Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Buff without time on it

Discussion on Buff without time on it within the SRO PServer Questions & Answers forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 210
Buff without time on it

Hey guys, how to get a buff without time on it, like those honor buffs or like the Chinese Buff on the screenshot

Old 04/03/2021, 14:51   #2

elite*gold: 0
This can be done as skill used by character like any normal buff skill,second as scroll or smth else game server side
Old 04/03/2021, 16:43   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharptron View Post
How to?xD
this has nothing to do with GS, it gives you false information. It is possible to do this with DB and client editor. You will only hide the time on the client side.
Old 04/03/2021, 18:37   #4

Quote:
Hey guys, how to get a buff without time on it, like those honor buffs or like the Chinese Buff on the screenshot

INSERT INTO _TimedJob VALUES (@NewCharID, 0, 5410, 3600, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

It is a "_AddNewChar" procedure. I took it from RZ.

RED = RefSkill ID (Mine is 100% Drug of Typoon)
GREEN = Duration of the skill

Also, you could hide the time in the skilldata. (client side)

I am not sure, have never done but I hope I have helped you in some way.

Wish people that know how to make it would just post it.

Also, take a look at this :

insert into _TimedJob(CharID,Category,JobID,TimeToKeep,Data1,D ata2,Data3,Data4,Data5,Data6,Data7,Data8,Serial64, JID)values(@NewCharID, 0, 5411, 604800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

Both of them work just make sure to put them under
Quote:
exec _ADD_ITEM_EXTERN
The issue is that the buff's duration in TimedJob has to match in RefSkill and there are many ways to make it permanent, but as for the duration you can set it to -1875767296 which is 28 days.

The param for 28 days is "1667396966 1685418593 -1875767296" so you either do this, remove it altogether (haven't tested) or use one of those "permanent" buff procedures out there.

Because I don't know the param for "infinite"

Edit :
@

The param for duration is "1667396966 1685418593 0" 0 meaning the duration of the buff in RefSkill.
I have found that if you replace all of these 3 values by 0 the GS crashes.

Perhaps @ can explain to you how to make it permanent.

I have just seen some ways to make it permanent, not sure if it's worth the effort for one tiny buff.
There should be another way

You can use the skill param tool to give your players whatever buff you desire.

I mean, you can hide the duration in the client but you have to declare a duration server side, right? And the maximum duration is 28 days in RefSkill, no?

I have used "31852" and "7122" (RefSkill) for 50% extra gold drop (who would have thought we have that, do we have for item drop, too?) and 15% EXP/SP (tweaked it, it was 100% originally), along with some scrolls.

It looks like this :

You can create a procedure that checks if the player has the buff and then it is given to the player again once he logs in/out/deleport or dies (EventID).
I have read that you need to make sure to remove the buff once they log off.
Google "vsro permanent buff". I guess the server owner used that but decided not to display the duration.

31852's parameter is 170239125 200 200 means that your character will get 2% bonus Experience/Skill Experience points.

2 = 0.02% increase
20 = 0.2% increase
200 = 2% increase
2000 = 20% increase
Now, you can create a buff that grants the player a lot of Skill Points and LITTLE Experience Points (very useful for those old-school servers where the Experience rate is low, this boosts up the Skill Point rate only, for example).

OR

Perhaps try to implement is as an active skill and don't declare any duration and see what happens, take a look at other skills to see how an active skill works.

Take a look at Bard's tambour skills.
I have also seen a "fake buff" in the turkish vsro forums.

I think the easiest thing to do is simply make an active skill that lasts (28 days) and the player would have to reuse it every month.

Edit: -1 duration is 50 days!
Thanks
6 Users
Old 04/04/2021, 11:36   #5

elite*gold: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
INSERT INTO _TimedJob VALUES (@NewCharID, 0, 5410, 3600, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

It is a "_AddNewChar" procedure. I took it from RZ.

RED = RefSkill ID (Mine is 100% Drug of Typoon)
GREEN = Duration of the skill

Also, you could hide the time in the skilldata. (client side)

I am not sure, have never done but I hope I have helped you in some way.

Wish people that know how to make it would just post it.

Also, take a look at this :

insert into _TimedJob(CharID,Category,JobID,TimeToKeep,Data1,D ata2,Data3,Data4,Data5,Data6,Data7,Data8,Serial64, JID)values(@NewCharID, 0, 5411, 604800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

Both of them work just make sure to put them under

The issue is that the buff's duration in TimedJob has to match in RefSkill and there are many ways to make it permanent, but as for the duration you can set it to -1875767296 which is 28 days.

The param for 28 days is "1667396966 1685418593 -1875767296" so you either do this, remove it altogether (haven't tested) or use one of those "permanent" buff procedures out there.

Because I don't know the param for "infinite"

Edit :
@

The param for duration is "1667396966 1685418593 0" 0 meaning the duration of the buff in RefSkill.
I have found that if you replace all of these 3 values by 0 the GS crashes.

Perhaps @ can explain to you how to make it permanent.

I have just seen some ways to make it permanent, not sure if it's worth the effort for one tiny buff.
There should be another way

You can use the skill param tool to give your players whatever buff you desire.

I mean, you can hide the duration in the client but you have to declare a duration server side, right? And the maximum duration is 28 days in RefSkill, no?

I have used "31852" and "7122" (RefSkill) for 50% extra gold drop (who would have thought we have that, do we have for item drop, too?) and 15% EXP/SP (tweaked it, it was 100% originally), along with some scrolls.

It looks like this :

You can create a procedure that checks if the player has the buff and then it is given to the player again once he logs in/out/deleport or dies (EventID).
I have read that you need to make sure to remove the buff once they log off.
Google "vsro permanent buff". I guess the server owner used that but decided not to display the duration.

OR

Perhaps try to implement is as an active skill and don't declare any duration and see what happens, take a look at other skills to see how an active skill works.

Take a look at Bard's tambour skills.
I have also seen a "fake buff" in the turkish vsro forums.

I think the easiest thing to do is simply make an active skill that lasts (28 days) and the player would have to reuse it every month.
Thanks alot for your answer, I have found the solution for it now.
You just have to use as Skill parameter 1851946342
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/04/2021, 23:42   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameRPoP View Post
this has nothing to do with GS, it gives you false information. It is possible to do this with DB and client editor. You will only hide the time on the client side.
do i givin him false info can you tell how the honor buffs are givin by?
and he's asking about smth like skills with no duration, also using by timedjob which is not possible be done he needs smth like that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2021, 23:59   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over56 View Post
and he's asking about smth like skills with no duration, also using by timedjob which is not possible be done he needs smth like that.
When a new skill type is added other than the original one, this timer will appear. This member does not want the duration to appear, so I told him that he can turn off the timer by editing the lines with the client. I know the game she is showing her picture of and that buff data is hidden in the client, so the timer info is not visible.

As a result, no whether or not the time appears or not has anything to do with GS.
Old 12/07/2021, 07:24   #8

Quote:
Thanks alot for your answer, I have found the solution for it now.
You just have to use as Skill parameter 1851946342
can you guide me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over56 View Post
can you guide me?
Old 05/12/2023, 22:18   #9

Sorry for the late update.

This is all you need to remove the timer (client side could be just this only):

Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/17/2023, 21:17   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
Sorry for the late update.

This is all you need to remove the timer (client side could be just this only):

how i can make buff stay after teleport is this possible ?
but same as this without time on it