Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I just can't get over Silkroad Online

Discussion on I just can't get over Silkroad Online within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I just can't get over Silkroad Online

I started playing Silkroad Online around 2004-2005(I was 10yrs old at the time,LVL 32 only ), I'm looking for a private server that gave me that feeling before.. I tried 2 private SRO like Silkroad.ws and DemonRoad...
I quit those bcoz its kinda boring..but I keep looking for more.

I really want the old SRO back, every time I think about this game it gives me this pain in my chest this game give me so many memories, maybe bcoz it was my 1st MMO..

Any Suggestions?
I want a bit populated server(no bots, please..)
Give me the best one guys.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/20/2015, 14:21   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
If you're looking for a server with your own requirements
then you may post here
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/20/2015, 14:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
If you're looking for a server with your own requirements
then you may post here
That thread can't help me, I looking for a suggestion with someone that experienced a private server that felt like the good ol days.
Old 03/20/2015, 16:42   #4

No bot servers nowadays are are completely empty because the community doesn't think the same way it used to when you were 10. All what can be done about this is creating a server that makes botting as useless as possible. Other than that, people won't join in the first place if they see 'bot disabled'. Which is pretty much why most servers are Job-Based now. I'm not here to disappoint you mate but the old school experience you're looking for is gone and will never come back unless joymax decides to open its own custom made server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/20/2015, 19:37   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
No bot servers nowadays are are completely empty because the community doesn't think the same way it used to when you were 10. All what can be done about this is creating a server that makes botting as useless as possible. Other than that, people won't join in the first place if they see 'bot disabled'. Which is pretty much why most servers are Job-Based now. I'm not here to disappoint you mate but the old school experience you're looking for is gone and will never come back unless joymax decides to open its own custom made server.

Thats right even if there is a private server with

his requirements , it will not be long-term one .
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2015, 01:36   #6

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,654
There might be really good servers, like uber ultra super good pservers. But one thing you should know is that no one will feel like it did before. I understand the addiction, cuz i also have that kind of thing, probably because it was my first mmo too.
I suggest you to start playing something else. Another mmorpg wont cut it, they just dont look like sro XD
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/21/2015, 04:04   #7

elite*gold: 2
***** this aint yo girlfriend, go get some ***** then ya gonna regret the money n time you wasted on this piece of **** garbage
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/21/2015, 11:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkoplata View Post
There might be really good servers, like uber ultra super good pservers. But one thing you should know is that no one will feel like it did before. I understand the addiction, cuz i also have that kind of thing, probably because it was my first mmo too.
I suggest you to start playing something else. Another mmorpg wont cut it, they just dont look like sro XD
Your signature says it all
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2015, 12:17   #9

It is kind of pointless to handgrind on a pserver because you never know when admins will decide to cash out and close the server. The only servers that were kind of sucessful and marked as nobot were the ones with high rates where handgrinding didn't matter.

The closest to oldschool would be if joymax made new servers with some tweaks and a proper anti-bot policy but as far as joymax goes that won't happen. Honestly I wouldn't mind the oldschool feeling when I was the first of my friends to have 57 warrior with 7d armor
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2015, 15:55   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEagle View Post
It is kind of pointless to handgrind on a pserver because you never know when admins will decide to cash out and close the server. The only servers that were kind of sucessful and marked as nobot were the ones with high rates where handgrinding didn't matter.

The closest to oldschool would be if joymax made new servers with some tweaks and a proper anti-bot policy but as far as joymax goes that won't happen. Honestly I wouldn't mind the oldschool feeling when I was the first of my friends to have 57 warrior with 7d armor
Admins cashing out? Let's not be hypocrites here. Mostly it's the players being needy or raging over tiny little things and threatening admins to quit if things don't go how they want it and when they want it even if it might cause future corruption for the server. Also they quit for absolutely no reason joining bad servers then come back and kiss owners ***** to do reborns/reopens or whatever you wanna call it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2015, 16:04   #11

i know that feel nigg, i got the same pain in my chest :[
problem is, there is no single pserver like old Ecsro which was closest thing to joymax old school silkroad feel wise.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2015, 13:28   #12

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
Admins cashing out? Let's not be hypocrites here. Mostly it's the players being needy or raging over tiny little things and threatening admins to quit if things don't go how they want it and when they want it even if it might cause future corruption for the server. Also they quit for absolutely no reason joining bad servers then come back and kiss owners ***** to do reborns/reopens or whatever you wanna call it.
The best thing to do is not have any in-game support at all. You help one person, which then turns into two, which then turns into 'why u not halp me' which then turns into negative reviews, so on so forth. Joymax had no ingame support and they did just fine.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2015, 15:21   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
The best thing to do is not have any in-game support at all. You help one person, which then turns into two, which then turns into 'why u not halp me' which then turns into negative reviews, so on so forth. Joymax had no ingame support and they did just fine.
I understand what you're talking about, there's a ticket system for reports on my website if I'll be re-opening my server. I'm able to make a server to a point where it runs itself by itself and all I'll have to be doing is reviewing tickets twice daily and working on updates weekly but of-course the silkroad community nowadays is full of cancer. Therefore, no matter how good you are or how OP your server is. There will always be this thing in the community that makes players quit and join another servers then realize it sucks... then come back to you and ask you to re-open because they missed a month of gameplay or ****** up their items or whatsoever... and guess what, you re-open. the current players call you a money suckup and you don't reopen.. current players quit and server dies anyway. That's how much cancer we have around here and it's only gonna keep getting worse and worse and soon people will get tired and the silkroad community will just die.

Take Akasch for example, He tried to revive the community by creating Elamidas and advertising a whole ******* year about it and had a long beta testing for how long? maybe a month if I'm not mistaken. Only so players quit and join a few reopenings of other servers without even looking at their features simply because they have big names around here. (no offense guys)

Now what's happening? people are asking him about Elamidas 2.0 all over.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2015, 20:57   #14

There is no chance reviving the old feelings about the "Good ol SRO feeling" - where you firstly discovered your first "Thief" and asked yourself why a human like looking person killed you.
You figure out what it was. Other than that - your first encounter of "askjdzkueae" or "21334241". Full STR heuksal bots grinding at the devil horses. Your first misbuilt hybrid INT/STR character - more likely skilled on weapon masteries instead of force masteries.

All that kind of "experience" is just dead. You will never find it here, nor on your own server, not on a pserver, never on Joymax's merging and dying official servers.

That kind of "I am helpless, I have no clue what do to" will occur, if you play another fresh new MMORPG.
But rather saying "nah, I will stick to Silkroad, will open my server, if I cannot find anything", will show you, how sad you actually are, and how narrow minded you are going straight back to the past.

I just hosted my server for, now about 1 1/3 years, it was quite fun. Made some money, sure, upkeep and such, but mostly let people enjoy the old kind of gameplay - which was my imagination, and not quite that wrong, whilest having 120+ players daily.
But at the end - even if I am as well one of the degree 70's and aege-server players, I just know that silkroad is about to die. Even Legend of Silkroad (Silkroad 2) has been canceled, due to lack of interested customers, not beta testers ... that is a difference.

We might never see the arabian race, nor the islamic race, or the region between east baghdad and west Roc Mt. (1 path which is barely covered, and the other, if you port through the baghdad walls.), but might be better cleaning up and getting used to - that this game has no future anymore - than lying to yourself all the way till it ends.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/22/2015, 23:08   #15

Received Thanks: 1,312
Well if u really miss the oldschool feeling go play "Excalibur SRO" before anyone QQing about blabla donīt advertise it (I donīt play there or like the server )

They copied 1:1 the silkroad online of 2008 (90Cap)
Good things: Its silkroad online of 2008
Bad things: Sun 9D in magic pop
players running 8/8 goldbot parties (only sbot/paid mbot is working)

They ban once a year bots or so (really joymax like tho)

So if u "miss" the old silkroad online, think twice.

Server got atleast 2000 players
Thanks
1 User