Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What is over edited to you?

Discussion on What is over edited to you? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 06/21/2017, 10:28   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow* View Post
Most of the p-sro population are now controlled by guild leaders. It doesn't matter how good or new your stuff is, if you can't get the guild leaders to play, you will get an empty server.
You surely know how SRO scene works now. For me, personally, over-edited silkroad servers are when you try to achievem something like Elamidas -> adding zombie event in SRO. Well.. Zombies are fun and all, but the game's story is in the mid ages, which somehow doesn't fit zombies. As long as u keep improving game features and make it interesting to play it will be always fine. Of course that includes bugless server. Making a server, and only fixing gaymax's **** (which is basically reworking the game as you know) will never work. You will always have players who will spam you stuff like "Man, ur srv veri krall, bat missing switcher, missing models, missing dis, missing dat, odar serv all hef, dis no hef, y?".. and then what happens? If you wanna keep your players you will start adding such stuff. So what is common today on the sro-scene can't be called over-edited, I think.
Old 06/21/2017, 16:31   #17

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyGhost View Post
You surely know how SRO scene works now. For me, personally, over-edited silkroad servers are when you try to achievem something like Elamidas -> adding zombie event in SRO. Well.. Zombies are fun and all, but the game's story is in the mid ages, which somehow doesn't fit zombies. As long as u keep improving game features and make it interesting to play it will be always fine. Of course that includes bugless server. Making a server, and only fixing gaymax's **** (which is basically reworking the game as you know) will never work. You will always have players who will spam you stuff like "Man, ur srv veri krall, bat missing switcher, missing models, missing dis, missing dat, odar serv all hef, dis no hef, y?".. and then what happens? If you wanna keep your players you will start adding such stuff. So what is common today on the sro-scene can't be called over-edited, I think.
Stuff like Zombie event and such are meant to be there for a certain period of time, just like the snowman event (aka winter event I guess) where you have to kill the snowman around the map for rewards.
Over-edited is the character glows and character name color change scroll, but it might be fine for some others.
I didn't play Elamidas, nor had the chance to work with the team from the very beginning of the development. But, I enjoyed working with them later on. Something I like and I'm kinda trying to improve is the marriage system they had (it wont be the same as theirs of course). If the majority of players asked for something we can add it if it makes them happy, even if some people didn't like it they actually have to face the truth (just like the u.s citizens have to deal with D. Trump)
Old 06/22/2017, 10:58   #18

Quote:
Stuff like Zombie event and such are meant to be there for a certain period of time, just like the snowman event (aka winter event I guess) where you have to kill the snowman around the map for rewards.
Over-edited is the character glows and character name color change scroll, but it might be fine for some others.
I didn't play Elamidas, nor had the chance to work with the team from the very beginning of the development. But, I enjoyed working with them later on. Something I like and I'm kinda trying to improve is the marriage system they had (it wont be the same as theirs of course). If the majority of players asked for something we can add it if it makes them happy, even if some people didn't like it they actually have to face the truth (just like the u.s citizens have to deal with D. Trump)
So you mean to tell me that an AK47 fits just nice in the game's century? It's 1 thing having snow event with mystical creatures like White Knights and such stuff. But come one, an AK47... for real? That's not over-edited? I am out..
Old 06/22/2017, 11:07   #19

Quote:
So you mean to tell me that an AK47 fits just nice in the game's century? It's 1 thing having snow event with mystical creatures like White Knights and such stuff. But come one, an AK47... for real? That's not over-edited? I am out..
What would you say about that new futuristic avatars? It doesn't fit too, for sure!
Old 06/22/2017, 14:54   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite. View Post
What would you say about that new futuristic avatars? It doesn't fit too, for sure!
Agreed.
Old 06/23/2017, 20:46   #21

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Oh come on.... you're telling me that those AK47s and M4A1s in Elamidas were not cool?
Lol sorry, I actually just added them for fun... then akasch came up with the whole freaking zombie idea.

OT: To me... an over edited server is not about the features that it offers, but about how these edits are executed. In my opinion, all of the edits that Elamidas has/had have been executed well, and so I think they fit in pretty well and are not considered "over-edited". There are good edits that are done well, that scream quality... and there are fucking joke edits.

I think features such as these zombie events you are talking about... while they don't fit in the whole theme of SRO... it's not an over edit because it's introducing a new way of playing the game, instead of doing the same thing over and over again, which gets boring.

This is a private server section... honestly the term of "over-edit" should not even be applied to us as the private server community. The server is PRIVATE, not official, and so whoever is developing it is free to do what they want to do, and the players who play it can decide to like it or not.

*cough* bad *cough*
Old 06/29/2017, 00:31   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simulation1337 View Post
Oh come on.... you're telling me that those AK47s and M4A1s in Elamidas were not cool?
Lol sorry, I actually just added them for fun... then akasch came up with the whole freaking zombie idea.

OT: To me... an over edited server is not about the features that it offers, but about how these edits are executed. In my opinion, all of the edits that Elamidas has/had have been executed well, and so I think they fit in pretty well and are not considered "over-edited". There are good edits that are done well, that scream quality... and there are fucking joke edits.

I think features such as these zombie events you are talking about... while they don't fit in the whole theme of SRO... it's not an over edit because it's introducing a new way of playing the game, instead of doing the same thing over and over again, which gets boring.

This is a private server section... honestly the term of "over-edit" should not even be applied to us as the private server community. The server is PRIVATE, not official, and so whoever is developing it is free to do what they want to do, and the players who play it can decide to like it or not.

*cough* bad *cough*
Players no longer decide.
Like Snow said, guildleaders do and the sheep follow along.
Old 06/29/2017, 11:11   #23

Quote:
The title explains the main point of the thread quite well.

In the recent p-sro scene, I noticed that players complaining about over-edited servers and that known definition 'End Game Content'.

However, I would like to hear your ideas as a loyal player to p-sro about those two points.

Knowing that if you just have an idea which looks impossible to be done. Just tell us, We are pretty sure we can get it done.
Take a look at electus, elamidas, piooner, conflict and other ****** servers. That's what over edited server is.

Make a server like project hax sro and I'll donate 100$ there.
Old 06/29/2017, 13:27   #24

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simulation1337 View Post

*cough* bad *cough*

Those pictures are my definition of over-edited. You can usually tell when someone is over edited because the GM's main char will be called

<HEAD-ADMIN><BIG GM><LEADER>Admin<MAINOWNER>
Old 06/29/2017, 14:33   #25

elite*gold: 38
old is gold ^^
Old 07/01/2017, 14:46   #26

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_3_3_7v2 View Post
Take a look at electus, elamidas, piooner, conflict and other ****** servers. That's what over edited server is.

Some ingame modification are meant as endgame content and others are meant to entertain the players as they play. I guess this is the future of p-sro now. I did try to create a vanilla server and all I got is around 500 players (I was working alone). Conflict online for example... relaunched a few times and every time players joined cause big guilds were there.
Old 07/01/2017, 17:17   #27

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_3_3_7v2 View Post

inb4 you have to ask slaz 50x for 2$ to donate that 100$ )))
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/01/2017, 23:00   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
inb4 you have to ask slaz 50x for 2$ to donate that 100$ )))
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Old 07/08/2017, 16:48   #29

Last thing to say, Snow...

What would you say if the whole sheep crew doesn't actually care? For example, Players often choose their servers according to CAP level and maybe some small features.

If I'm a normal player, I won't care if it was overedited or no.

If it is Cap 100 with huge crowd all over the server will fit me perfectly EVEN if it was the most-over-edited server ever created.

Over-edited or no? Who cares...

I think players don't give a huge attention to this point because they don't want really to play in a less-edited server but got no players or maybe high-level-cap even though there actually exist some who like playing in high-level-cap.

What really creates the gap here, my friend, Snow, is, to be honest, three things.

*Cap
*How many players?
*Trolololo... sheep. If you look closely, this is photoshop !
Old 07/09/2017, 13:58   #30

anything beyod the current existing gameplay is technically - overditted

Tags
ideas, p-sro, silkroad