Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Flaws & Improvement] of PServers | Let’s make PSro great again!

Discussion on [Flaws & Improvement] of PServers | Let’s make PSro great again! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 02/23/2019, 20:26   #31

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by __GranT__ View Post
Well, i will expose part of my plan to create a new longtherm server:

1 - Using isro-r files.

2 - Change chinese skill tree.
Many people don't like the new chinese tree, and yes it limits the possibility to create various kind of builds like on the past, mainly STR Force. My plan is to break the current "Force" into separate masteries (Fire, Cold and Lightning). And, the current Recovery mastery, must be changed to "Force" and some non-sense skills must be removed (HP and MP Orbits and Holy Group Recovery). For a 130cap server, for example, cap mastery can be: 520 for CHN and 260 for EU. (Yes, 4 full masteries for chn). No one never made this before on a csro server, i think it should be interesting to test and implement.

3 - Both Chinese and European Race will get new content and balanced stuff
Increase attack power for Dual Axe and Harp skills, and add new skills are just small examples. I got a plan to make even rogue/wizard build playable for pvp, but without make overpowered. Every union of builds in game will get different special effects and skills.

4 - Enable gold and itens back to drop from lv1-70 monsters.

5 - Delete token coin systems and free sos "quests" until degree8.

6 - Improving PVE: Change the overall quest system.
The Sro-R Quest system for lv1-70 is extremelly linear and boring, there isn't hard and different quests, but the rewards are nice with good ammount of EXP and SP. Old quest system is much better with tons of variety of different quests like Cerberus, Ivy, Goria and etc. My suggestion is: Could be nice re-write the whole quest system with many kind of quests, giving decent exp/sp and different itens. Who remembers Cry of Peace, Tiger Violence, and another dmg reward scrolls? Things we can do: We could enable the old quest system; disable the current one and delete outposts from map;
Implement new quests on game and etc. Iam sure that is worth trying.

7 - Improving Hunting Experience: Creation of a new class of monster.
To make the hunting less boring than simple keep killing general, champions, and sometimes giant monsters, we can add more 2 classes for monsters:
Strong: This is the same monster summoned by pandora boxes and monster scrolls, but this time, with spawn rate on map similar as Giant monster. We can make a strong for each kind of monster lv40+.
Master: This is the innovation - Its very similar as "unique" class, and every area of game should have 1 or 2 masters. Example: Golden Plain area can have 2 spawns of a Lv5 Master monster.
Whats the Appearance: We can take any monster for game, change color, edit HP, name and its done, just a simple content recycling. Each Master monster respawns in 30-40minutes, and has extra rates for Seal of Star and Moon itens.

8 - The final Third job system
Many people hates the new job system and we all know why. My idea simple consists about fusing the new job, and the old job system, and change some ways to obtain craft materials like stones, tickets and runes. Instead of level up job by only killing or by quests, its more fun get high good ammount of job exp by trades and stealing from the old job system. Maybe its possible to reactivate the old job system mechanics on isro-r.

9 - Time spent for level up
Whats the time u guys think is the ideal to seize every level without get bored? I was thinking about:
Lv 1 -> 100: 1 month
Lv 101 -> 110: 1 week
Lv 111 -> 120: 2 weeks
Lv 121 -> 130: 3 weeks
*This is for WITHOUT premium itens and WITHOUT botting.

But WHY isro-r files? Isnt better and simple make this on vsro?
Using Recent isro-r files is the only way to balance eu and chin races properly, since every chinese skills, equipments and weapons are edited, and don't need add a "Balance Buff for Increase and Absorb Damage".
This client also got a lot of updated things and functions that other files haven't. These files have a big potential and with smart edits, this will bring a new experience on silkroad scene.

I developed some ideas along these years of sro, and sent some of these suggestions, with more detailed info, to some big private servers programmers or owners, but most of them just think about money, some don't like isro-r files cuz is "less profitable", others just don't care, others think that this game can't ressurect, also never received feedback or a decent answer from some people that i sent. But i made this for personal satisfaction, because after play many games and after 12 years, i still love this fvking game, yeah xD.

Major part of private servers today only thinks about end game content, we know that silkroad its not only PVP and FTW. The journey is what really cares. But, this is just 5% of iceberg tip that i wanted to say. Still have many and many things to say about what i think about every detail on the game, big or small. I believe that we can get the key for sucess working in every small detail.

But its just my opinion, of course, and thanks for reading
You ain't messing around, thanks for the contribution!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2019, 10:34   #32

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,047
lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/25/2019, 16:52   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
lol
Ehh, what's funny?
Old 02/25/2019, 21:50   #34

How is it going so far? I mean, is there any chance to play in this "imaginary" server? I would love to see the outcome from this.
Old 02/26/2019, 00:38   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyMAX View Post
How is it going so far? I mean, is there any chance to play in this "imaginary" server? I would love to see the outcome from this.
This thread was created for every developer and server owner to benefit from, not just myself. Usually, server threads are stuffed with things like bug reports, so it becomes a hassle searching for feedback among the replies. So basically, if you don't like something about a server, post it here and how you as a player would improve it. As for myself, I'm still collecting feedback and waiting for this thread to get more attention.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/09/2019, 22:27   #36

Bump, let's see more of what you guys want.
Old 03/13/2019, 15:48   #37

You guys are delusional.

How ignorant can you be to think of a private server as a business model in 2019.
This game has basically no end game content, which results in opening / closing servers in a regular basis. Why would anyone pay (donate.. jesus christ.. 'donating' is like the worst ******* description for this ive seen in years) for different service if there are other free servers around?

Why would anyone pay for a service if he can EASILY create his own server and play on that one?
Your 'mods' / 'inventions' / 'whatsoever' are awful & bad. Not even worth a penny.

Leave it vanilla. Leave it f2p.
Old 03/13/2019, 19:26   #38

Players donate because they like competition
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/19/2019, 15:33   #39

-How about a server that does NOT rush everyone to cap in 1 day? This is so utterly annoying!
-Also, one that does not revolve around just jobbing all the time?
-One that does not worry about the crybabies who want the server tailored to themselves, so then admins cave and change everything after GO?
-Essentially, how about a server that has the same gameplay style & rates as the original ecsro/zszc servers BUT using the higher caps, degrees, and fun newer effects?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/25/2019, 16:53   #40

1• Don't close the server and runaway like a scared little ***** with the donations after 2~3 months.
2• Enough with the D15~D69 ****, we all know D15 is just another skin for D14.
3• Don't make everything available by donation, for example: you can buy an item but that's it, not plused not full blue nothing! just the item. you can also set a **** limit on how many items a donator can buy weekly, we all hate that ****** arab trash with daddy's cash to blow and **** us all off in globals.
4• BE A ****** ACTIVE GM! BE FAIR! AND DON'T BE SCARED TO LOSE SOME KIDS AFTER BANNING THEIR TRASHY FRIEND! silkroad is mostly played by 20+ year olds, but that doesn't mean 9 year olds can't join, so don't let these ***** control our game.
5• Don't over-edit the **** out of the game. We liked it the way it was before turks took over, we just couldn't play without bots and money lol. Add a few stuff but nothing like Petra cave and ******* town and trash like this. It's not cool.
6• Don't be afraid to spend some bucks on a good host or server or whatever the **** you call it. We players don't like playing with a **** lag or delay when there's only like 200 peeps online.
7• Don't copy other "new" or "trendy" or "popular" servers.
8• Make EVERYTHING available to non-donators same as donators. Nobody like to read "Donators event starts in 5 mins" in pink for cryin out loud.
9• Alchemy is EVERYTHING! Alchemy and the Job of course. What's silkroad without trading and thieves?! huh!
10• Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to read what "xX_tRaNs_xXx" has to say to "AnA_EL_tOPp". if these ******* wanna kill eachother they can do it in private not in globals. That's why globals must be EXPENSIVE AS ****!
11• Avatar dresses are cool, but some are way cooler than others. Some of us don't like having the same avatar as others, so you gotta make sure some avatars are harder to get than the normal ones.
12• Chinese balance is a *****, take your time on that. We all hate the one wizard-cleric who can steal every single unique just by having the staff in his hand lol
13• BAN THE ****** SAFEZONE BUFFERS!
14• Quests are way fun, try to involve then in the gameplay as much as possible.

I think that's all I have to say... I apologize for my English.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/27/2019, 07:58   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipointed View Post
You guys are delusional.

How ignorant can you be to think of a private server as a business model in 2019.
This game has basically no end game content, which results in opening / closing servers in a regular basis. Why would anyone pay (donate.. jesus christ.. 'donating' is like the worst fucking description for this ive seen in years) for different service if there are other free servers around?

Why would anyone pay for a service if he can EASILY create his own server and play on that one?
Your 'mods' / 'inventions' / 'whatsoever' are awful & bad. Not even worth a penny.

Leave it vanilla. Leave it f2p.
What do you mean by the game not having end-game content? I do agree on "donations" being a bad term of describing it, since donating means getting nothing in return, but that's the common word people use nowadays, using a different one will only confuse whoever you're talking to. Although it might seem like people enable it for business-related reasons, we do it to get money for the monthly expenses, new models, and anything of that sort. I'm assuming by "free servers" you mean PvP servers, while they give silk for free, they sell items for real money, so that doesn't really change anything.

If you think our modifications and "inventions" are bad, you're of the minority that likes clean servers, go play one instead of trying to shove your opinion down someone else's throat, this thread is for collecting opinions, while every single one matters, you'll never be convinced as I've met others like you before, no matter what I say; you wouldn't care, since your brain is fixed on it. Thanks for taking part of this thread nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondage930 View Post
-How about a server that does NOT rush everyone to cap in 1 day? This is so utterly annoying!
-Also, one that does not revolve around just jobbing all the time?
-One that does not worry about the crybabies who want the server tailored to themselves, so then admins cave and change everything after GO?
-Essentially, how about a server that has the same gameplay style & rates as the original ecsro/zszc servers BUT using the higher caps, degrees, and fun newer effects?
- To rush the leveling up phase is not a wise thing to do, I know people who play this game just to level up. But, it shouldn't take too long either, since there are many other aspects to enjoy.

- Jobbing is one of the best things about Silkroad, any aspect that results in a huge battlefield is important and fun, but the whole server shouldn't revolve around just that.

- Only inexperienced administrators would change the game-play style just because some people complained, they will stay whether the server was tweaked or not.

- That sounds nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-W10196 View Post
1• Don't close the server and runaway like a scared little bitch with the donations after 2~3 months.
2• Enough with the D15~D69 crap, we all know D15 is just another skin for D14.
3• Don't make everything available by donation, for example: you can buy an item but that's it, not plused not full blue nothing! just the item. you can also set a damn limit on how many items a donator can buy weekly, we all hate that fuckin arab trash with daddy's cash to blow and piss us all off in globals.
4• BE A FUCKIN ACTIVE GM! BE FAIR! AND DON'T BE SCARED TO LOSE SOME KIDS AFTER BANNING THEIR TRASHY FRIEND! silkroad is mostly played by 20+ year olds, but that doesn't mean 9 year olds can't join, so don't let these fucks control our game.
5• Don't over-edit the crap out of the game. We liked it the way it was before turks took over, we just couldn't play without bots and money lol. Add a few stuff but nothing like Petra cave and fuckers town and trash like this. It's not cool.
6• Don't be afraid to spend some bucks on a good host or server or whatever the fuck you call it. We players don't like playing with a damn lag or delay when there's only like 200 peeps online.
7• Don't copy other "new" or "trendy" or "popular" servers.
8• Make EVERYTHING available to non-donators same as donators. Nobody like to read "Donators event starts in 5 mins" in pink for cryin out loud.
9• Alchemy is EVERYTHING! Alchemy and the Job of course. What's silkroad without trading and thieves?! huh!
10• Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to read what "xX_tRaNs_xXx" has to say to "AnA_EL_tOPp". if these fuckers wanna kill eachother they can do it in private not in globals. That's why globals must be EXPENSIVE AS FUCK!
11• Avatar dresses are cool, but some are way cooler than others. Some of us don't like having the same avatar as others, so you gotta make sure some avatars are harder to get than the normal ones.
12• Chinese balance is a bitch, take your time on that. We all hate the one wizard-cleric who can steal every single unique just by having the staff in his hand lol
13• BAN THE FUCKIN SAFEZONE BUFFERS!
14• Quests are way fun, try to involve then in the gameplay as much as possible.

I think that's all I have to say... I apologize for my English.
I'd like to start off by saying your English tops 90% of this community, there's no need to be paranoid about it. Looks like you've been traumatized by the PvP servers you've been playing. I personally never bother taking a look at servers that are PvP, above 110 Cap, above 11th Degree, absurdly high rates, and ones that provide items through cash. Every single thing you stated applies to those kind of servers. Lastly, thanks for taking part in this thread!
Old 05/20/2019, 04:48   #42

Bump
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/17/2021, 01:31   #43

Bump, I'm back!
Old 03/17/2021, 18:08   #44

elite*gold: 2
Without sounding too pesimistic, I highly doubt that anyone can bring something new to the table that hasn't already been tried out/implemented in the last 5 years - simply due to the outdated engine and very few people having the source files (as far as I've heard). In my opinion, the only hope for the game was the 3rd race with new zones, skills etc. but that will most likely never come out.

You might wanna check out a similar thread to this - for some more suggestions and opinions.

Good luck with your project.
Old 03/18/2021, 10:12   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannicus* View Post
Greetings, worst community ever!

I’ve initiated this thread because I haven’t been a player for so long, which resulted in me viewing things from a perspective that’s different to your own.
Think of this as a survey that serves the purpose of making drastic improvements to the field of Private Silkroad.
Pour your brain out in the comments, and let’s see if we really do view things from different perspectives.

Example of our different points of view: Some players hate silk scrolls, while we as server owners view it as a Play2Win feature, or to describe them more accurately; silk scrolls are a double-edged sword. The donators get things faster, but you as non-donator players can make profit through your efforts, yes, you’ll need to work more than them, but what’s the point of donations if that weren’t the case? Yeah, they’ll get things faster, but that saying is partially flawed too, sure they’ll have more resources to do Alchemy with, but Alchemy is a RNG feature, it’s based on luck, you might be better than the hardcore donators if you got lucky. I’ve seen many examples of that happening, you might have not noticed, but we as server owners have access to all of the statistics of the server and I dont know if every server owner does this, but I for example see what the most bought items are, what the less bought items are, and try to make them more balanced in a the subsequent server. To sum it up, silk scrolls are more Play2Win than a Pay2Win feature, you can call it both, but without them, non-donators will only have gold to use. I see the guy in the back saying immortals can be used for trading too, that’s not quite true, nowadays having unique monsters dropping immortal stones is mandatory, nobody will use or view it as efficiently as silk scrolls.

P.s: You can go wild on whatever you suggest, everything is possible to implement if the developers aren’t lazy, with some few exceptions that require source files.
The problem with these servers is that not a single one of them is in it for the fun, its all $$$.

Servers needs to be low rate, no gold increases, no item increases and NO GOD DAMN FREE GEAR.

99% of the fun in the game is the experience leveling and the people you meet along the way.