One of my "Technical Problem" Thread on Ubuntu was moved to Unix/Linux.
Old 11/10/2016, 08:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKoArts View Post
That solely depends on your specific question you have. It's also a call you have to make because you probably know best where it could fit in.

But the way it sounds I guess the forum is the better place
So if I'm asking you, what router is the best for my home environment because I game a lot it should be placed in "Technical Support"?
Old 11/12/2016, 22:59   #8

elite*gold: 1640
The Black Market: 141/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,335
Quote:
So if I'm asking you, what router is the best for my home environment because I game a lot it should be placed in "Technical Support"?
Hardware specific questions belong into the hardware section: