Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Own Server - Few Questions

Discussion on Own Server - Few Questions within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 8
Post Own Server - Few Questions

I got this idea to open my own server. When I was younger and addicted to SRO, I already had this idea but no money.

Before I start, i just have a few, short questions.

1. How many players are there on the most popular PServers?

2. How much money to spend for a good working PServer at the beginning?

3. Is it possible, that the pserver gets banned/closed?

4. Is it still profitable in this time? (havent played SRO for 3 years now)

Thank you very much.
Old 09/06/2020, 18:36   #2

elite*gold: 0
Heyho.

1. Totally different. From 700-2500
2. Depends on what is your idea. Dedicated server (forget these cheap noname VPS, useless...) costs around 100-130 euros per month what's fair enough to keep the server alive. Domain isn't much money, few euros. You can find packet and exploit filters at Release section, whats more than enough for a first pserver.
3. the chance are close to zero.
4. Don't look at it like a business or a job. Yes, your effort can be honored via donation, but you will not be millionair or rich. If you keep your focus on bucks, you'll loose the focus on community, on the "fun part" and the server going to down as soon as possible.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/06/2020, 19:13   #3

How much time does it take to setup all these things and get the server started?

Just give a real, approximate time... With all these tutorials but first server.
Old 09/06/2020, 19:21   #4

Few hours if everything goes right. But send me a pm with your discord and i can help you if it is needed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/06/2020, 19:32   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsi9795 View Post
Few hours if everything goes right. But send me a pm with your discord and i can help you if it is needed.
Appreciating, you've got a pm.
Old 09/06/2020, 20:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaztikk93 View Post
Appreciating, you've got a pm.
I can help you set up a server for free, you can ask me anything. I just like helping others.

My discord is below.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/06/2020, 20:59   #7

Quote:
I got this idea to open my own server. When I was younger and addicted to SRO, I already had this idea but no money.

Before I start, i just have a few, short questions.

1. How many players are there on the most popular PServers?

2. How much money to spend for a good working PServer at the beginning?

3. Is it possible, that the pserver gets banned/closed?

4. Is it still profitable in this time? (havent played SRO for 3 years now)

Thank you very much.
If you don't spend some cash on ads your server will stay under radar. We are in 2020. This game is pretty saturated. You will get only pocket money from donations. You can't sustain server if you don't have time and money to invest. Good luck buddy.
Old 09/06/2020, 21:07   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosteNetwork View Post
If you don't spend some cash on ads your server will stay under radar. We are in 2020. This game is pretty saturated. You will get only pocket money from donations. You can't sustain server if you don't have time and money to invest. Good luck buddy.
Yeah of course, ads would be super important. When I do something I do it right, or I dont even start.

I dont want to get rich. But silkroad was a passion and if it is possible to earn some money, why not...
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/06/2020, 21:20   #9

Quote:
Yeah of course, ads would be super important. When I do something I do it right, or I dont even start.

I dont want to get rich. But silkroad was a passion and if it is possible to earn some money, why not...
Well silkroad players aren't loyal. They switch servers very often and very easy. They search on every little things for a reason to just pump up on upcoming server. Sometimes the ads can't keep up with the players reasons. But don't get discouraged and give a try.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/07/2020, 21:32   #10

It would be great if someone could help me. Im stuck at a point while editing the config and using the minibillingserver...
Old 09/07/2020, 23:39   #11

elite*gold: 208
Quote:
It would be great if someone could help me. Im stuck at a point while editing the config and using the minibillingserver...
Discord or post the problem with an photo And elitepvpvers people will give you a hand
Old 09/08/2020, 07:02   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Dejo View Post
Discord or post the problem with an photo And elitepvpvers people will give you a hand
Well, im stuck at different points and dont know if it would be better, to start from 0, because it is very hard for me to find the error. Maybe too hard lol.
Old 09/08/2020, 07:07   #13

elite*gold: 208
Quote:
Well, im stuck at different points and dont know if it would be better, to start from 0, because it is very hard for me to find the error. Maybe too hard lol.
Discord me