Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Reminder]Regarding DDoS

Discussion on [Reminder]Regarding DDoS within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
[Reminder]Regarding DDoS

I have been receiving a lot of reports toward this

I'll make this clear and even mention @, @, @ and @ to let them know the situation

Ill put this clear

DDoS(Distributed Denial of Service) is both not allowed on the forum and also considered a federal crime by many governments(Germany and US being the ones mostly mentioned here)

By the same reason, those requesting DDoS services will be treated as DDoSers as well, hence the rules of the forum will apply

DDoS is not allowed and punishment will apply to those that do it on this forum. Being threats or gloats, the rules will apply and an infraction or ban will be issued

I hope I made myself clear
Thanks
14 Users
Old 04/04/2016, 03:21   #2

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
#Reserved for hate

Great idea. I'll hate later.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2016, 07:20   #3

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Then go ahead and delete all exploits on the release section. Since they are "DoS" anyway.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/04/2016, 08:48   #4

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
If DDoS'ing is not allowed, any kind of exploit shouldn't be allowed, as it's still somewhat "illegal".After all, this forum has a hacks section, and sometimes the owners can't make the difference between a DDoS and a exploit.

If this is the case, then please remove completely hacks section.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2016, 11:30   #5

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,415
This is great.

Also about exploits released on release section can be counted as a kind of help to protect your server not to use it against people.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2016, 11:36   #6
Administrator

elite*gold: 25907
The Black Market: 154/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
If DDoS'ing is not allowed, any kind of exploit shouldn't be allowed, as it's still somewhat "illegal".After all, this forum has a hacks section, and sometimes the owners can't make the difference between a DDoS and a exploit.

There is a huge different between DDoS and exploits! You can find exploits on servers when you search for them, you don't hurt no one with that, you can tell the owner about the exploit so they can fix it.
A DDoS attack is wantonly damage of the server.
You can't compare those both things.
Old 04/04/2016, 12:12   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by αи∂ιι View Post
There is a huge different between DDoS and exploits! You can find exploits on servers when you search for them, you don't hurt no one with that, you can tell the owner about the exploit so they can fix it.
A DDoS attack is wantonly damage of the server.
You can't compare those both things.
Please just stop posting.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2016, 13:09   #8
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:

this is both right and wrong at the same time

why right? Cuz people use those exploits to DDoS. Why wrong? Because you dont necessarily need to DDoS the server to crash it. Those exploit work fine but the DDoS is what keeps the servers down

Aside, some of the DDoSers do not use those exploits at all and they just keep the server under a huge network stress, eventually crashing any service

Since this IS a hack forum, the distribution of tools or methods to hack is allowed
Old 04/04/2016, 13:39   #9

Exploiting tools are DoS(Denial of Service) as LastThief mentioned, they do the same thing as a DDoS attack, in both cases there's a fix, either pay someone to fix the exploit or fix it yourself, or if you want to have a proper project up and running pay a DDoS protection company such as HyperFilter.If you don't want DDoS'ers to gather on a hack forum, it shouldn't be called a hack forum in the first place.

Advertisement is free, nothing that you have to pay for, it's nobody's concern what happens over there as long as it's not a direct attack to epvp, which is not, and I'm pretty sure epvp doesn't want people like us changing our opinion and targets.

And whether an admin reads this or not, I don't really care if they're offended by my opinion over this "rule".
Old 04/04/2016, 14:06   #10

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Exploiting tools are DoS(Denial of Service) as LastThief mentioned, they do the same thing as a DDoS attack, in both cases there's a fix, either pay someone to fix the exploit or fix it yourself, or if you want to have a proper project up and running pay a DDoS protection company such as HyperFilter.If you don't want DDoS'ers to gather on a hack forum, it shouldn't be called a hack forum in the first place.

Advertisement is free, nothing that you have to pay for, it's nobody's concern what happens over there as long as it's not a direct attack to epvp, which is not, and I'm pretty sure epvp doesn't want people like us changing our opinion and targets.

And whether an admin reads this or not, I don't really care if they're offended by my opinion over this "rule".
DOS based exploit tools DONT do the same as a DDOS attack. Where did that kind of misconception even come from?

A dos based exploit tool released helps every1 fix the issue.

@
Since you you clearly dislike the forum because, according to your sense, the rule is ****.. Y no go look for other ones? Nothing binds nor keeps ya.

#GrabPopcornBitches. Grab it!
Old 04/04/2016, 16:10   #11

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
Then go ahead and delete all exploits on the release section. Since they are "DoS" anyway.
Well, actually not "all". Only the flood ****. Some exploits are just abusing the **** handling on the server-end which I think is the worst kind of exploits.

I think we're cool as long as we prevent the "please tell me how to hack serwlar" threads and cut the public threatening. Exploit releases has both good and bad sides as you know. Some of them give clues about how other exploits might work, people with brains will simply block it.

Also which is better? A new exploit being released or one that is silently being used against some people?
Old 04/04/2016, 16:53   #12

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Whereas I'm not a Moderator on this section, I thought I'd put my word in it. Or rather, phrase it a bit differently. I guess it's just my opinion on it.

We all probably understand, that when you do put out a pserver, it has a possibility of getting ddos'd. We can't control that. It isn't our site and we can't control what people do. It's a given.

The same with exploits, if they are leaked, or found out. People may or may not abuse them. Some are also regarded as a means to get fixed so your pserver won't get abused in that fashion. Due to the means of this being a hack forum, or well. A strong connection to hacks. They can be posted, but we can't control the manner in which people use them.

It's like if I gave out X bug to get Y currency. Some people will use it to gain a little bit of cash, some people will abuse the hell out of it. Making millions.

However, ddosing isn't allowed. Sure, we can't stop you ddosing people. If you do, you probably will regardless of what we say. However, advertising yourself as a ddosing service, or threatening people isn't allowed. It's baiting, provoking a negative reaction causing all sorts of mess. Someone calling out in a post "I'm going to ddos you" is probably going to get warned/infracted. It's illegal or just out right unnecessary. If I was to lower it down to the simplest form, it's a threat. Which can be warned.

It's the same with the Black Market, we don't want people selling non-legitimately gained accounts.

Of course, this is merely my opinion. And whereas I do agree with it, if people do disagree with it, you are more than welcome to post your thoughts on it (without going too far). Rules are rules, even if you don't agree with one of them, it's still a rule.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 04/04/2016, 18:36   #13

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
Whereas I'm not a Moderator on this section, I thought I'd put my word in it. Or rather, phrase it a bit differently. I guess it's just my opinion on it.

We all probably understand, that when you do put out a pserver, it has a possibility of getting ddos'd. We can't control that. It isn't our site and we can't control what people do. It's a given.

The same with exploits, if they are leaked, or found out. People may or may not abuse them. Some are also regarded as a means to get fixed so your pserver won't get abused in that fashion. Due to the means of this being a hack forum, or well. A strong connection to hacks. They can be posted, but we can't control the manner in which people use them.

It's like if I gave out X bug to get Y currency. Some people will use it to gain a little bit of cash, some people will abuse the hell out of it. Making millions.

However, ddosing isn't allowed. Sure, we can't stop you ddosing people. If you do, you probably will regardless of what we say. However, advertising yourself as a ddosing service, or threatening people isn't allowed. It's baiting, provoking a negative reaction causing all sorts of mess. Someone calling out in a post "I'm going to ddos you" is probably going to get warned/infracted. It's illegal or just out right unnecessary. If I was to lower it down to the simplest form, it's a threat. Which can be warned.

It's the same with the Black Market, we don't want people selling non-legitimately gained accounts.

Of course, this is merely my opinion. And whereas I do agree with it, if people do disagree with it, you are more than welcome to post your thoughts on it (without going too far). Rules are rules, even if you don't agree with one of them, it's still a rule.
I can't believe I actually read all that, I'm still a bit overwhelmed by your fancy words.

(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
Well, actually not "all". Only the flood crap. Some exploits are just abusing the shit handling on the server-end which I think is the worst kind of exploits.

I think we're cool as long as we prevent the "please tell me how to hack serwlar" threads and cut the public threatening. Exploit releases has both good and bad sides as you know. Some of them give clues about how other exploits might work, people with brains will simply block it.

Also which is better? A new exploit being released or one that is silently being used against some people?
To be honest, the flood exploits was the unstoppable force once upon a time.

Spamming char login screen packet to overload the agentserver msg count was genius.
Old 04/04/2016, 19:07   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
Whereas I'm not a Moderator on this section, I thought I'd put my word in it. Or rather, phrase it a bit differently. I guess it's just my opinion on it.I even showed the thread with the official board rules and everyone could see that there's nothing related to this over there, so it's pretty much invalid to me, at least.

We've had a long talk on discord on this subject, and what I wanna point out to you is that in epvp's terms, it shouldn't allow publishing illegal copyrighted games, this is a private servers environment, a game that belongs to joymax and no one has any legal license to run a pserver, therefore epvp is breaking "the law" as PortalDark keeps calling it, so I don't really see the difference between someone asking for a certain DOS tool to use it on something that is already illegal.That's what it says upon registration that epvp is not allowing to illegally publish copyrighted games.Besides in the global thread about board rules it doesn't say anything about what's mentioned here, just because admins have a private talk with the mods and they come here sending the message, that doesn't make it valid, as its not written in the official board rules.

So yea, you know, either make it official for everyone to clearly see it or don't bother with it.
Old 04/04/2016, 19:53   #15

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Quote:
We've had a long talk on discord on this subject, and what I wanna point out to you is that in epvp's terms, it shouldn't allow publishing illegal copyrighted games, this is a private servers environment, a game that belongs to joymax and no one has any legal license to run a pserver, therefore epvp is breaking "the law" as PortalDark keeps calling it, so I don't really see the difference between someone asking for a certain DOS tool to use it on something that is already illegal.That's what it says upon registration that epvp is not allowing to illegally publish copyrighted games.Besides in the global thread about board rules it doesn't say anything about what's mentioned here, just because admins have a private talk with the mods and they come here sending the message, that doesn't make it valid, as its not written in the official board rules.

So yea, you know, either make it official for everyone to clearly see it or don't bother with it.
Of course, in a pserver environment, it isn't allowed. And I do understand what you are trying to say, and it's quite a grey area, but there are some things we are willing to tolerate, or vise versa.

Just because one thing is allowed, doesn't mean all things are allowed. Just because Pservers are allowed, why aren't cracks/warez allowed? In my section, there are also PServers and sometimes crack for bots happen, if the user requests them to be deleted (providing they show proof it's their work) we remove it. The company has closed down PServers in my section as well.

It doesn't matter if it is not in the global rules or not, if we create a rule (and ultimately, the Admins choose to agree with it) it's there. It's a rule. I have section rules in addition to the global rules, if you are posting in my area, you have to obey both the Global rules, and the section rules.

You could also argue that we aren't publishing it, you are. Same with torrent sites. Either way, if you were to do a ddos threat in my section, I would warn you/infract you for at least baiting/threatening another user.

What I'm meaning to say is, just because X is allowed, doesn't mean Y and Z is allowed. We are allowed to make rules and act accordingly if we desire it a necessary action. As much as people may dislike a rule, it's still a rule which we enforce.

If you seriously, seriously disagree with it that much. Please know that the is always there. You can always show your point there if you don't believe it should be a rule. Higher members of staff can then say if they also agree or disagree.
Closed Thread