Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

젠 실크로드 - Zen Silkroad Global Release Of Arabian/Islamic Race

Discussion on 젠 실크로드 - Zen Silkroad Global Release Of Arabian/Islamic Race within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/05/2017, 17:22   #76

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohabigail View Post
Amazing idea.

Also they should add some transexual characters for gay people.

ps:don't forget to gay unicorns
I am pretty sure gay people are into people of the same ***, not transgender/transsexual people.
Old 08/05/2017, 22:36   #77

I'm kinda interested, but like someone mentioned earlier, can you post any image, video or something to prove that you can actually do something like creating new race? Show me some proof, that you are capable of doing it (you mentioned new race yourself, so show it) then I'm sure ppl will show more love. Saying only beautiful words full of promises can't be trustworthy.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/08/2017, 02:40   #78

looks professional, I would like to see more pictures...
Old 08/08/2017, 15:26   #79

looks promising.. we're waiting to see more images into the game
Old 08/08/2017, 15:53   #80

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
Interesting project..
Old 08/08/2017, 23:09   #81

how is going on? Can we have some ingame images / videos? ;D
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/11/2017, 05:51   #82

Good luck, I hope you ask to bring your life to the ORS, I'm in.
:hands down:
Old 08/11/2017, 13:21   #83

I sincerely hope that you become able to accomplish something with these "sensitive plugins" that you've put your hands on, unlike other halfwits who couldn't do **** despite having literally everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed4ever2u View Post
also i would like to see kids ingame comes from marriage system or smthing like that
these kids might become hyperd race ex(Arabian/Euro) or (china/ euro)
well looks Missy but i think that you can organize it well
Hybrid*
Messy*
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2017, 15:11   #84

elite*gold: 400
Hello, Thanks everybody for the nice feedback. We do apologize for our lack of communication however we are currently working at least 12 hours a day. We will be able to provide screenshots of our progress within 2-3 weeks. Also we will provide videos about the new build animations and skills later on as we get them ready. Thanks again everybody.
Please if anybody has an idea would be nice to leave it below and we will consider it all.
-Projekt Zen
Thanks
8 Users
Old 08/11/2017, 18:41   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
I sincerely hope that you become able to accomplish something with these "sensitive plugins" that you've put your hands on, unlike other halfwits who couldn't do **** despite having literally everything.

Hybrid*
Messy*
thank you for being such a person
however my mother tongue isn't english so writing wrong letters is okay for me as long as i do not expect from you to type arabic fluent
Old 08/13/2017, 08:32   #86

Well, great idea that I was thinking about many times, but never thought was truly possible as to 'fix' sro and properly add new content would require A LOT of game developing work. Theoretically, if u got tools and willing programmers it can be done. HOWEVER, from a legal standpoint, it is still a private server and in a somewhat gray area so that no studio would pick it up for real. So you would need to basically create your own game developing studio. If the implemented changes were too small or too basic (on the same level as some other private servers) - the project would not last long. If the changes were too big without good implementation - the game would not be stable and doomed to fail.

In order to fix SRO u basically need to create entirely new systems not based on pre existing SRO content AND change existing systems in such way that would eliminate everything that went wrong in the main game. I compiled a list for such an event, a list of things that you need to avoid in order to succeed.

- Grind - as it ultimately leads to Bot farming, Gold farming and other. Unfortunately, Silkroad was always a game vulnerable to Botting - there is no way to fight that. Joymax constantly tried and failed in that regard - Learn from their mistake, create a system that makes botting simply give you nothing. It maybe the hardest to achieve since as any game - in order to attract a player - needs to have a progress curve and reward system. You need to enjoy the game, feel the progress as u spend time in the game. If u create a system that would result in too easy achieving end game gear OR system too complicated for a player - the player base will rapidly fall after one month (what can be observed on MANY sro private servers, for example - Cronos Online)
Another approach is to fully embrace botting as a way of progressing by implementing bot into game code - However many different game studios tried it and ultimately all their games failed. Playing a game that you truly do not play is not entertaining in the long shot.

- Pay2win - It is maybe the second biggest problem of Silkroad after Bots. ANY game that has ANY Pay2Win model will ultimately fail and die out. There are many examples in the gaming world to prove it. Of course, as it requires man hours to create it needs to create some income. The only working model is to either have a subscription (which probably will not attract many players) or create in game shop for cosmetics ONLY. However, it would require removing any advantages of the premium shop. So no additional stats from skins, pets etc or premium. In order to make money from cosmetics, the whole game must be enjoyable so that people would want to support the creator - it may be the biggest challenge of the game developer since his work will give him money ONLY if he succeeds.

- Boredom - Noone will play a boring game. So you need to create or hold on to systems that are 'working' and keep the players in the game. Silkroad got one of this systems right, and maybe only thanks to that system this game is still alive in the community. What I am referring to is of course Trading. Making a trip from city to city for money with the risk of losing your goods (the risk makes it enjoyable - since as the quote goes 'no risk no fun'). The trader - thief system, if done correctly can carry a game.
Implementing working systems from other games is a great idea too. So firstly we need to look for the games that actually are succeeding right now. for example WoW, a very old game with still growing player base - why? Dungeons and Raids, capturing Storyline and balanced gameplay. Another system worth looking up to is 'legendaries' system seen for example in Diablo 2 and Path of Exile. Good legendary items that enhance your abilities and give you the ability to customize your gameplay are a way of character progression that almost never failed (Diablo 3 has overdone the system but still have a big player base)
However, implementing that would require a lot of work.

- Innovation - What? avoid innovation? Yes. Don't try to make new systems out of nowhere, as it may seem good in your head - it has a high chance of failing ultimately resulting in destroying the whole project. Look for the systems and ideas that already worked in other games. If you want to design something new - create an entirely new game on Steam and see if the system will sink in the community.

- No balance - The best working balance system is based on Tank/DPS/Support system. So it would require changing skill tree of Chinese characters (and creating one for Arabic characters - please do not call them Islamic. the better name for the race is Arab, Islam is the religion, don't bring religion war into this as it will only result in the bad blood) in order to match other races and team-based gameplay. The progress curve and end game of each race should be similar with distinct differences in gameplay.

- Bad Economy - economy is the blood of the game. If it collapses - the game will die. Implementing many currencies is a bad idea. All the coins, gems or premium currencies that can be traded will cripple the whole game. There should be only one currency - gold. And only one way to gain it - through gameplay. So trading, raiding, doing dungeons and questing (be ware of daily quests - as they result in mindless boring grind). I would propose that Killing mobs should not give any gold - it will eliminate bot problem. Killing mobs should only yield exp, sp and be for questing. It would also help with immersion.

- No Endgame - many games suffer either too easy achievable endgame or no endgame content at all. A good and rewarding system with clear goals is the core of the game. When you get all this gold from your gameplay u need to have some things to spend it on. Think about that. Without end game goals - gameplay seems pointless.

- Bad PvP - One way of achieving endgame is competitive PvP. So implementing more PvP content that is not broken is always a good idea. However, it is really easy to break the PvP. Any unbalance between classes or boring model will result in failure. It is very hard to create good pvp and many game developers simply choose not to do so - an example of Diablo 3. However good pvp model can be seen in games from MOBA genre (League of Legends, DOTA). They are entirely different games but getting inspiration in balance and team play of those games could guide good SRO PvP system.

As I said earlier fixing SRO is almost like creating a whole new game. I just have one question for u:

Can u do it ?

Because if no, do not bother. Spend your effort and man hours into creating some new game on steam and it will be more profitable for you.

Cheers and Good Luck,
xDarest.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/13/2017, 09:50   #87

When people will understand that not the game is the problem, the community is.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/13/2017, 12:47   #88

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekka1337 View Post
Even without a toxic community, you can't take away the fact that the base game is half of the problem - if not more.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/13/2017, 17:38   #89

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekka1337 View Post
How can a game not become a problem while getting no significant updates,reworks,etc for the past what,10 years?
Old 08/13/2017, 20:45   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguy33 View Post
How can a game not become a problem while getting no significant updates,reworks,etc for the past what,10 years?
You should watch other mmorpg, for example runescape or lineage2.
They are like that forever and they have playerbase.
Closed Thread

Tags
arabian, islamic, race, silkroadrace, sroislamic