Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback > Suggestions & Feedback Archive
You last visited: Today at 04:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Two prefixes for easier trading

Discussion on Two prefixes for easier trading within the Suggestions & Feedback Archive forum part of the Suggestions & Feedback category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Two prefixes for easier trading

Hello.

I am not completely sure, if this is feasible, but I think it would be useful.

There could be two prefix selections when you are posting a new thread in the Trading forum.

The first one, that tells people what are you offering, and the second one, that tells people what are you looking for in change.

Of course this is not a completely essential thing, but it would make the trading easier & more comfortable.

Right now there are many situations, when it's little bit hard to understand what is the purpose of a thread, and people click / contact each other by mistake.

Also, it would be great, because this is a huge community, and there are many nationalities.

For example:

There are some people that use prefix S to tell that they are selling (SELL), but on the other hand, there are other people that use prefix S to tell that they are searching (SUCHE).

The same when you're using prefix B. It might mean that you are buying (BUY), or that you're making an offer (BIETE).

As I said, I am completely aware of the fact that this is nothing essential. Trades have been going on for years without this function, so this is more like for comfort & saving time. I would be really happy to see this option.

For example:

- [Buying] Bitcoin [Selling] PayPal

There might be other better solutions as well, I'm just telling that it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it easier for people to find what they are looking for.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/07/2019, 01:07   #2

elite*gold: 1337
Received Thanks: 3,186
It is indeed a good idea, but the current system doesn't allow us to put a "pre"fix in the middle of a title. (Prefix = at the beginning)

If we approach if with tags (e.g. "[SELLING] PayPal [BUYING] PSC") and then parse them correctly, the same problem already mentioned would occur. We can't parse tags in the title because that would cause the search engines problems.

However, we will discuss this later. It's not a final decision yet. Just some input from me. Maybe there are some other aspects/solutions I am missing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/12/2019, 23:30   #3

elite*gold: 0
ty man for info
Old 08/27/2019, 20:35   #4

elite*gold: 1337
Received Thanks: 3,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMostLiked View Post
It is indeed a good idea, but the current system doesn't allow us to put a "pre"fix in the middle of a title. (Prefix = at the beginning)

If we approach if with tags (e.g. "[SELLING] PayPal [BUYING] PSC") and then parse them correctly, the same problem already mentioned would occur. We can't parse tags in the title because that would cause the search engines problems.

However, we will discuss this later. It's not a final decision yet. Just some input from me. Maybe there are some other aspects/solutions I am missing.
We discussed it and as I already mentioned, it's currently not possible.
But thanks for the suggestion!
Closed Thread