Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[IDEAS|DEV] Huge Wars! vSRO188 Hybrid Emulator

Discussion on [IDEAS|DEV] Huge Wars! vSRO188 Hybrid Emulator within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
[IDEAS|DEV] Huge Wars! vSRO188 Hybrid Emulator

This is a very simply question. LastThief and I are continuing coding a complementary partial emulator. Three long words, difficult right?

Let me explain it properly. It's an ADDON for vsro 188 files. We can do almost anything with it. So, hereby, I'm asking what kinda wars would you like?

Want an entirely new fortress war? (Takes time, cause we have to create new models for walls etc. Should be lookin good)

Want City wars? Something where a single guild can obtain the right to rule a city. Meaning additional taxes up to 5 or 10% maybe? We can make the fortress max tax 10% or 15%, so the total tax is low.

City wars is pretty simple: When the war starts, everyone is ported to some place. You can organize yourself, and run towards the cities. "kill" the city walls, kill the city heart (replace teleporter with a heart, FW style). All skills allowed etc. Not just normal skills. No obstacles either. Purely about damage of guild.

After obtaining a city, you have to defend it for 2 rounds in order to complete the event. Max time can be something like 3 hours. Since there are no obstacles and its literally just slaughter, the event is pretty quick and has tons of fighting.

Sound awesome?
Let's switch it up a notch:

What if we integrate a "Commander" function?

Explanation:
A single player, or multiple players can zoom out of the map to see the whole city properly. We will give you more character information, so you can see everything happening around the city at the same time. However, you need a good PC so that it doesn't lag, since we will be overriding the actual limits in terms of performance.
Anyways, if guildmembers agree by saying /commanderagree. The commanders can MOVE entire parties or any number of their guild characters around.

Think about it, 4 commanders, each one handling a single party. Commander clicks on an enemy, the whole party immediately automatically targets that enemy and can use their skills etc.

Basically, it's a function to target specific players all together. That way, you can properly kill down people and work together faster.

This won't be unfair, because the defenders are only one guild. The attackers are 5 times more. The defenders NEED to have something that helps them.

Anyways, This was one of the ideas that Jessy had, slightly modified. I'd like to hear your opinion regarding that idea but also all of your ideas. Including things that you think are completely impossible. Just state it and we'll do the magic.

I want WARS. HUGE WARS! Things should be going crazy big time.

PS: We can also do this MOBs VS Players style. Mobs attacking the city, players defend it. Including the Commander-function. Might be funny eh?

Edit: Todo list:

EDIT#2:
Function: Party Merging
Explanation:
Merge parties together, party leaders can ask the other party leader to merge the parties. So you can chat all together. Great for group battles, job battles and all battles where you need more than 8 players.

Simple and AWESOME!

EDIT #6:
Since I'm already telling you guys all kinda ideas. Let me share this one as well.
Read it properly, cuz you'll fall in love.
Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility if you jizz into your pants. If you're female, read this 24/7.

Feature name: Proper Alchemy.
Reason: Silkroad's own alchemy system is very badly designed. The percentage values (for easier understanding) that you save in the database are NOT the ones which are actually being used ingame. If you type in 90%, it's not really a 90% rate, it gets messed up somewhere in the gameserver.

Solution: Re-create alchemy.

We have already done a small "base" for re-creating alchemy entirely. What this means is, that you are GUARANTEED 100% to have correct rates. There will NEVER be items that keep failing no matter how often you fuse. You will always have a proper success chance. Therefore, the rage and hate towards alchemy will be drastically minimized. You all remember how SoX items are always harder to fuse right? You all know how server owners tell you that the rates are XX% but its never true right? It's not their fault, joymax simply messed up.
You might be wondering how I know this. Simple, Elamidas has had multiple million fuses. We've logged every fuse and were able to see the success and fail statistics. It's truly astonishing.

EDIT#3:
Current status of commanding feature. Source:

Old:
Updated:
Thanks
36 Users
Old 02/27/2015, 16:11   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
You've changed the whole idea, well I've to admit it, It's a brilliant one
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/27/2015, 16:13   #3

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Someone kill this dude.

The auto party targeting is just epic. I'd like to see this.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2015, 16:19   #4

-Deleted-

#Reserved for updates and idea collection.

Skype from Diago
Well, since i dont have that much time cause gotta get up early tomorrow, ill just give one, shouldnt be hard and it could add some silkroad lore since it dont have that much besides the caravan silkroad trades Well i was thinking on some sort of daily/weekly event,depending on how good the prizes are.It consists, basically, on a fortress war, but different, instead of guilds fighting for the fortress, it would be all just about thieves fighting hunters. I was thinking on jangan,imagine, hunters and traders trying to defend their loot, which is stored in jangan because, weekly(or daily) it gets transferred to jangan), and, of couse, the thieves would try to steal it , by breaking into jangan and plundering

On 23/01/15, at 00:22, Anonymous wrote:
> So basically, what im saying is to turn jangan into a fortress for like an hour or so weekly
When i say jangan
You could do the same for hotan and consta( the main cities in my opinion)
And, weekly
The faction(thieves or traders/hunters) with control of the fortress, once it ends
Would be rewarded

[28/02/15 00:05:45] Jessy: since you're changing everythign related to ****** /> [28/02/15 00:05:49] Jessy:
[28/02/15 00:05:56] Akasch: xDDD
[28/02/15 00:06:03] Jessy: comon
[28/02/15 00:06:10] Jessy: you told me before you liked it :P
[28/02/15 00:06:14] Akasch: Well, its possible to do it yeah.
[28/02/15 00:06:20] Akasch: Let me ask yura if he wants to model it
[28/02/15 00:06:20] Akasch: xD
[28/02/15 00:06:20] Jessy: ofc you can change it to something else
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/27/2015, 16:52   #5

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
This is a very simply question. LastThief and I are continuing coding a complementary partial emulator. Three long words, difficult right?

Let me explain it properly. It's an ADDON for vsro 188 files. We can do almost anything with it. So, hereby, I'm asking what kinda wars would you like?

Want an entirely new fortress war? (Takes time, cause we have to create new models for walls etc. Should be lookin good)

Want City wars? Something where a single guild can obtain the right to rule a city. Meaning additional taxes up to 5 or 10% maybe? We can make the fortress max tax 10% or 15%, so the total tax is low.

City wars is pretty simple: When the war starts, everyone is ported to some place. You can organize yourself, and run towards the cities. "kill" the city walls, kill the city heart (replace teleporter with a heart, FW style). All skills allowed etc. Not just normal skills. No obstacles either. Purely about damage of guild.

After obtaining a city, you have to defend it for 2 rounds in order to complete the event. Max time can be something like 3 hours. Since there are no obstacles and its literally just slaughter, the event is pretty quick and has tons of fighting.

Sound awesome?
Let's switch it up a notch:

What if we integrate a "Commander" function?

Explanation:
A single player, or multiple players can zoom out of the map to see the whole city properly. We will give you more character information, so you can see everything happening around the city at the same time. However, you need a good PC so that it doesn't lag, since we will be overriding the actual limits in terms of performance.
Anyways, if guildmembers agree by saying /commanderagree. The commanders can MOVE entire parties or any number of their guild characters around.

Think about it, 4 commanders, each one handling a single party. Commander clicks on an enemy, the whole party immediately automatically targets that enemy and can use their skills etc.

Basically, it's a function to target specific players all together. That way, you can properly kill down people and work together faster.

This won't be unfair, because the defenders are only one guild. The attackers are 5 times more. The defenders NEED to have something that helps them.

Anyways, This was one of the ideas that Jessy had, slightly modified. I'd like to hear your opinion regarding that idea but also all of your ideas. Including things that you think are completely impossible. Just state it and we'll do the magic.

I want WARS. HUGE WARS! Things should be going crazy big time.

PS: We can also do this MOBs VS Players style. Mobs attacking the city, players defend it. Including the Commander-function. Might be funny eh?

Edit: Todo list:
As far as i know your idea wont work in the way you described it(i assume that you want to use free camera to make "Commander" function to work). Sro client will crash if you will spawn on client anything in more than 2 sections range from actual player position. Sro client its bugged not only server files, with epic big battles everyone will crash often( probably reason its trash/delayed packets collector on client or something like that). One of the steps to override client limitations and reduce crashes you will need to inject direct 3d and draw your own 2d map in game (for example) and thats just beginning.

Anyway i like idea but despite technical things people wont work toghether and people wont listen any commanders. Joymax learned this lesson long time ago when they announced european race.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2015, 17:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
As far as i know your idea wont work in the way you described it. Sro client will crash if you will spawn on client anything in more than 2 sections range from actual player position. Sro client its bugged not only server files, with epic big battles everyone will crash often( probably reason its trash/delayed packets collector on client or something like that). One of the steps to override client limitations and reduce crashes you will need to inject direct 3d and draw your own 2d map in game (for example) and thats just beginning.

Anyway i like idea but despite technical things people wont work toghether and people wont listen any commanders. Joymax learned this lesson long time ago when they announced european race.
#1: The commander thing is compulsory AFTER players agree to it. Meaning the target selection is done AUTOMATICALLY. The players don't have a choice anymore (AFTER agreeing first, except if they want to "stop" it)

About spawning characters more than 2 sections away, it's actually not that limited.

The limit is imposed on spawning directly, it's not imposed on updates. We've got automatic pathfinding ingame already, meaning, we can "force" the commanders character to quickly run around the city with incredible speed.

Then it becomes possible to update all character information, especially when you don't pass on the despawn packet at all and take the movement update, skill execution via other characters in the specified area.

You just have to become incredibly creative when doing these things. By the way, I read your reply on sse-forums, partial emulators have their own benefits and disadvantages, it's much more work, but its also far less work. Depends on the person.

Wanna join pax?

Btw, we had a fight before on skype. I assume we've both gotten over it right? PS: Remember when mixizi bought something from you and he was talking about a "client" of his? That's me xD
Oh and I've never gotten around to figuring out navmeshes entirely, wanna help?
Old 02/27/2015, 17:03   #7

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Party merging already exists in isro/sro-r, well it's called more like a union party, where a scroll will let you invite up to 16 players in a party, which can only be used by the union master(works during FW only).
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2015, 17:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
Party merging already exists in isro/sro-r, well it's called more like a union party, where a scroll will let you invite up to 16 players in a party, which can only be used by the union master(works during FW only).
Yeap, this is similar, but you don't have it in the party window. Well MAYBE i can make that work, but Simulation isn't here atm. And he's the only one of us who is actually good at proper UI editing.

But with this, you can join any amount of parties. Not going to limit it at all. If you want to have a party of 4096 characters, go ahead. But that chat is gonna be spammed like **** xD
Old 02/27/2015, 17:38   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
#1: The commander thing is compulsory AFTER players agree to it. Meaning the target selection is done AUTOMATICALLY. The players don't have a choice anymore (AFTER agreeing first, except if they want to "stop" it)

About spawning characters more than 2 sections away, it's actually not that limited.

The limit is imposed on spawning directly, it's not imposed on updates. We've got automatic pathfinding ingame already, meaning, we can "force" the commanders character to quickly run around the city with incredible speed.

Then it becomes possible to update all character information, especially when you don't pass on the despawn packet at all and take the movement update, skill execution via other characters in the specified area.

You just have to become incredibly creative when doing these things. By the way, I read your reply on sse-forums, partial emulators have their own benefits and disadvantages, it's much more work, but its also far less work. Depends on the person.

Wanna join pax?

Btw, we had a fight before on skype. I assume we've both gotten over it right? PS: Remember when mixizi bought something from you and he was talking about a "client" of his? That's me xD
Oh and I've never gotten around to figuring out navmeshes entirely, wanna help?
Sure i can join but i don't have much time if its not a problem.

I know you need to be creative in order to make that things to work, ive used running invisible/unclickable bungwangs with replaced sounds to make fire effects and sounds in courageous

I think your'e going into wrong direction, i wouldn't count on people cooperation, especially now when we don't have many players and most of them are lonely wolfs. I think in your case to make server popular would be enough to use your server side emu to make new terrains, i know how to do it with my tools and some edits in your emu.
Old 02/27/2015, 17:40   #10

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Quote:

I know you need to be creative in order to make that things to work, ive used running invisible/unclickable bungwangs with replaced sounds to make fire effects and sounds in courageous

I think your'e going into wrong direction, i wouldn't count on people cooperation, especially now when we don't have many players and most of them are lonely wolfs. I think in your case to make server popular would be enough to use your server side emu to make new terrains, i know how to do it with my tools and some edits in your emu.

Still on VB6 ?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/27/2015, 17:43   #11

Quote:

Server sided terrains would be incredible! Let me add ya on skype again. How about this trade: InventoryControl (7034, B034 ... Don't know the rest by heart). This includes storage, guildstorage, stalls, exchanging, NPC buying, item mall buying, dropping, picking; In exchange for terrain stuff?

Or well, anything you need. We've got parties done in a few hours as well. I've got a decompiled version of the current apk. Will use that and integrate it there, then send it to ya.

But yeah, you're right. Most people are lonely wolves, might as well work together since our projects are very similar.
Old 02/27/2015, 18:09   #12

End game without bot2win
Old 02/27/2015, 18:33   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by clericakar View Post
End game without bot2win
How would you achieve this? What's your thought of an end-game? No bot 2 win. Sure, we are all clear on that in terms of end-game.

But how would you create an environment where the end-game takes several months and still be fun over time, doesn't allow certain players to become TOO OP and let's everyone always aim for more.

It's not always easy clericakar, I know you've been on my servers before, so you know that we've always tried to do a proper end-game. At elamidas we kinda made it too easy to get som sets. That's an error on my part.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2015, 20:06   #14

Received Thanks: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by xExorcist View Post
Someone kill this dude.

The auto party targeting is just epic. I'd like to see this.
I agree with you. He kills us everyday with his skills and the crew's skills too.
This ideas appeal to me consequently I will support you and I'm going to put this thread in my signature.
You should remember that if you made this things, players would be happy due to the amazing ideas. After failing their items, they wouldn't appreciate your efforts and would leave the game as usual.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2015, 20:30   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatyO View Post
I agree with you. He kills us everyday with his skills and the crew's skills too.
This ideas appeal to me consequently I will support you and I'm going to put this thread in my signature.
You should remember that if you made this things, players would be happy due to the amazing ideas. After failing their items, they wouldn't appreciate your efforts and would leave the game as usual.
I don't know what the last part with "after failing their items" means exactly. You might want to re-phrase it. I can come up with 4 different things that its' applicable to.

Anyways, thanks for the supporter there. We're doing amazing this and it seems like pax might be able to help us out on an area that we're not very comfortable with. Can't expect one person to know everything right?

Well, do you have any huge ideas that you'd like to see? Some big shit that'll ramp up the ingenious impact we'll have anyways?

EDIT: Current status of commanding feature. Source:

Old:

Updated:
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread