I ran into a problem today when releasing a compressed file to the community. The problem was the file size. As a RAR or ZIP file, I was unable to fall under the 10MB limit. As a 7-zip (7z) file, however, I was able to reduce it down to 6MB. It's a shame that the board doesn't allow uploading 7z files. Allowing 7z file uploads would be an advantage to the board (less to host), and to the members (less to upload and download). What are your opinions on the matter?
Kind Regards,
Spirited
PS: If you are not familiar with 7-Zip, it's a file compression method just like ZIP and RAR, just much stronger. For example, my file as a ZIP was 10.8MB, RAR 10.2 MB, 7z 6.8MB. It's just another way of compressing and sharing large files.
Edit: Just another example... I'm trying to release a source for the Conquer Online community.
Look at these sizes for my compressed source:
I mostly specified 7z since it's a very popular file compression, similar to RAR and ZIP. 7z is mostly used by the development communities when distributing large files. I commonly use it in the Conquer Online section to compress clients. For anything large, I use mediafire or another host; however, elitepvpers is much more reliable for distributing elitepvper exclusive files. I'd rather use elitepvpers any day for section related releases.
Yes. I personally use 7z instead of winRAR. I think some users who worry about hard-drive space or slow download speeds should be able to use this method as a substitute for WinRAR.
How to make moneys by uploading your files 09/09/2013 - Tutorials - 7 Replies If you want a detailed informations about this, you should pm me and I teach you where to upload them, and the most importat how to promote them, i get like 300 hits a day, I earn alot, pm me for details. Greetings.
How to make moneys by uploading ur files 09/09/2013 - Tutorials - 4 Replies It's simply, you upload your files, and per every download you get 0.50$-10$.
You must pm me and i will give you details on where to upload them, how to promote ur files, and so on.
You will earn alot if you do as i say.
[Warning] Uploading files on MegaUpload 06/03/2009 - CO2 Private Server - 6 Replies I was downloading something of CO on megaupload MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service , and my upload Speed isn't Very fast .. Then .. The upload rate was 293-350kb/sec ... and my upload ratealways 100-150 .. Then Uploaded the file (77mb) in 1 min ... after that .. i didn't see the download link , My msn has disconnected and my explorer (FireFox) closed ... Tried to reconnect again to msn and failed .. and My Explorer has crashed , Can't open it .. Restarted the pc...
Esro site uploading the files :P 06/03/2009 - SRO Private Server - 10 Replies check there site and its says this
I am wondering what it means if they are uploading THE FILES :P wil the pserver be ready for there first beta test?