Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Security] Come and Secure your server from Hack&attack[Service]

Discussion on [Security] Come and Secure your server from Hack&attack[Service] within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 07/18/2012, 00:14   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
LOL,menz my instl firewal no DDoS?

Best way to protect yourself against DDoS= unplug network cable(100% success)
I bet you 500$ I can still DDoS you with an unplugged pc, deal?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/18/2012, 02:42   #17

elite*gold: 120
There's no DDoS Protect , While the main script upload many of mb to the main attacked IP which you're set it into your script . Just one .
Create a script into your server to block any ip uploads any threads of main connection more than 50 mb = No one can ddos you at least for 1 min .
If at least pathetic script sending 500kb @200 thread , root / main ip will be blocked.
Old 07/18/2012, 03:09   #18

elite*gold: 844
okay are you all okay now guys i can do it and i know how DDosing is work and about Haxor or what ever his name when i talk to him i told him just basics about how to know who is DDosing you didnt ltill him how to prevent it and i dont prevent it 100% or even 90% i just can make your server handel it for good time to block who ever ddosing you

but i can say now that's im totaly wrong to make this post here cuz im sure now this is the worst place in the whole internet thx for feedback guys seya but for who didnt flame here im gonna just share a lill something i have learned to block who ddosing you

Cya
Old 07/18/2012, 08:43   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post

Old 07/18/2012, 09:37   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mats0o0o0 View Post
okay are you all okay now guys i can do it and i know how DDosing is work and about Haxor or what ever his name when i talk to him i told him just basics about how to know who is DDosing you didnt ltill him how to prevent it and i dont prevent it 100% or even 90% i just can make your server handel it for good time to block who ever ddosing you

but i can say now that's im totaly wrong to make this post here cuz im sure now this is the worst place in the whole internet thx for feedback guys seya but for who didnt flame here im gonna just share a lill something i have learned to block who ddosing you

Cya
Really blocking whoever is dossing you? That might work if the person or botnet uses their own pc which doesn't make any sense but with simple ip spoofing you can't block anything.

Also even if you manage to refuse all the packets and connection from the attackers there is still something called bandwidth which you can run out of. Depending on how big the ddos is it could send so much data that there isn't any left from normal users.

Owh and epvp the worst place on the internet to post this? I don't think so it's probably a really good place since you get criticized A LOT and people are most likely flaming but that gives you a chance to prove them wrong ect.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/18/2012, 09:57   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
Deal! plys no men!!! y cry
Old 07/18/2012, 23:10   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_owner View Post
Really blocking whoever is dossing you? That might work if the person or botnet uses their own pc which doesn't make any sense but with simple ip spoofing you can't block anything.

Also even if you manage to refuse all the packets and connection from the attackers there is still something called bandwidth which you can run out of. Depending on how big the ddos is it could send so much data that there isn't any left from normal users.

Owh and epvp the worst place on the internet to post this? I don't think so it's probably a really good place since you get criticized A LOT and people are most likely flaming but that gives you a chance to prove them wrong ect.
i will answer you just cuz i know that's the one who have really knowledge here
and im still say that's the worst place on the internet

well Haxor have ddos at his own server and i told him just some basics to know the ip who ddosing him and it's machin ip as he said so it's static ip which i can block the connection between him and haxor server it's to easy
Old 07/19/2012, 12:25   #23

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mats0o0o0 View Post
i will answer you just cuz i know that's the one who have really knowledge here
and im still say that's the worst place on the internet

well Haxor have ddos at his own server and i told him just some basics to know the ip who ddosing him and it's machin ip as he said so it's static ip which i can block the connection between him and haxor server it's to easy
There is something called ip spoofing seriously you know about networking ? >.>
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/19/2012, 12:54   #24

even if the attackers doesn't spoof it's ip/ips then you still receive data which you have to block.

It takes time to block all those messages and let the legit ones trough so even if you block the connection it could just be too much to block causing lag or even the server to crash.

and like I said before the bandwidth could also become and issue.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/20/2012, 00:45   #25

Trying to protect your self against DDoS is a very very difficult and ongoing task! There is no one time service which can "Stop" "Reduce" "Mitigate" or what ever words you want to use to protect your server from DDoS. Its a ongoing process and you have to monitor whats happenig on your server to ensure your reducing the effects of DDoS. So i think its pointless when people try offering these services and just lol. There is no one time service which ppl keep offering which will really have any noticable improvments. Just basic protection at best! And the ppl that do offer this are just trying to line thier pockets with easy money.

People need to learn how to protect,reduce the effects from DDoS thier selfs for thier server. Otherwise Its something which will just keep happening to them and will never get better, And if im honest i dont think it will ge better. This DDoS game has only began!
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/20/2012, 02:57   #26

okay i think you are right but there is some basic protection you must do for your server and it can help you when your server get ddos attack but to get good protect and i say very good protection then you must have hardware firewall and cloud service and this is very expensive that's why i offer some basics protection that's alot of ppl here dont know

anyway guys service is off i well not do it anyway for anyone from elitepvpers
Old 07/20/2012, 12:15   #27

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
There is something called ip spoofing seriously you know about networking ? >.>
Umm, transmission control protocol (tcp) has a protection against such actions (sequence control, that's why it's named transmission control protocol actually hhhhh). UDP is way simplier, and doesent... well, most of applications uses TCP/IP at the moment, i don't think you would really put such amount of effort into spoofing your ip address in udp protocol context. Plus, server/or whatever else can compare remote client mac/ip address stuff. Yeah, you can "spoof" it using VPNs, proxies etc but that still doesent make you 100% ninja. Most of weri serious websites & sh*t at the moment uses some more catchy methods of determining remote client ip address (like running some client-side scripts through browser etc, that's one of main reasons krall menz usually disable JS execution while doing something evil). So, what i'm trying to say: yeah, you can hide it, but you can be never be sure someone wont get it, if he has enough knowledge and good point for it.
Thanks
3 Users