Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I Hate Coin System and Job System

Discussion on I Hate Coin System and Job System within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I Hate Coin System and Job System

GMs must understand that silkroad is an old game, most players are already over 25 years, not everyone has time to do job / CTF / Arena / unique 24 hours a day.
There is no more emotion in dropping SOX, after all it has no value
If the PVM problem is the gold bot, just put IP limit 2 that is solved
Before mentioning that the players who donate have a great advantage in PVM know that in system of coin they also have great advantage, even more, since they do not need farm to drop elixirs.
In PVM server a non-Donata player may be lucky to drop a SOX.

players who buy silk have much more advantage in Job System and coin system, after all they start with Premium Plus + full avatar + reverse for uniques and more .. In battles like CTF and uniques have great advantage over players who do not donate.

i miss ZSZC Fire and Water

sorry for bad english
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/12/2018, 19:02   #2

I need to quote myself here, as I agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by theross View Post
Would someone even play on a "non modded" 120 cap server with low rates, which does NOT "Sell" (donate for silk) stuff?
When I take a look at the current player base, I only see people who want to grind with no effort and rule the world.
What about GM activity? All of the players want a Clown (aka GM) who entertains them with "events".

I really miss those old days where you were playing on a non-modded server, wehre there was absolutely no GM interference, and where was absolutely no "donate-to-get-[insert_something_valubale_here]". Maybe we can make that come true again. The base for this would be a dedi which existence is not depending on donations (got it).
What else? Ah.. player base.. well, that's the problem.

What grinds my gears:
Since about 4 years, I own a "little" dedi on the net. 16g ram, i7. The costs of it are about 25€ / Month. I run personal stuff on it as that was the main reason I rant it. I always thought about just putting a sro server there for the fun, as the server is being paid and used anyway - no matter if there is an empty or full sro server on it.
I was thinking of putting a basic sro server on there, and just let it run: no updates, no big events, no GM interaction, no donation possibilities, but enough ways for the player to get silk by playing. As said - no possibility to buy anythign with real money.
I had that dream in just hosting woithout having to log on the game every day (as I work quite a lot and don't want to "work" to clown-entertain other people). Because the most joy people had on SRO, was when they were on their own.
Anyway... taking a look at the player base, I think that it would just have been a waste of time setting up the server I guess.
4 Years long, the ressources on the server have been used for maybe 10%, yet I still have more or less the same ideology: "Why wasting the ressources of it, if it could bring joy to someone for free?"

Let me know if you already had experiences with "host-it-and-let-it-run-by-itself-without-interefering" aka "absolutely no-profit-hosting" servers and how they are doing. Maybe that would make my hopes up.

Last Words: before someone judges: don't come up telling me that nobody would spend money to offer something for free - In my case I need a machine, no matter if there is a SRO server running on it or not - I have the need of it and its costs are calculated in my fixed costs (like Credit payments, savings, gas, electricity, food, insurance etc..). I'm not financially dependent on 25€ more per month
Old 07/15/2018, 17:52   #3

Exactly. BY FAR the easiest solution to this would limiting the activities properly. This would both balance the gameplay aswell as make it more interesting instead of the no lifers getting end game items in first couple of weeks of 24/7 grinding.

By limiting properly I mean you can achieve whatever daily or weekly limit within couple hours of daily play (on average). Examples to make everything more enjoyable would be making CTF 5-10minutes, BA 10minutes, dungeons should be finished in 30minutes or less even with average gear and jobbing routes, rates, overall flow should be adjusted.

Since the ones that want to play more are now free to pvp, alchemy, even help new players etc. Of course you don't have to make everything achievable within just an hour but make it so that afterwards the rewards will be decreased by a lot to avoid the imbalance between no lifers, donators and casuals. Perhaps it doesn't solve everything but all these current systems could certainly be improved. (if there's even incentive to spend time improving them anymore..)

Also idk. bout others but for me I like to play the game but it becomes so quickly so boring due to having to grind the game like it's your job on these "activity" systems (that is if you want to remain equal). Let's say you go a dungeon 60minutes vs. 15minutes with different spawn and hp flow etc. I'd always choose 10 to 15minutes one with super fast phase than botting or tracing some dungeon or fgws for hours on end.
Old 07/19/2018, 02:08   #4

elite*gold: 118
Different opinions will be going regarding this but about my own opinion I think you are actually mistaken about some of your points. Most of the people here are like you said are over 20 who got their own real life stuff and jobs so their time is limited when it comes to playing an MMORPG "Massively multiplayer online role-playing game" which Silkroad is one of them.

Im sorry to say that this scene is just full of hypocritical opinions about the game and private servers in general. Since most of the people here used to play the original silkroad (iSRO) I would like to ask a question , since when wasn't Silkroad Pay to Play IF you want to achieve something ? Practically it was always like that. Could you go for +15 on iSRO without a Premium Plus ? Did you get your fancy looking avatar on iSRO for free ? Didn't you pay for sBot , phBot , mBot , SroKing back in the days to keep your character online for months just farming some skill points ?. This is Silkroad and it was always like that. There could be a chance you didn't do all of that back in the day but trust me you would have needed to do that if you wanted to reach some where in the game.

Actually talking about MMORPG specifically and games in general these days , can you tell me a game where you don't need to buy some stuff to level up faster or achieve something in the game faster than the others who don't pay for it ? Its just basically how games work now. But on the other hand they are giving you the chance to kind of achieve the same thing but you will need to spend more time doing that which in my eyes is fair enough

I mean you don't want to pay and you don't want to play then what ? Yeah but Im not a non-lifer and I have things to do. Then just play it for the fun , this is actually how it worked for me when I wanted to play. I won't stay for 12 hours playing or doing trade runs but instead i'll just play for 2 hours and in those 2 hours I will make so sure that I had my fun in them. Im not competing with the other people who don't have anything to do other than to play 24/7 or who spend so much money which is their own choice too and nothing is wrong with that , Im just here for the sake of my own fun and that's all. You are sad that you are going to achieve what they achieve in a week in 1 month then let it be like that or just pay for it like you would do in any other game.

People also just seems to be mistaken about the idea of private servers too. I've never had my own private server but what I do know is that it costs money too. They don't get free hosts , they don't advertise for free. And yes Private Servers owners are doing it for the money because why not ? Unless you are someone who are willing to host it for free for the sake of no one knows why.

My conclusion for all of what I just said above is that it was always like that and will always be like so enjoy it the way you want to. And don't dream about Silkroad changing to the better because it never was.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/19/2018, 16:05   #5

@

You cant compare ZSZC to the servers in 2018. Yes, ZSZC and all the other private servers 10 years ago were really enjoyable and fun. They had alot of players and no1 was complaining about pay2win. They had also bugs and corruption was on the highest level ever. There were 10DG items in the item mall of sjsro, which were not even dropable but no1 was complaining about fairness.

You do not miss ZSZC. You actualy miss the feeling of playing isro for years with a minimal progress, because isro rates too hard for a stupid kid(no offence, im talking for myself) with no experience in mmorpg, and then bam zszc appear, so you and your stupid kid friends have the chance to get strong, free to travel all over the silkroad map, discover new places where u havent been before, fight monsters, which were joking with you by killing 1 hit, wear higher lvl weapons and stuff or just watch yourself in a beatiful gay-robe, pose for pictures with all the other 12 yo friends. All of this is so fun, enjoyable, unforgetable, impressive as everything you do for first time after a long wait. But whats the difference between ZSZC and the morern private servers? Yea, they evolved.

In most cases having a successful product means that you fit your client needs. Same as silkroad servers.

Ppl loves to donate, why? Our community loves to donate. Lazier than ever before, seeking for every possible method of easy success.

Why the fairness is so important atm? Ppl are bored. Playing the same game during all of your childhood and even as adult. What else to do, comparing to all the other players. Yea, competition. Silkroad is just a competition and a show off right now nothing else.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/23/2018, 16:51   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icowwww90 View Post
@

You cant compare ZSZC to the servers in 2018. Yes, ZSZC and all the other private servers 10 years ago were really enjoyable and fun. They had alot of players and no1 was complaining about pay2win. They had also bugs and corruption was on the highest level ever. There were 10DG items in the item mall of sjsro, which were not even dropable but no1 was complaining about fairness.

You do not miss ZSZC. You actualy miss the feeling of playing isro for years with a minimal progress, because isro rates too hard for a stupid kid(no offence, im talking for myself) with no experience in mmorpg, and then bam zszc appear, so you and your stupid kid friends have the chance to get strong, free to travel all over the silkroad map, discover new places where u havent been before, fight monsters, which were joking with you by killing 1 hit, wear higher lvl weapons and stuff or just watch yourself in a beatiful gay-robe, pose for pictures with all the other 12 yo friends. All of this is so fun, enjoyable, unforgetable, impressive as everything you do for first time after a long wait. But whats the difference between ZSZC and the morern private servers? Yea, they evolved.

In most cases having a successful product means that you fit your client needs. Same as silkroad servers.

Ppl loves to donate, why? Our community loves to donate. Lazier than ever before, seeking for every possible method of easy success.

Why the fairness is so important atm? Ppl are bored. Playing the same game during all of your childhood and even as adult. What else to do, comparing to all the other players. Yea, competition. Silkroad is just a competition and a show off right now nothing else.
You're freaking missed, dear Icoow!! ^^ [I guess you won't remember me xD]
Old 07/23/2018, 19:17   #7

Received Thanks: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by icowwww90 View Post
If People were smart, they wouldn't donate 20€ into a SRO Privatserver but into a MMORPG with a Subscription.

What you get is 3-6 Month Updates that puts ton of Content into these Games and are Top-Notch Quality.
Let's not forget, you have no Pay2Win Elements in that type of MMORPG, not even a Level Boost is considered as Pay2Win Element anymore if you push yourself to Level 60 when the Level Cap is 70 at that moment. The Fact it takes you maybe 3-5 Days from Level 1 to Level 70 makes the Boost in most MMORPGs pointless.

I see Players here that donate over 50€ in a single Privatserver and just Facepalm everytime when they complain how "Bad" Silkroad actually is.

Silkroad is dead, no matter what, a typical MMORPG : ESO, WoW, FFXIV sustain over 500.000 Players if not even close to 1.000.000 without counting the Multi-Characters.

Silkroad has maybe 10.000? Probably even less, this is a Joke for a MMORPG and usually a Point where the Company is kinda forced to close it down.

I played 4 Servers so far and they all had the same Problem : Lack of Community and Bot Usage.
What's the Point if everyone just Bots the entire Week when you see no Players in the PvP Spots?

Fortress War is a single time Event and that's that, the Game basically offers nothing besides that except the good 'ol Uniques, Alchemy, Jobbing and PvP.

4 Gameplay Features vs 100 Gameplay Features in a Buy2Play / Sub2Play MMORPG.
Know the worth of your Money, afterall I believe most of the People have Grown Up and work at this Point, they definitely deserve better.
Old 07/24/2018, 09:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite. View Post
You're freaking missed, dear Icoow!! ^^ [I guess you won't remember me xD]
Of,course i do remember you, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolill0 View Post
I played 4 Servers so far and they all had the same Problem : Lack of Community and Bot Usage.
What's the Point if everyone just Bots the entire Week when you see no Players in the PvP Spots?

Fortress War is a single time Event and that's that, the Game basically offers nothing besides that except the good 'ol Uniques, Alchemy, Jobbing and PvP.
You will see a real lack of community if there is no bot usage. Every1 is too busy with the competition to fight in a PVP. Pvp area is getting populated after ppl get almost full end-game weps and equipment. The player count drops after every fortress war. Whole guilds are joining servers just to try their luck in the fortress and then leave if they fail. Whole community jumps from server to another.
PVP spots = show-off spots. So even if the pvp area is full you are not guaranteed to find some1 you can fight with
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2018, 09:50   #9

coins,upgrade,craft,awaken are rubbish
only arab love it
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2018, 11:41   #10

Actually, there are a lot of games where ONLY skill matters. The only reason I personally still like sro (and I do think this is actually a notable portion of the playerbase at this point) is because I know everything about the game, buy silk, play occasionally, yet still be on the top and have fun without the 1234 spam for the 500th time. Instant gratification at its finest.
Although it has gotten more boring nowadays with these new systems and maturing players since most of the people can actually buy silk, or no life to be equal. If anyone thinks its more pay2win now (pservers), they're plain dumb.
Old 08/03/2018, 15:42   #11

elite*gold: 20
I am running a free server for other development purposes. I shall tell you one thing. When I invited people , they started playing and once they maxed their chars (that is when you expect them to go PvP do jobbing and caravan etc.) instead they said there is nothing else to do in server so either introduce a new feature or we will quit. Guess what happened next?
Old 08/08/2018, 20:56   #12

I add GuildWar but client crash...how fix

up help me....
Old 08/12/2018, 20:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur jonathan View Post
i miss ZSZC Fire and Water
Prepare yourself for Zeus online.
a real oldschool server , not like nowadays servers. it gonna be cap 80 like old isro times.
Old 08/13/2018, 21:24   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ŧǿρĤ View Post
Prepare yourself for Zeus online.
a real oldschool server , not like nowadays servers. it gonna be cap 80 like old isro times.
yay, with "donate" aka PAY for Silk / Silk Items, Clown GM events adn so on, aye?
Old 08/14/2018, 03:01   #15

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by theross View Post
yay, with "donate" aka PAY for Silk / Silk Items, Clown GM events adn so on, aye?
wow so true
to be fair, it's inevitable, no one will keep an online server without donations i mean not everyone is making thousands per month to pay for a €120+ server without any income.
+ "no donation servers" are never taken seriously. always ends up with 50 players online max