Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Merging 2 VPS & Website SQL connection related questions

Discussion on Merging 2 VPS & Website SQL connection related questions within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Merging 2 VPS & Website SQL connection related questions

Hey guys i've two questions and i hope someone can give obvious and detailed answers for them ..

1- Is there a way to merge ( or smth like that ) 2 VPS ? I mean making a server that stands on 2 VPS ( to handle player's count without any lags ) .. or working on 2 GS how exactly can i do that?

2- I've searched on the best ways to be sure that my website is secured and i found that its files should be on another vps .. so now how would it connect to my game's sql DB?!
Old 01/07/2016, 16:07   #2

Nobody knows?
Old 01/07/2016, 17:23   #3

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 1,099
1) For 2 GS, use Certgen "google it" and configure the cert for 2 GS and 1 agent.
On 1st machine, run all the files normally, and on the second machine copy the same server files and change the IP of the machines such as SR_GameServer, MachineManager then open them normally on the second machine without needing to modify anything other than the IP. Make sure you have allowed all the ports to the second VPS.

2) You basically enable 1433 to that VPS ONLY! Use Scope in firewall (Remote) and connect to it by the following (EXAMPLE):
Hostname: IPADDRESS of the server which has the database in
ID: sa
Pass: 1234
Database: SRO_VT_SHARD
and that's it.

NOTE: you need to use the IP instead of hostname inside the cert for 2 GS to connect well. Otherwise the second VPS will get "DB connection failed"
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/08/2016, 20:20   #4

Thanks alot for being obvious , just 1 note ..
what if i want to run them ( 2 GS ) on the same machine should i use VMware , or there is a better solution ? because i saw some people don't use VMware , then i tried but GS telling me that it's already executed .. sorry for being newbish that's why iam posting for help.
Old 01/11/2016, 03:48   #5

Received Thanks: 1,371
You need 2 separated dedicated servers in order to make VPS servers work with each shudder.

You cannot use 2 vps servers(from same machine) in order to make 2x gs or agent setup, I tested and it's not working.

You can:
Use 1 dedicated and make 1 VPS, but that's also tricky to get it running you need to have knowledge on how the files work in the first place.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2016, 17:01   #6

You said that i can't make 2 GS on the same machine ok .. but 1 dedicated and making 1 vps so they are the same machine !

Then how would it work .. you said tricky btw I know how files work

But i don't have the machine now to try .. so tell what to do if you won't mind .. thanks
Old 01/13/2016, 17:29   #7

well as my exp, you will have to open many ports,which that will expose you [ easy hacking]..
Old 01/15/2016, 01:37   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supportlar View Post
well as my exp, you will have to open many ports,which that will expose you [ easy hacking]..
Use your brain and ssh tunnels to secure your server )
Old 01/15/2016, 07:59   #9

elite*gold: 1537
Received Thanks: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Goofie​ View Post
You need 2 separated dedicated servers in order to make VPS servers work with each shudder.

You cannot use 2 vps servers(from same machine) in order to make 2x gs or agent setup, I tested and it's not working.

You can:
Use 1 dedicated and make 1 VPS, but that's also tricky to get it running you need to have knowledge on how the files work in the first place.
huh ?

Old 01/15/2016, 16:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by androw3349 View Post
huh ?

Isro files! Huh!
Old 01/15/2016, 18:25   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by androw3349 View Post
huh ?

So
You made 2 VPS from your dedicated here ?
Old 01/15/2016, 18:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagorodnov View Post
Isro files! Huh!
sure mr brain
Old 01/15/2016, 20:54   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supportlar View Post
sure mr brain
Old 04/12/2022, 02:24   #14

elite*gold: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceSpace View Post
1) For 2 GS, use Certgen "google it" and configure the cert for 2 GS and 1 agent.
On 1st machine, run all the files normally, and on the second machine copy the same server files and change the IP of the machines such as SR_GameServer, MachineManager then open them normally on the second machine without needing to modify anything other than the IP. Make sure you have allowed all the ports to the second VPS.

2) You basically enable 1433 to that VPS ONLY! Use Scope in firewall (Remote) and connect to it by the following (EXAMPLE):
Hostname: IPADDRESS of the server which has the database in
ID: sa
Pass: 1234
Database: SRO_VT_SHARD
and that's it.

NOTE: you need to use the IP instead of hostname inside the cert for 2 GS to connect well. Otherwise the second VPS will get "DB connection failed"
This Mf, Bless You been fcking arround for 3 hours and had SQLEXPRESS in certification which caused 2nd machine to fail to connect lol. LOVE YOU <3
Closed Thread