Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback > Suggestions & Feedback Archive
You last visited: Today at 17:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New members - daily limit of threads vs SPAM

Discussion on New members - daily limit of threads vs SPAM within the Suggestions & Feedback Archive forum part of the Suggestions & Feedback category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
The Black Market: 123/0/0
New members - daily limit of threads vs SPAM

Today i saw some new member to spam x100+ post about "abortion pills". We can report him x100 but he will still be able to open new until some mod/admin come and ban him.

It would be nice that new members are limited to make 5-10 threads as maximum per day, at least first week or until it's reached total 10 posts, mostly guys who came here to advertise something and actually spam forum will instant open threads.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/16/2023, 23:34   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,725
Isn't there any restriction? Even for topics? I know there is one for Images. @

I feel like there shouldn't be any propper limit. Spam posts should be handled by the staff.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2023, 08:02   #3

elite*gold: 12
The Black Market: 123/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autrux View Post

I feel like there shouldn't be any propper limit. Spam posts should be handled by the staff.
well, the day when i opened this suggestion one guy opened +30 spam topics. it was terrible to see that, he was registered that same day.

Well, limits are not good, but i think almost no one can make 10-20 new topics per day as member ever at all, pretty hard, expecially becasue there are limits per forums, so actually there are no limits for standard use of an account
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/17/2023, 19:47   #4

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autrux View Post

No there is no restriction.
And there is a big Issue with "spam should be handled by the staff" If nobody is online at that moment.
Earlier yesterday a bot spammed the whole off-topic section with almost 50 Threads.

New Users should be restricted to max 5 Threads, have a cooldown on creating threads or have to be manually approved.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/03/2023, 01:23   #5

elite*gold: 72789
The Black Market: 785/0/0
This could be easily implemented as an automatic spam detection bot, it could for example compare posts same user posted and if they would be all identical he would get banned
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/06/2023, 11:26   #6

Yes please! It is indeed super annoying seeing threads beings posted 30x in each section from guys who have literally 4 posts prior.
Old 03/07/2023, 00:20   #7

The Black Market: 647/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
One for all! This is a very important thing!
Old 03/07/2023, 21:22   #8
Chasing

The Black Market: 194/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,828
We don't think a limitation is useful for several reasons. First, we would have to do more work to integrate something like this, and it remains unknown if it would bring any value. Second, we do not want to limit new users immediately, because not every user has the same intention as spammers.

#rejected
Closed Thread

Tags
avoiding spams, spam, spam detection