Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Running a server on VPS

Discussion on Running a server on VPS within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Running a server on VPS

Hello,

I'm about to take a step forward and put my server alive for beta testing, however I'm still having a problem deciding where/how to run it but here's what I got:

VPS:
1GBPS unlimited bandwidth
2x Intel Xeon L5420 @2.5GHz CPU
8GB RAM
500GB HDD Storage
SSD Cache

Now my question is: Is this VPS capable of running a Silkroad private server on it without any kind of lag? I'm talking about 100-200 players.
I'm stuck between deciding, VPS or a dedicated server with alot better specifications(Higher price ofcourse but that doesn't matter for now), if there's anything you can recommend I'd appreciate it, thank you.
Old 03/29/2015, 19:21   #2

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 1,195
it would be enough for running your server for now
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/29/2015, 19:24   #3

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
If you database is not poorly coded then, it would be fine and there would be no lag, if it is, then it doesn't matter which server you use, it will lag anyway, but for 100-200 players I guess you're fine.

Just make sure to use a service that allows upgrades, just in case you needed any upgrades in the future.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/29/2015, 19:30   #4

elite*gold: 0
Alright, thanks for the replies .
Closed Thread