Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Finally, a new hope.

Discussion on Finally, a new hope. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 76
Finally, a new hope.

Hello Elitepvpers,

Lately, almost everyone was complaining about new servers that comes out every new day with their new welcoming threads, extra-ordinary features and promising sentences.
And hence, the story starts, the jumpers on elitepvpers start to hype intensively on the advertising thread putting time and effort to catch new comers attention and after then the worst part takes its place, the server goes down due to the lack of donations/ skills and so on.

Well to shorten this and sort things out. I have been browsing the internet as usual while drinking my coffee and i thought about opening a new project beside the most recent one without mentioning names (I'm not that kind of guys who uses dirty advertising, not at all.) and i browsed hyperfilter.com to check their dedicated server prices and available packages. Reviewed "products" section and, surprisingly, i couldn't find HMPP (Hyperfilter micro protection proxies). And found out they have discontinued protection for micro projects! such as private silkroad servers (the ones that comes out every new day with such a protection. i.e., 70$ protection).

So basically after they have done this, the number of the new opened servers will be reduced in a noticeable manner at least this is my point of view. If they don't have enough money/ knowledge to keep their server running, they wouldn't host their own one anymore.

Screenshots attached to this thread in a spoiler to wrap this up.

Kind regards,
Stath.

Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/02/2015, 12:17   #2

elite*gold: 0
oh please, like people actually buy directly from HyperFilter. They buy from the resellers.
Old 04/02/2015, 12:24   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
oh please, like people actually buy directly from HyperFilter. They buy from the resellers.
Why you so negative ?
Old 04/02/2015, 12:33   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
Why you so negative ?
That's not negativity, that's just being real. The 70$ protection he's talking about limits the server slots to 500 and charges you to increase the slots unless you buy the 300$ protection and HyperFilter isn't exactly flexible with payments. Resellers are and they can provide the same 300$ protection for 100-200$ plus a few other services. Therefore, the 70$ protection being removed from HyperFilter simply makes no difference since people are protected by resellers.
Old 04/02/2015, 12:41   #5

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
I buy from Hyperfilter, but not dedicated server, the full $300 package, but I only pay $240 for being a old customer.
Old 04/02/2015, 12:46   #6

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
I buy from Hyperfilter, but not dedicated server, the full $300 package, but I only pay $240 for being a old customer.
Yes, you, now tell me how many guys do the same? Just a few people, nothing would change because of that.
Old 04/02/2015, 13:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Yes, you, now tell me how many guys do the same? Just a few people, nothing would change because of that.
I could give you a few examples, Akasch, ZiCo, but I'm afraid I have to stop right here because I don't know anyone else XD, other people are just OVH cheap *****.
Old 04/02/2015, 14:02   #8

Quote:
I could give you a few examples, Akasch, ZiCo, but I'm afraid I have to stop right here because I don't know anyone else XD, other people are just OVH cheap *****.
These people have huge financial resources behind them. We're talking about somebody who out of nowhere just goes like 'hey let's make a server' and goes as low as 200$ with the whole setup.
At least when I did it, I invested my money the right way but I just didn't get enough attention because of the recent reborns.
Old 04/02/2015, 14:13   #9

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
These people have huge financial resources behind them. We're talking about somebody who out of nowhere just goes like 'hey let's make a server' and goes as low as 200$ with the whole setup.
At least when I did it, I invested my money the right way but I just didn't get enough attention because of the recent reborns.
Aww bodo bodo didnsh yu gesh enaf attenshn? awwwwww
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/02/2015, 14:21   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
Aww bodo bodo didnsh yu gesh enaf attenshn? awwwwww
by that I mean players.
Old 04/02/2015, 14:39   #11

Quote:
by that I mean players.
btw i checked the anathema thread to see where your coming from.

And honestly, THAT is called over editing.
People do actually still want the same gameplay and style. You should be changing HOW to get things and WHAT to get. But you went and just changed it entirely.

The new skills for example.... There are more people who wont join than ppl who will join cause of it.

When you add a new feature think if the positive effect is bigger than the negative one. Sometimes its necessary to do these things.

anyways enough bsing from me. You go figure it out urself.
Old 04/02/2015, 14:41   #12

Quote:

People do actually still want the same gameplay and style. You should be changing HOW to get things and WHAT to get. But you went and just changed it entirely.

The new skills for example.... There are more people who wont join than ppl who will join cause of it.

When you add a new feature think if the positive effect is bigger than the negative one. Sometimes its necessary to do these things.

Don't forget that he did not edit 1 single thing in that DB, it's entirely bought.
Old 04/02/2015, 14:41   #13

Quote:

Overediting for the sake of balance between China and Europe which is pretty much what a lot of people in the community bitch at everyone to get. Other than that, the server is job based. It is not that dumb ass starwars weapons kind of overedit.

Quote:
Don't forget that he did not edit 1 single thing in that DB, it's entirely bought.
No, let me correct you right there. It did undergo further edits after being purchased, I only purchased it because it would save a lot of work. Otherwise, I would have just launched Anathema a week after Hyrieus closed
Old 04/02/2015, 14:44   #14

Quote:
Overediting for the sake of balance between China and Europe which is pretty much what a lot of people in the community ***** at everyone to get. Other than that, the server is job based. It is not that dumb *** starwars weapons kind of overedit.

No, let me correct you right there. It did undergo further edits after being purchased, I only purchased it because it would save a lot of work. Otherwise, I would have just launched Anathema a week after Hyrieus closed
Right, that's why you have no clue what to do with anything.

Spare me the details of how you paid someone to edit something.
Old 04/02/2015, 14:47   #15

I dont really give a **** about over-editing etc. But just try to create add-ons instead of huge changes.

If people are crying "y u no gif EU" then its completely fine. We had 4.5k players at one point on a CH only server. CH only works out just fine.