Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Discussing about a little thing

Discussion on Discussing about a little thing within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/20/2012, 20:20   #31

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
chernobyl didn't hack them, he merely leaked them. They really have no grounds to sue him. And I doubt they know who the actually hackers were
WebDAV (upload and download) was turned on... *hides*
Old 08/21/2012, 10:28   #32

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
chernobyl didn't hack them, he merely leaked them. They really have no grounds to sue him. And I doubt they know who the actually hackers were
Actually chernobyl was connected to the test server of vsro per remote desktop connection.

The website had bugs in the billing scripts from which he gathered information and was able to hack more trough it.
Old 08/21/2012, 10:58   #33

hun, he leaked them, not hacked.
I wouldn't say 'hacked' when you had 100% access to them.
Old 08/21/2012, 11:10   #34

Define hacked and Define leaked.
Old 08/21/2012, 11:15   #35

Hacked ; Having bypassed the security restrictions of a computer system.

Leaked ; Released to the press, or given out to the people.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2012, 11:17   #36

Received Thanks: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGN | Falcon View Post
hun, he leaked them, not hacked.
I wouldn't say 'hacked' when you had 100% access to them.
I don't know how Cherno did it, but I know how 'someone else' did it. WebDAV upload and download was enabled, so billing server scripts were accessible and you could upload your own scripts and execute them. And by using the SQL login details in the billing scripts, you could connect to the SQL server and do all kinds of 'nasty' things.

I would call that hacking.
Old 08/21/2012, 11:21   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGN | Falcon View Post
Hacked ; Having bypassed the security restrictions of a computer system.

Leaked ; Released to the press, or given out to the people.
He did both.
I remember the day, when the files were only by 4 peoples.
Then came chernobyl, found a way to execute his scripts on the billing server also, and did his job.
Old 08/21/2012, 11:26   #38

For someone like Joymax sueing a pserver from Europe would result with more expenses than winnings. Its pointless for them. The first thing they should do is send some closing notifications and reduce the number of the pservers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2012, 13:33   #39

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by glialka View Post
Actually chernobyl was connected to the test server of vsro per remote desktop connection.

The website had bugs in the billing scripts from which he gathered information and was able to hack more trough it.
Well, I surely know that chernobyl wasn't the one who discovered the exploit/security hole. Nor do I think he actually has the skills for that. I am rather sure about it. He merely leaked them, which was a really really bad move. Either way, I'm not sure why it took so long for the files to get hacked, if you look at how many files we have now, I wonder why it didn't happen the 5 years before that...
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2012, 13:41   #40

Quote:
Well, I surely know that chernobyl wasn't the one who discovered the exploit/security hole. Nor do I think he actually has the skills for that. I am rather sure about it. He merely leaked them, which was a really really bad move. Either way, I'm not sure why it took so long for the files to get hacked, if you look at how many files we have now, I wonder why it didn't happen the 5 years before that...
It's a chain reaction. Not a lot of people tried to hack joymax till someone found the exploit in the vsro test server then a lot of wanna be hackers probably tried to hack and find a lot of other servers. Mabye they had the same exploit or mabye they don't but I think that the vsro hack woke some people up who started hacking.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2012, 14:02   #41

epvp should have its own meme

"did someone say , brag about who hacked vsro files first thread?"
Old 08/22/2012, 10:53   #42

Soon as the sro as we know it came to an end, leaving two pserver daily new ...

It seems Sro the same **** that Mu Online
Old 08/25/2012, 01:11   #43

this thread is rly exciting, get it back to life!

OT: imo its not a strange thing, everything that has a begging, has an ending, and no one stays the best and no one stays worst. Silkroad Online will never stay good, of course someday it will fall and it may rise again.

About the suing thing, why dont they just ddos every single server out there, but not a normal ddos like elder does, a huge one that no one can handle a small amount of it. **** the law if its their right to do such a thing.

One more thing, IMO, Ex-SroR's owner is either Ocean or JOYMAX itself, its like u are a businesses man who owns a company that imports and exports anything and ur prices are 50$ dollars per one. Now, another company came and imported the same thing but for 25$, what would u do ? If u do nothing, u will lose tons of money because u paid money and didnt get it back. But if u lower ur prices and make it for 20$, u are the winner. You killed the other company and didnt lose 100% of ur money, u lost about 60%

Comparing it to sro, I have a game and it's files are leaked and ppl left me to go to the easier servers, if i do nothing and stand still, they will continue leaving and if i create another server with a ******* pwnage things in it under a new name, they will come to me, its true that i will lose players on Isro, but i will get the back on my private-server.
Old 08/25/2012, 01:27   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDarky View Post
this thread is rly exciting, get it back to life!

OT: imo its not a strange thing, everything that has a begging, has an ending, and no one stays the best and no one stays worst. Silkroad Online will never stay good, of course someday it will fall and it may rise again.

About the suing thing, why dont they just ddos every single server out there, but not a normal ddos like elder does, a huge one that no one can handle a small amount of it. **** the law if its their right to do such a thing.

One more thing, IMO, Ex-SroR's owner is either Ocean or JOYMAX itself, its like u are a businesses man who owns a company that imports and exports anything and ur prices are 50$ dollars per one. Now, another company came and imported the same thing but for 25$, what would u do ? If u do nothing, u will lose tons of money because u paid money and didnt get it back. But if u lower ur prices and make it for 20$, u are the winner. You killed the other company and didnt lose 100% of ur money, u lost about 60%

Comparing it to sro, I have a game and it's files are leaked and ppl left me to go to the easier servers, if i do nothing and stand still, they will continue leaving and if i create another server with a ******* pwnage things in it under a new name, they will come to me, its true that i will lose players on Isro, but i will get the back on my private-server.
you mean Ex-SroR is joymax
since the owner of this server , work like them xd
or looks like them
Old 08/25/2012, 01:30   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over-Limit View Post
you mean Ex-SroR is joymax
since the owner of this server , work like them xd
or looks like them
im not sure 100% as i said, its either Ocean or Joymax, not someone else.

and both of them are asians and as we all know, ASIANS HAVE CHEATCODES FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread