Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Daziunda (Joymax) Taking Down Private Servers Facebook Pages

Discussion on Daziunda (Joymax) Taking Down Private Servers Facebook Pages within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 01/22/2018, 16:28   #76

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
Lel.. Joymax has enough skilled devs and animators.
Joymax lost all of the skilled devs long time ago.
Probably around 2009/2010 after they finished working on Cap 100 and started doing Cap 110. Just take a look at all other updates that came after Cap 100.

Cap 110 already has a lot of duplicated mobs. Just with a different Texture.
Cap 120 is basically a copy of the whole Constantinople area in a darker tone.
With Cap 130 it is the same. A lot of work is copied from older days. Mobs are looking the same. Same goes for skills and buffs. Animations are not good either. Just take a look at the new animation for some skills like Fire Bolt... total joke and bad editing.
And we all know that the Silkroad server files are a mess.

One thing that Joymax clearly does not have (anymore) are skilled devs.

Back in the days there were rumors that a lot the old dev team got replaced by students or people who did not have a huge experience in game developemt. People also said that the old development team went on to Silkroad 2 aka Legend of Silkroad aka Silkroad Kingdoms. We know for are fact that Joymax originally developed this game but at some point they sold it. In this context some developers probably switched the studio to continue working on that project. At some point in time I read some chinese news websites about "Silkroad 2" and as far as I unterstood it is in fact true that a lot of the old SRO team is working on that game.
Since JC Planet gave up on that game SRO 2 is only available in China. So yea...:
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/22/2018, 19:01   #77

elite*gold: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Probably around 2009/2010 after the finished working on Cap 100 and started doing Cap 110. Just take a look at all other updates that came after Cap 100.

With Cap 130 it is the same. A lot of work is copied from older days. Mobs are looking the same. Same goes for skills and buffs. Animations are not good either. Just take a look at the new animation for some skills like Fire Bolt... total joke and bad editing.

Back in the days there were rumors that a lot the old dev team got replaced by students or people who did not have a huge experience in game developemt. People also said that the old development team went on to Silkroad 2 aka Legend of Silkroad aka Silkroad Kingdoms. We know for are fact that Joymax originally developed this game but at some point they sold it. In this context some developers probably switched the studio to continue working on that project. At some point in time I read some chinese news websites about "Silkroad 2" and as far as I unterstood it is in fact true that a lot of the old SRO team is working on that game.
Since JC Planet gave up on that game SRO 2 is only available in China. So yea...:
Being a 3d artist i can definitely agree with you on all of this, Regarding animating, I know for sure i can do much better than the whole shit sro has.
I have been doing this for years, Only issue is the community is limited due to a lot of missing assets.
Old 01/22/2018, 21:52   #78

elite*gold: 1400
His name is : Sungchul Hwang aka (Shiraz) I was tracing Shiraz for 3 days, and I managed to get some info about him.
He born in 1995, He is from Daegu, South Korea, Before opening Daziunda he was working for a company calls Vanhills, In 2014 he married.

His fb account so you can block him for viewing your page but I think it isn't his latest account.

Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/22/2018, 21:57   #79

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZΞDStorm View Post
His name is : Sungchul Hwang aka (Shiraz) I was tracing Shiraz for 3 days, and I managed to get some info about him.
He born in 1995, He is from Daegu, South Korea, Before opening Daziunda he was working for a company calls Vanhills, In 2014 he married.

His fb account so you can block him for viewing your page but I think it isn't his latest account.

Good Job, he will be dead soon
Old 01/23/2018, 03:11   #80

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,654
Quote:
Probably around 2009/2010 after they finished working on Cap 100 and started doing Cap 110. Just take a look at all other updates that came after Cap 100.

110 cap is pretty dope though. Duplicating mobs doesn't really mean that they're bad, it's just laziness.
The rest is garbage, I agree...
Old 01/23/2018, 03:59   #81

There is a reason why a lot of people left SRO at the time of Cap 110.
Would not have happened if the content in that degree really was/is good.
But I do not think this is the point here. Especially since everyone has a different taste.

Duplicating mobs and stuff like that is more than laziness. Of course you can say that Joymax always did that. For example with Wing Tribes, Mage, Niya Sniper and so on. But in these cases it was fine because it fits into the situation. But bringing back Level 1 Mobs to >Level 100 areas is bad game design. Sure. Saving costs is also a thing. But if you really are a good developer you always try to deliver good work. But this clearly is not the case with Joymax anymore. The reason why this could be the case can be find in my other post.
A good game design will never do something like that. A good animator will never create crappy animations and so on.
Old 01/23/2018, 04:23   #82

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
*downloads sro2*
*goes back to vsro with low settings*
best graphics
Old 01/23/2018, 14:00   #83

Quote:
Lel.. Joymax has enough skilled devs and animators.

1 dev or animator from jmx outshines all psro devs and animators by miles! Thing is, their PR department and higher ups never went into innovation mode to retweak the game like Blizzard did with the old wow engine.
You are comparing apples with apples behind a safe.
We do, for sure, have some people here being capable of modding and creating new stuff for a game (me, for myself, I am an active member on The Nexus, since 2008 for Oblivion, Skyrim, the Witcher 2/3, MGSTPP and all Fallout Series, and people do like the new content, no matter what. And guess what, there is even programming involved! O: ) and you are just saying "joymax and such do have at least 1 pro-editor which outshines everyone", that person, you are talking about, has a quite higher capacity of options getting into the client itself, adding new animations, new mobs, and such. But whats the true nature of Silkroad Online? Unique assets? Unique content?

Surely not. Hiring some students for low money, translating mob names from their language into ingrish like a potato-translator, and additionally: Its more like an ordinary copy and paste + retexture "skill".
Show me anything that anyone from Joymax did anything outstanding and astonishing after the Roc Mt. content. I want at least 5 examples.

Mirror World of Consta? The name does spoiler it already.
Alexandria? Mostly copy and paste.
Arabia? Bigger Dunhuang assets with old flair and yet another copy and paste of the most common existing mobs of consta and jangan.

So, before saying "dis dat yadda yadda", try to comprehend the current scene and don't make it sound like a cynical comment.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/24/2018, 13:36   #84

Quote:

I am sorry for the off-topic, but the website have a download links (download button icon in left) that contain a heavy edited version of silkroad.Its looks more like private server is this a official silkroad version or a private server?The account registration is in There is a interesting resources that i seen for a first time in Silkroad game client. I make coupe example screenshots:

Gallery 1

Greetings
Old 01/24/2018, 14:11   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexcode View Post
I am sorry for the off-topic, but the website have a download links (download button icon in left) that contain a heavy edited version of silkroad.Its looks more like private server is this a official silkroad version or a private server?The account registration is in There is a interesting resources that i seen for a first time in Silkroad game client. I make coupe example screenshots:

Gallery 1

Greetings
Nevermind.. i couldnt see gallery on my phone.. can delete
Old 01/24/2018, 14:21   #86

Quote:
Correct me if im wrong but this is Silkroad 2... Silkroad Kingdoms or The Legend of Silkroad... something like that idk.
No its not Silkroad 2,its a regular silkroad files. Silkroad 2 aka Legend of Silkroad use a different game engine ,modified Ogre Graphics Engine if i am not wrong.The game looks LOS looks different.Here is the a client folder file structure:

Regards
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/24/2018, 15:10   #87

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
No its not Silkroad 2,its a regular silkroad files. Silkroad 2 aka Legend of Silkroad use a different game engine ,modified Ogre Graphics Engine if i am not wrong.The game looks LOS looks different.Here is the a client folder file structure:

Regards
I like the anime characters (although not planning to add them to an official server) ;o hit me up on discord I'll be checking the game in a bit.
Old 01/24/2018, 15:54   #88

I think all of this stuff is happening because rigid has sro-r files. If these files will be released in public then what will be the point of playing on offiicial sro? They might be trying just to scare off people
Old 01/24/2018, 15:57   #89

Quote:

Gallery 1

Greetings
As far as I understand they host 2 different games.
One of them is the old Silkroad.
On other should be Silkroad 2/Legend of Silkroad/Silkroad Kingdoms.

In fact this website is hosted by CIMO. They are known for hosting cSRO back in the days. And they are the dudes who bought "Silkroad 2" from Joymax. They clearly are not a pServer.

Take look here:

1. CIMO confirmed as a hoster
2. Silkroad 2 Logo: Reference:
3. Silkroad 2 Concept Art
4. News translated by Google that mentions Silkroad Kingdoms. Wich is in fact Silkroad 2.

You probably went with normal cSRO instead of Silkroad 2.

Edit: This should be the download for SRO 2:

Can not guarantee. But they recommend a GTX 760 for best performance. Thats clearly not the case for Silkroad online 1. But I will not download the game now. Would take 2 days to download because they are located in china

BTW: Full news is something like this (translated by google):
Old 01/24/2018, 16:47   #90

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Hey, I just checked this thing. It's just an over edited Chinese version of SRO using vSRO 188.